Continuing the trend of first time Champs?

whatdrought

This year 3 of the 4 major sports championships have been claimed by first time victors:

NHL: St. Louis Blues

NBA: Toronto Raptors

MLB: Washington Nationals

In order for that trend to sweep all 4 of the major American team sports, one of the 12 below teams must win SB 54:

Bengals 

Bills

Browns

Cardinals 

Chargers

Falcons

Jaguars

Lions

Panthers

Texans 

Titans

Vikings

Of these 12, I would think the Bills have as decent a chance as all except the Texans and Vikings. They are probably more realistic candidates... 

Also- be on the lookout for the road team in SB 54 as road wins have been big in Championships this year by a whopping ratio of 17-3. Obviously this the NFL is a different setup, but if you’re superstitious, or even a little stitious you might see the dots connecting... maybe this even applies to playoffs, which would be great if we’re gonna be a WC!

You now know these asinine facts that you potentially did not before. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Hear me now and believe me later: If we beat the Cowpukes to go 10-2 on Thanksgiving Day, we will have completed the Giants-Redskins-Cowboys revenge trifecta, and it will then be clear to everyone that the stars have finally aligned and that destiny postponed is not destiny denied. 

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

The Vikings would be nice. They have a long tradition, and went through as much SB loss as we have just not four straight.  I always like the idea of a new team winning the SB.

Screw that. That just pushes the Bills down the list of NFL teams by decreasing the size of the have-nots. 

Could be the year.  Also, New England just handed Buffalo the conference tie-breaker.  If Buffalo wins at New England and takes care of other business, the division title is theirs.

Edit: EVERY game is winnable when players don't put the ball on the ground.

Edited by ChasBB

The reality is that anything can happen in the playoffs.  If we correct mistakes and this team starts to execute in all areas, it is not that far fetched.  It's happened many times before where an unexpected team gels together and makes a run that no one saw coming.  Not saying we will but...

Edited by One Buffalo

32 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

The reality is that anything can happen in the playoffs.  If we correct mistakes and this team starts to execute in all areas, it is not that far fetched.  It's happened many before where an unexpected team gels together and makes a run that no one saw coming.  Not saying we will but...

This is my take on it. I think we have the talent, but we haven’t played to our own level yet. It’ll be interesting to see what happens!

2 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

I love you guys.  Last week at this time, its all about how terrible the team is, now it's "hey, we can win the SB"... oye. 

Pretty sure it was a different poster who said the Bills were terrible.... keep up. Lol

3 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

I love you guys.  Last week at this time, its all about how terrible the team is, now it's "hey, we can win the SB"... oye. 

If you look at my posts you’ll find I’m quite consistent in this. The Bills probably aren’t a Super Bowl team, but they’re quite likely a playoff team, and once you’re in January the rules change. I wouldn’t put any money on anything magical happening, but we’ve seen some crazy ***** over the years.

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

The Vikings would be nice. They have a long tradition, and went through as much SB loss as we have just not four straight.  I always like the idea of a new team winning the SB.

Kirk Cousins is not going to win a SB.  I'm willing to go to the bank on that.

This is more of an aside; and not seeking to drive the “Bills are winning the Super Bowl narrative” but for fun, go look at Eli Manning’s stats for 2007.... it’s kinda spooky how much those stats look like Allen’s this year. 

Coincidentally, the Giants were 6-2 through the first 9 weeks, finished 10-6 and then went on that January run... 

*twilight zone theme plays in background*

Edited by whatdrought