Home opener parking advice?

thebug

2 hours ago, thebug said:

Hmmm. A few posts have been deleted? Where did they go? 

You’re bordering on “Who’s the Richard Head who closed my thread?” territory. 

But since this thread allows for commentary, Hammers Lot is fun but you’re packed in like sardines. I’m somewhat claustrophobic and anti-social. I like to park at the McKinley Mall. Wide open lot. Very few people there. Can throw the football to myself at 6am under the lights which gives me that “stadium” feel. I crank the pre-game show at 7am, call in give my prediction (Call sign “Joe from Java Center”). At 7:30am I typically take a nap until 8:15am. I start my quick walk to the stadium at 9am. Pack up my Radio Flyer wagon which has an antique toaster oven filled with charcoal. As I walk the toaster oven bakes my dozen wings perfectly for my arrival at the stadium area at 12:40. I bring along @CountryCletus‘ dog bowl (good luck tradition) and toss my perfectly baked wings in Franks, Miracle Whip and butta’. Then I ask a person walking by to spray me in hamburger relish. No crowds for me and parking is cheap. 

Best of luck in your search and feel free to join me if you’d like. I can reserve you a spot at the Mall. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I always park on Big Tree (one of the houses somewhat close to the 219 entrance) for 10 bucks, then hoof it over to the Hammer Lot.

can see that being a good option

8 hours ago, thebug said:

Thank you! Apparently that thread is for reservations only. No questions allowed, unless you are part of the clique. Just looking for other options.

thanks again! 

Thanks! 

huh??????

Edited by plenzmd1

9 hours ago, thebug said:

Thank you! Apparently that thread is for reservations only. No questions allowed, unless you are part of the clique. Just looking for other options.

thanks again! 

Thanks! 

No problem bud.  We’re flying up for the opener from Florida, so myself, my two sons, and about a dozen and a half of my relatives will be there.  I always love meeting TBD guys so we can have an adult beverage together.  I’ll pm you if interested.  I hope everyone else keeps that sign in you’re car so we know who each other are in Hammers.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

No problem bud.  We’re flying up for the opener from Florida, so myself, my two sons, and about a dozen and a half of my relatives will be there.  I always love meeting TBD guys so we can have an adult beverage together.  I’ll pm you if interested.  I hope everyone else keeps that sign in you’re car so we know who each other are in Hammers.

There should be a banner. Scott has the big one but hasn't brought it since the year he got it. I might have the smaller one, or I gave it to Mead to hang onto since he's there every week. 

5 minutes ago, thebug said:

Not sure yet, it will take me some time to filter out the unrelated comments before I can see my options. 

If you need help counting, I am here for you.  

It will be tough.  But I know I can do it.

6 minutes ago, thebug said:

If you could have it completed before the home opener, that would be great! 

I can't promise anything.  I need to sift through all of these other BS posts.  Where the hell is the report button??!?!?!?!?!

• Haha (+1) 1