Buffalo Bills Might Be Most Flawed 6-2 Team You’ve Ever Seen

TwistofFate

16 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

“Real fans” only compliment members of their own team and trash everyone else! 

In that case, I congratulate you for completely reversing that paradigm. Well done. 

You might be a bit Ravens-centric though. Perhaps you can tailor your rooting interests to each week’s opponent. Here, let’s get you started:

Baker Mayfield is an infinitely better QB than Josh Allen! 

Edited by K-9

5 minutes ago, teef said:

it's still an accomplishment.  the bills are as strong as your typical 6-2 team, but the record is a positive, and it's ok to call it an accomplishment.  you play who you have in front of you.  the bills are the ones typically at the bottom.  this year they're not.

for sure, can't attack a 6-2 team, unless it should have been 8--0 (not the case here...)

can make a few wishes for improvement in key areas over this season and the next few....

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Seems you're right as the sharps are all over this as around 80% of the bets are on the Bills and the line hasn't moved.  Taking the Browns under a field goal at -2.5 is tempting in order to hedge my emotions.  With my luck the Browns will win by one.

Yeah. You'd have to bite the bullet and lay the juice on the ML to protect against that scenario. This is just one of those games that looks awful from the perspective of sports betting. Same deal with Philly. I would love to be wrong.

I'm honestly more concerned about Baker going off than I about getting gashed in the run game. They'll make stopping the run the top priority and most likely have better results in that area.

But are the Bills gonna generate enough pressure to disrupt Mayfield on 3rd and whatever. That will be the deciding factor IMO. We're probably not gonna score more than 21-24 points and that's being optimistic. Gotta get the pressure going and make some game changing plays on D.

18 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

But are the Bills gonna generate enough pressure to disrupt Mayfield on 3rd and whatever. That will be the deciding factor IMO. We're probably not gonna score more than 21-24 points and that's being optimistic. Gotta get the pressure going and make some game changing plays on D.

This is the key point and should make all the difference in the game.  Pressure Mayfield, and he'll turn the ball over.  I really wish McD and Frazier would blitz when the situation calls for it, and Cleveland is one of those games.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

This is the key point and should make all the difference in the game.  Pressure Mayfield, and he'll turn the ball over.  I really wish McD and Frazier would blitz when the situation calls for it, and Cleveland is one of those games.

We've been harping on this all season and I would say we've been very fortunate in the QB's the defense has faced.

Mayfield is certainly not a great QB, but he's someone who's perfectly capable of big games under the right circumstances. This will be a big test for the question marks some have about whether or not the defense can disrupt opposing QB's ENOUGH with their current group of pass rushers. Somebody's gotta really step up against Mayfield and Dak. Man, this schedule is really advantageous on the QB front when those are the two most concerning games!

I'll give McD a ton of credit for the work he's done on Brady, but that hasn't been the result of heat.

16 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

We've been harping on this all season and I would say we've been very fortunate in the QB's the defense has faced.

Mayfield is certainly not a great QB, but he's someone who's perfectly capable of big games under the right circumstances. This will be a big test for the question marks some have about whether or not the defense can disrupt opposing QB's ENOUGH with their current group of pass rushers. Somebody's gotta really step up against Mayfield and Dak. Man, this schedule is really advantageous on the QB front when those are the two most concerning games!

I'll give McD a ton of credit for the work he's done on Brady, but that hasn't been the result of heat.

Agree with the first sentence; this is a big reason why we're viewed so skeptically by the national media.

I think this defense is built to stop Brady and his passing attack more so than it is to stop a mobile QB with a strong rushing attack.  Throw in a dominant o-line and we don't have the horses for that (such as with Philly.)  I don't worry so much about Cleveland since their o-line isn't the best and Mayfield isn't that good, just need to shut down Chubb primarily.  I do worry about Baltimore and Dallas - very good o-lines and a strong rushing attack.  Those are two losses.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Agree with the first sentence; this is a big reason why we're viewed so skeptically by the national media.

I think this defense is built to stop Brady and his passing attack more so than it is to stop a mobile QB with a strong rushing attack.  Throw in a dominant o-line and we don't have the horses for that (such as with Philly.)  I don't worry so much about Cleveland since their o-line isn't the best and Mayfield isn't that good, just need to shut down Chubb primarily.  I do worry about Baltimore and Dallas - very good o-lines and a strong rushing attack.  Those are two losses.

Baltimore is a W

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yeah. You'd have to bite the bullet and lay the juice on the ML to protect against that scenario. This is just one of those games that looks awful from the perspective of sports betting. Same deal with Philly. I would love to be wrong.

I'm honestly more concerned about Baker going off than I about getting gashed in the run game. They'll make stopping the run the top priority and most likely have better results in that area.

Only do ml in baseball.  Bills rarely lose by less than a fg.  If they lose it’s usually double digits.  Road public dogs are historically bad at covering.  I hate the dynamics of this game for all the reasons you mentioned.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Baltimore is a W

You think?  Between Lamar Jackson, Mark Ingram, and a very good o-line I just don't like that game.  

I don't like the Dallas game either because of their o-line, Zeke, and Dak who doesn't run like Lamar, but is a better passer.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Say more as they do concern me, given our rush D

They run a ton of stuff w/Jackson off tackle, and that's where Edmunds shines. He moves laterally better than north-south right now. I think we have the personnel to be able to key on Ingram and the Jackson's read option and take away everything else...we match up well defensively. 

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

They run a ton of stuff w/Jackson off tackle, and that's where Edmunds shines. He moves laterally better than north-south right now. I think we have the personnel to be able to key on Ingram and the Jackson's read option and take away everything else...we match up well defensively. 

Good point, I noticed that he ran off tackle a lot.

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Only do ml in baseball.  Bills rarely lose by less than a fg.  If they lose it’s usually double digits.  Road public dogs are historically bad at covering.  I hate the dynamics of this game for all the reasons you mentioned.

Give me the 3-0 on the road UNDEFEATED ATS Buffalo Bills +3 all DAY against the 2-6 ATS losers of their last 4 ATS Browns...easy $$

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

They run a ton of stuff w/Jackson off tackle, and that's where Edmunds shines.

Think Baltimore will see that and adjusts, such as Jackson's read option going through the A or B gap?  That could be a problem. Also depends on changes McD makes with the rush D scheme.