Does Tom Brady see ghosts against bills...lately

Hebert19

Seriously.  In 3 of the last 4 games he has been average or below average against us.  Feels like hyde and poyer confuse him a little.  He throws the ball into the ground or away against us more than anyone I've seen. 

Dont get me wrong I dont think we scare him...but he definitely sees things that are not there the last few games we have played him.  

2 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Its already rumored that he might never come back to Buffalo in the future

Well, it could be connected :huh:

So, he’s going to skip our home playoff game this year? Is this a protest against our hotels again? 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

The last two outings?

Most definitely!  He has bailed out too early the past couple games. He definitely has been more confused about our defense than I've ever seen him.  

Thanks for providing real feedback. Ha

Think the poyer pick 6 was turning point.  Since then he and billy have constantly talked about disguise 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Thanks for providing real feedback. Ha

Think the poyer pick 6 was turning point.  Since then he and billy have constantly talked about disguise 

He’s not seeing ghosts in the defensive backfield at all, IMO. He’s flinching early to get the ball out in 1.5 seconds lest his lousy OL allows him to get smacked! He flicks it then often seems to literally flinch and turn away at the thought of getting hit. He’s trying to save himself for the playoffs. We’re not confusing him, he’s seen it all. He just doesn’t want to get hit, and he doesn’t have time to let a longer play develop. 

Oh, and the 42 year old thing was REAL feedback. That’s what happens. And meant in a genuine and friendly way.  ?

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Magox said:

The last two outings?

Most definitely!  He has bailed out too early the past couple games. He definitely has been more confused about our defense than I've ever seen him.  

I don’t think he’s confused at all. He just knows exactly what to do to avoid getting hit. THAT is what we are watching. You don’t get more confused as you age. It’s not dementia. You lose physical abilities to the point they cannot be compensated for by his still expanding mental abilities (not to mention that lousy OL in front of him).  He wants to stay in one piece for the playoffs and he wants one more ring. Hopefully, he’ll then go away forever! 

If the game is in hand why chance it:

20 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t think he’s confused at all. He just knows exactly what to do to avoid getting hit. THAT is what we are watching. You don’t get more confused as you age. It’s not dementia. You lose physical abilities to the point they cannot be compensated for by his still expanding mental abilities (not to mention that lousy OL in front of him).  He wants to stay in one piece for the playoffs and he wants one more ring. Hopefully, he’ll then go away forever! 

21 minutes ago, Augie said:

It was a 6 point game at the end, and never in hand until the cheap head shot to Allen in the 4th. 

Difference of opinion. I thought Brady didn’t throw into tight spots and threw the ball away ( intentional grounding) to avoid turnovers and hits because the *pats felt their defense would hold. If the need arose for him to stand in the pocket and throw he would have.

46 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

Difference of opinion. I thought Brady didn’t throw into tight spots and threw the ball away ( intentional grounding) to avoid turnovers and hits because the *pats felt their defense would hold. If the need arose for him to stand in the pocket and throw he would have.

I don’t know that we actually have a difference of opinion. They never had it firmly in control because it was a 6 point game with time to spare and we had the ball. Brady would have done what was necessary to win, for sure. But he also did everything possible to avoid getting touched. Josh? Did the opposite (resulting in a cheap head shot), thereby leaving Brady off the hook. 

So, we may or may not see it differently. 

Edited by Augie

26 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t know that we actually have a difference of opinion. They never had it firmly in control because it was a 6 point game with time to spare and we had the ball. Brady would have done what was necessary to win, for sure. But he also did everything possible to avoid getting touched. Josh? Did the opposite (resulting in a cheap head shot), thereby leaving Brady off the hook. 

So, we may or mat not see it differently. 

Sounds about the same to me. 

8 hours ago, Augie said:

That's not the way I view it.  I think he has been flustered against the Bills and it's not even so much the pass pressure from the Bills as the coverage disguises.  It's not a coincidence that the two worst outings hes had over the past 3 years were against the Bills.

12 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Seriously.  In 3 of the last 4 games he has been average or below average against us.  Feels like hyde and poyer confuse him a little.  He throws the ball into the ground or away against us more than anyone I've seen. 

Dont get me wrong I dont think we scare him...but he definitely sees things that are not there the last few games we have played him.  

did the Pats win?

Is that besides the point?