Have the Patriots Not Learned Anything?

ChevyVanMiller

25 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Well yes, but that means I don't think he should be put in prison until proven guilty.  I can still have my opinion about what I believe is likely to have happened.

i'm not saying AB is an upstanding man, just that even doushebags deserve the benefit of doubt. anyone who has been falsely accused of anything knows what i mean.

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

And Ray Rice (until the video--oops).

And Tyreek Hill

And MCCoy.

Then there's Kobe (and Shaquille, for that matter).

This is what NFL teams do with the best players.

Why is anyone questioning this now?

oh, right...

McCoy is something you really have to let go.  It's not remotely in the same league.  Never heard about Shaq but I've no reason to disbelieve.

And sorry everyone is ganging up on your Pats.  You're not paranoid.  Just because everyone is against you.

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, what would one expect them to learn?   One learns when one does (whatever it is) and it has a negative consequence

What is the negative consequence to the Patriots for re-up'ing a psychopath and a murderer?  While he was with them, Hernandez improved their team.  When evidence he was a psychopath and a murderer came out in public, they dropped him like a stone down a well.

They'll do the same with Chung and with Brown IMO because that's what they've learned.  They'll stick with guys they think might make them better until their legal troubles completely overshadow their contribution, then they'll cut ties.

When NE signed Brown, I was excited despite him being an asshat. He would either conform to the Patriot Way by staying out of trouble, keeping his mouth shut, and not broadcasting on instance. Now, after he was signed, these allegations come out. Convenient, right? By all accounts, NE didn't know about them. 

Chung won't be in any trouble because he wasn't even arrested. Reports are they weren't his drugs. Even if they were, the DA wouldn't put him in jail because he believes in treatment. Well documented...

Americans have become more desensitized to anti social behavior than ever before. Why would the actions of the Patriots be any different? Afterall, NFL Football is firmly embedded in our culture as entertainment, and it is clearly predicated on winning.

Edited by Rocket94

10 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

All those texts do is prove that AB ***** on her back and that’s he’s an idiot with anger issues.

In itself, busting on somebody’s back doesn’t prove anything. We don’t know what kind of sexual kinks were at play. It’s probably not but it could have been fine in the context of the event.

19 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I will be honest I have idea what most of that means. I only know he masturbated over her back because I read it elsewhere so I part understand that reference. The rest makes no sense to me.