Davis Webb

Ennjay

If I were the Jets (and thank God I'm not), I'd sign Webb off the Bills' PS to my active roster as Falk's backup because as bad as he was in training camp he should know the offense and he has to be better than any other available option.  I also wouldn't want to waste draft choices or much $ on getting a short-term second-stringer (so I'm not trading for Eli -- that's a joke).  Is there any reason other than Gase or ego that the Jets couldn't do that?

18 minutes ago, Ennjay said:

If I were the Jets (and thank God I'm not), I'd sign Webb off the Bills' PS to my active roster as Falk's backup because as bad as he was in training camp he should know the offense and he has to be better than any other available option.  I also wouldn't want to waste draft choices or much $ on getting a short-term second-stringer (so I'm not trading for Eli -- that's a joke).  Is there any reason other than Gase or ego that the Jets couldn't do that?

Or:  They had him.  He sucked.  He got cut.  No reason to sign guys that you know suck

Just for fun, headlines from today's (Bergen) Record, North Jersey's local paper:

Jets’ 0-2 season is spinning out of control

Jets won’t say why they benched CB Trumaine Johnson

Jamal Adams’ frustration is becoming a concern for Jets

And lest we forget that other local football team:

GIANTS BOTCH BENCHING AGAIN 

Manning deserved better than team’s years of indecision

• Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Ennjay said:

Just for fun, headlines from today's (Bergen) Record, North Jersey's local paper:

Jets’ 0-2 season is spinning out of control

Jets won’t say why they benched CB Trumaine Johnson

Jamal Adams’ frustration is becoming a concern for Jets

And lest we forget that other local football team:

GIANTS BOTCH BENCHING AGAIN 

Manning deserved better than team’s years of indecision

They also need to add a headline that goes something like, "Giants and Jets fans surprised their teams play in New Jersey"

• Haha (+1) 2

So Gase Fails signed David Fales?  Had the Patriots made an offer to Davis Webb, it would shock me to learn he replied, "No thanks."  Yeah, he'd have been on an active roster, and it would have meant more pay, but it would only be until Darnold recovered from his case of mono, a month or so.  It would have meant having to endure what is looking more and more like a dysfunctional organization.  Then after fa few weeks he would have been cut.  Buffalo is starting to develop a reputation as an organization that has it together, and a team where players actually care about each other.  That may count for something.

29 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

So Gase Fails signed David Fales?  Had the Patriots made an offer to Davis Webb, it would shock me to learn he replied, "No thanks."  Yeah, he'd have been on an active roster, and it would have meant more pay, but it would only be until Darnold recovered from his case of mono, a month or so.  It would have meant having to endure what is looking more and more like a dysfunctional organization.  Then after fa few weeks he would have been cut.  Buffalo is starting to develop a reputation as an organization that has it together, and a team where players actually care about each other.  That may count for something.

Good points.  I hope you're right.

I was really wondering if there's any league procedure that would bar re-signing a guy you cut who's on another team's PS.  I wouldn't think so (there's obviously no rule against re-signing your own cuts), but the NFL has a lot of procedural red tape.