Gregg Williams ready to shock the league with Jets' pass rush

HOUSE

Just now, FLFan said:

Blowhard.  With Rex out of the league, someone had to take up the role of Sound and Fury Signifying Nothing.  He better hope the rush gets there because his LBs and CBs cannot cover.  

...an endorsement in his LIMITED NFL future?..............pffft............

image.png.4eeb234b95a16a674f8e76aca0fc7a76.png

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...wonder if the 7+ teams that wanted to hire him will still be interested???........

It is hard to keep up with Williams. If you are having a conversation and his name comes up...better Google him.

Edited by Rocket94

4 hours ago, Steptide said:

Guess we'll get an idea of how good the bills o line is tomorrow 

i haven't seen this anywhere yet, but what is our starting oline? i was hoping neseke at rt and ford at guard or i fear it's gonna be a tough day on the rookie. that spot has been horrible for years. we need allen upright.

I hope he blitzes every play so he can leave his corners one on one with no help and leaves Beasley open all day. He'd be a fool to blitz with such a poor defensive backfield, but theres a reason GW isnt seen as a great strategical coach.

6 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I never liked Ryan's pregame "This One's Personal" rants. 

Oldtimers here know this, but my screen name used to be "Hopeful". 

I changed it on 11 September, 2016.  Why?  I had allowed myself to be persuaded, against my better football judgement, that Rex Ryan would do wonderful things for the Bills.  Rex certainly told us all about it.  He would improve the D from #4, that was kind of a disappointment with the personnel we had.   He would shut down the Pats, and it would be on tape for everyone to see.

Then came opening day - September 11, 2016, and I saw what we all saw - a Rex Ryan coached team that was underprepared, undisciplined, and appeared disorganized.  The offense was impotent and the defense shot itself in the foot with penalties and couldn't get a stop and get off the field.

And that's when I changed from "Hopeful" to "Hapless".  Sometime, I'd like to feel comfortable changing back.

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I changed it on 11 September, 2016.  Why?  I had allowed myself to be persuaded, against my better football judgement, that Rex Ryan would do wonderful things for the Bills.  Rex certainly told us all about it.  He would improve the D from #4, that was kind of a disappointment with the personnel we had.   He would shut down the Pats, and it would be on tape for everyone to see.

Then came opening day - September 11, 2016, and I saw what we all saw - a Rex Ryan coached team that was underprepared, undisciplined, and appeared disorganized.  The offense was impotent and the defense shot itself in the foot with penalties and couldn't get a stop and get off the field.

And that's when I changed from "Hopeful" to "Hapless".  Sometime, I'd like to feel comfortable changing back.

Your new name kind of says it all. Hopefully the Bills start winning again and you can change it back. Someone referred to one of my posts as "Jaded" sounding. Some of my posts were so dry and resigned I didnt even realize it. I remember watching Ryan's press conference when he was hired. My girlfriend (who wouldnt know a touchdown from a home run) walked in the room asked me "Who is he, good luck with him!"

Edited by Rocket94

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

lol that's funny. i knew it was a stupid hire before it happened. i believe it went something like this...

russ: come on doug, get behind me on this and help me sell him to the pegs. we need to put butts in the seats. we'll be rockstars!...and i promise you, i'll get you an extension and you'll be wiping your butt with money!

doug:  ok, but don't forget we're all in on ej. we stole sammy in the draft, remember how we crushed that?     e. j 's my boy.

marone just couldn't get it through his head. hell, i whacked his best rb and fan favorite to show him whose boss. anyway, he's gone

russ: yeah, sure whatever...we can't let rex leave the building!

Edited by billsredneck1

2 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Your new name kind of says it all. Hopefully the Bills start winning again and you change it back. Someone referred to one of my posts as "Jaded" sounding. Some of my posts were so dry and resigned I didnt even realize it. I remember watching Ryan's press conference when he was hired. My girlfriend (who wouldnt know a touchdown from a home run) walked in the room asked me "Who is he, good luck with him!"

Ha! Smart girlfriend.

I was very skeptical about Rex Ryan.  Literally, I was at a party with a retired NFL player - a HOF guy, name everyone would recognize***  - and he was telling me "Rex Ryan is going to do great things with your team" etc etc.  So I started questioning myself - I mean, this guy has forgotten 200x more football than I'll ever know in my wildest dreams.  I was like "nah, I'm too negative, I should listen to him, Relax and get ready to Enjoy the Ride".  And then, Week 1 followed by Week 2.

***I do not hang with such people, my kid happened to go to school with his kids, that's all

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ha! Smart girlfriend.

I was very skeptical about Rex Ryan.  Literally, I was at a party with a retired NFL player - a HOF guy, name everyone would recognize***  - and he was telling me "Rex Ryan is going to do great things with your team" etc etc.  So I started questioning myself - I mean, this guy has forgotten 200x more football than I'll ever know in my wildest dreams.  I was like "nah, I'm too negative, I should listen to him, Relax and get ready to Enjoy the Ride".  And then, Week 1 followed by Week 2.

***I do not hang with such people, my kid happened to go to school with his kids, that's all

Well, that is what hopeful Bill's fans do! hearing it from an old pro may have helped a little, but deep down you still had reservations. I admit that I bought in to the Ryan myth, at least initially, but then everything just went sideways, and in a hurry.

Edited by Rocket94

5 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

I am so sick of this guy and the narrative that he is a defensive genius. He once was but he has not adapted well to the modern nfl. In the last 10 seasons he’s had top 10 defense in yards allowed twice and in points once. Dude is over hyped and failed miserable last year with a way more talented browns roster. 

He's Rex Ryan w/o the foot fetish.

• Like (+1) 1