If these are Josh Allen's Stats through 4 seasons, does he get a 5th year?

Motorin'

If these are Josh Allen's Stats through 4 seasons, does he get a 5th year?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. If there are Josh Allen's Stats through 4 seasons, does he get a 5th year?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, I'd cut him after Year 3
    • No, I'd cut him after Year 2

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That is kind of my point. If the question is just would you take a QB who wins a SB then of course you would. Eli and Flacco at their peak were both top 10 guys though I would argue spent more of their career outside the top 10 than in it. If that is Josh's career at the end of course it is a success. But if you end up with a non top 10 guy and you are just hoping each one is the year where you strike lightening in a bottle and it all comes together then that is not a very good strategy. 

Well outside of tha Pats, Greenbay and New Orleans thats pretty much the nfl. 

2 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Well outside of tha Pats, Greenbay and New Orleans thats pretty much the nfl. 

Not is isn't. There are QBs who have never won a Lombardi that have been career top 10 guys. If Kyle Shanahan just runs the damn ball then Matt Ryan a career top 10 QB has a Lombardi. Now if you said to me Matt Ryan's career with a Lombardi I would snap your hand off. Eli (especially the first time) and Flacco were just lightening in a bottle. 

9 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

The first Superbowl win over Pats was 17-14  while the second one was 21-17.  It wasn't a QB duel...

He still went 8-0 those two years, with a QB rating around a 100, and was an important part of the two SB wins. You can try to diminish it all you want - it still happened.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

He still went 8-0 those two years, with a QB rating around a 100, and was an important part of the two SB wins. You can try to diminish it all you want - it still happened.

True.  I ll give him credit for playing efficiently during the Superbowl runs.    But  a QB doesn't win on his own .   Football is a team sport.  Would the outcome of the games have been the same with Eli but without  Justin Tuck , Osi Umenyiora,  Jason Pierre Paul and co?    Probably not.  

39 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

True.  I ll give him credit for playing efficiently during the Superbowl runs.    But  a QB doesn't win on his own .   Football is a team sport.  Would the outcome of the games have been the same with Eli but without  Justin Tuck , Osi Umenyiora,  Jason Pierre Paul and co?    Probably not.  

Don’t overlook two wins in GB vs a 13-3 and a 15-1 team.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Depends on what else is available. Those stats put me in the same place as Bortles, Winston, Mariota, etc. You could do worse, but should you? 

That's the issue. With each game Allen  (a) doesn't look like a complete bust, (b) doesn't look like the next top 5 QB, such as a Ben R,, and (c) seems more likely to fit within the Bortles, Mariota category of good enough to keep your team competitive but clearly lacking the attributes of a top level QB (e.g., accuracy at short, middle and long passes, high football IQ). If you can get your defense to a high level you can make to an AFC championship game, ala Jacksonville with Bortles, but it takes all the pieces falling into place just right.

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Here is where this discussion turns stupid. First of all, you can't guarantee Allen would win us 2 SBs despite being a horrible turnover machine. Second, back in 2007 QBs were still getting massive rookie contracts so the incentive to stick with a guy you just paid $60mil to was greater than it is today. 

Bad QBs have won SBs before. It doesn't mean I should want to put up with a bad QB simply because some other bad QB won it all a decade ago.

IDK Bang,

He couldn't be that bad to win 2 SB MVP's? He sits 8th all time in passing yards all well. I wasn't trying to turn the discussion stupid. Just pointing out the fact that you turned your nose up to a HOF QB like we don't desperately need one.  He's was a friggin beast in the playoffs. 

I'd take a QB like that all day if we won 2 SB's. 

Edited by Real McCoy

On 10/28/2019 at 6:14 PM, Real McCoy said:

IDK Bang,

He couldn't be that bad to win 2 SB MVP's? He sits 8th all time in passing yards all well. I wasn't trying to turn the discussion stupid. Just pointing out the fact that you turned your nose up to a HOF QB like we don't desperately need one.  He's was a friggin beast in the playoffs. 

I'd take a QB like that all day if we won 2 SB's. 

The reason why I posted the thread was to get a general consensus of where the board is at in terms of patience and process. The majority have none, and would blow up a team on the cusp of winning a Super Bowl because it fits the 3 and done ***** show that Ralph Wilson seemed to have conditioned them into demanding. 

I see huge strides forward from last year to this year, and think that we have an opportunity to take big strides forward over the next few seasons. But the majority prefer the satisfaction of seeing people fired, it gives some kind of satisfaction. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I'd rather have a QB who wins 75% of his games (like Allen has done this season) and drives the short sighted stat boys crazy than a QB who loses more games than he wins but puts up a bunch of 300 yard games because he threw some picks early & is playing from behind.  

Every time some stat boy starts a thread quoting QB stats, he needs to be reminded that the most important stat is Ws in the standings.   

Edited by Albany,n.y.

On 10/28/2019 at 3:09 PM, Motorin' said:
        Year G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int               Rate   Sk              
        1 9 7 1-6-0 95 197 48.2 1043 6 3.0 9               55.4   13              
        2 16 16 11-5-0 294 557 52.8 3762 24 4.3 17               75.9   28              
        3 16 16 8-8-0 301 522 57.7 3244 24 4.6 18               77.0   25              
        4 16 16 10-6-0 297 529 56.1 3336 23 4.3 20               73.9   27            

Eli Manning.   12-4 and won the Superbowl the following season.

Year 4 was Manning's first year under Kevin Gilbride.

It's an interesting question.  Manning won 2 Superbowls for the Giants.  He was a legit "can win for you if you have enough pieces around him" guy.

Overall in his career, despite the 2 Superbowls, I think hindsight is going to judge him as not quite good enough.

But he's also a night-and-day different QB than Josh - a cerebral pocket-passer with limited mobility, but not quite as cerebral as his brother The Sherriff.

So maybe not the right choice to compare, because what you see above there is all you get.  You're not getting rushing yards , rushing TDs, much in the way of 1st D.