[Name Only Title] Sean McDermott

Hebert19

6 minutes ago, chris heff said:

I’ve seen this sentiment a number of times, good teams over come injuries.

I have coaching decision question, why not kick a FG with 12 seconds rather than punt? And if your going to punt why not take delay penalty? I don’t think it was a time out.

I didn’t know Freddie was doing a post game show for the Bills, but he is. During that they had Josh on and he specifically said that him being out was a big deal. 

4 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I didn’t know Freddie was doing a post game show for the Bills, but he is. During that they had Josh on and he specifically said that him being out was a big deal. 

I understand, but I seem to recall Kelly being injured and some other guy won a few games. And Mosley played that first drive, Bills were moving ball with ease until fumble.

Edited by chris heff

12 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

This is what I think.  We're also lucky Crowder didn't do more damage than he did.  We had no answer for Crowder.

Two things on Crowder: (1) He was the only one who caught passes--and not very many in the bigger scheme of things, and (2) they were letting him catch the underneath stuff, but did you notice there were few, very few, completions to anyone over 10 yards?

Yes, he caught a bunch of passes, but overall the Jets passing (and running) game was shut down.

Edited by CSBill
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

Great job coaching today in the 2nd half.  The D played great all game.  The offense came out way too imbalanced.  You have to run the ball, even if it is just to keep the Defense honest.

Balderdash! You don’t ‘HAVE to’ do anything of the sort. No one could have guessed we’d open with 18 straight passes, least of all the Jets. True, we didn’t score in the 1st Half, but the Jets were never prepared for a play afterwards. Jets Secondary is sub par. Everyone knows this. So Daboll unleashed Air Allen Raid on their azzes. Will likely do it again next week, same place, as the G-men have a weak Secondary too. He’ll ‘3 yards & a cloud of dust’ where the opponents weaknesses dictate. It’s the very best offense you can run -if you have the horses. Like @Fergie says, OL with multiple skills will play where those skills fit best. As for Frazier, he’s lulled the League into believing we’ll only play a base 4-3. Yesterday? The Buffalo Blitzkrieg was unveiled.

“Once you get a reputation as an early riser, you can sleep ‘til noon” Marv Levy.

For such an ironic screen name, one would think you’d be up with the times.. 

Coming out passing was the right play. But I do think after the first fumble they should have just dialled it down a bit and allowed Josh and the offense to settle back in with the run. 

But that first drive was hugely encouraging. That was what NFL offense is supposed to look like. Well scripted plays, well designed, targeting the opponents weakness and allowing Josh some easier reads to get started. Allen was decisive, in rhythm and precise. If we can get that and get it more consistently as the season goes on? Then we will be very hard to stop. 

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Balderdash! You don’t ‘HAVE to’ do anything of the sort. No one could have guessed we’d open with 18 straight passes, least of all the Jets. True, we didn’t score in the 1st Half, but the Jets were never prepared for a play afterwards. Jets Secondary is sub par. Everyone knows this. So Daboll unleashed Air Allen Raid on their azzes. Will likely do it again next week, same place, as the G-men have a weak Secondary too. He’ll ‘3 yards & a cloud of dust’ where the opponents weaknesses dictate. It’s the very best offense you can run -if you have the horses. Like @Fergie says, OL with multiple skills will play where those skills fit best. As for Frazier, he’s lulled the League into believing we’ll only play a base 4-3. Yesterday? The Buffalo Blitzkrieg was unveiled.

“Once you get a reputation as an early riser, you can sleep ‘til noon” Marv Levy.

For such an ironic screen name, one would think you’d be up with the times.. 

That opening led to ZERO points. Case closed. The balanced attacked let to ALL the Bills points.  You have to run the ball.  It is a passing league, but not an all passing league.  Look at the Patriots.  You MUST run the ball. 

• Haha (+1) 1