Which Local Sports Radio Station do you listen to?

1997WS6

Which Local Sports Radio Station do you listen to?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which Local Sports Radio Station do you listen to?

• WGR550
    • 1270 The Fan
    • Online Streaming
    • I don't listen to Sports Radio

WGR 100% 

Howard and Jeremy for the morning commute

Schoop and the bull dog for the ride home

Nate, Jeremy and Sneaky Joe on Sunday’s before the game during chores 

plus Sal is on often and I like his insider perspective, not that I agree with it, but it’s nice hearing from someone in the room. 

None. A lot of posters here are out of WNY, and couldn’t easily listen to the local stuff if they wanted to.....and after tuning in on my trips back....I don’t want to. I listen to national stuff on Sirius. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

None. A lot of posters here are out of WNY, and couldn’t easily listen to the local stuff if they wanted to.....and after tuning in on my trips back....I don’t want to. I listen to national stuff on Sirius. 

Hahaha.  Part of me understands the not wanting to part.  :)

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

I am 1,400 miles from WNY but listen to multiple GR-55 shows every day via streaming at their website.

It's incredibly easy to do.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

I am 1,400 miles from WNY but listen to multiple GR-55 shows every day via streaming at their website.

It's incredibly easy to do.

I generally only listen to radio in the car, and I prefer the national stuff. I used to log on to WGR at home for certain stuff, like post game shows. It just wasn’t worth it to me after a while. Even when I’m out walking I’ll have my phone on Sirius or Pandora when I’m sure I could be on WGR. I do tune in when I go back to Buffalo for a game as I ride around in a rental car....and it’s just enough to remind me why I don’t tune in any other time. I don’t HATE it, I just have my preferences. 

I will certainly grant you that there may be times when I’m missing good stuff, but I don’t know where or when to find anything I like enough to change my habits. Maybe part of it is that, while I was super into the Sabres before I left for school in ‘77, I’ve totally lost track since. I’ve been gone a long time! 

1 minute ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Say what you will, but good old Jerry Sullivan has really done a good job to raise the profile for 1270 AM which was a pretty crappy AM station that no one was listening to.  Granted the audience is still small in comparison to WGR but his morning show definitely helped

If I was driving and I was forced to listen to sports radio, and my only options were Sullivan or Schopp and the Bulldog, I would choose driving head on into a bridge abutment...

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

If I was driving and I was forced to listen to sports radio, and my only options were Sullivan or Schopp and the Bulldog, I would choose driving head on into a bridge abutment...

Sully’s show is not that bad.  He brings on a lot of guests.  Also he has connections and they sit in the studio with him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Me too.

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

Aha.  NPR crowd...?

18 minutes ago, notwoz said:

I occasionally stream WGR,  usually in the afternoon. But I don't listen to any sports stations here in the Washington CD market. 

Cross Dressers?  ?

2 hours ago, 1997WS6 said:

If it's a spit between stations, feel free to post below!

Not a fair question since the majority of posters on this board do not live in WNY.

Edited by egd

I don’t usually listen to any Buffalo stations during the day. Once in awhile I will tune in depending on the day and topic. I will often go back and stream certain interviews or clips on demand. I do like the Nightcap. I usually listen to Cbus sports radio. I listen to the Locked On Bills podcast every morning too.