Gregg Williams ready to shock the league with Jets' pass rush

Schopp and Bulldog were running down Gregg Williams' defensive stats over the last many years yesterday.

The moral to the story being that no matter how you choose to rank defenses, his have been no better than middle of the pack or worse for quite a long time now.

And yet the guy has more lives than a cat.

It is AMAZING to me how these guys keep jobs forever in this league.

4 hours ago, cd1 said:

I wonder what is going through Frank Gore's head as he prepares for THIS game.

Frank was one of Greggos targets in Bounty Gate - 

this is a great point. I think its safe to say Gore will be the starter tmro. You think there will be a little extra fuel in the tank for Frank? It'd be great to see him beat and batter Greggo's D behind a new OL. 

3 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Gregg Williams motto -- there's no "Team" in "I"

I could see he and Gase coming to blows at some point during this season...even if things are going well.

I would love to see that. Imagine the billing on that bout... The Beach Chair Brawler vs. The Cocaine Kid!  Only thing missing would be Michael Buffer on the call, or more than likely his obscure brother lol

Scam alert, The Jets have around 7 mil in cap space so signing a top pass rusher would be almost impossible. Every team saves a little cap in case of injuries.

The Jets secondary is average at best.

Greg Williams has no choice but to plug his pass rush.

Edited by HOUSE

13 hours ago, HOUSE said:

“I think there’s a lot of people here that people are going to be shocked about by the time the season is over,” Williams said Friday. “You haven’t heard me say one thing about needs in that area. I’m not worried about it.”

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/07/gregg-williams-new-york-jets-pass-rush/

He's gonna shock you full of shock!

9 hours ago, Gigs said:

I hope he blitzes every play so he can leave his corners one on one with no help and leaves Beasley open all day. He'd be a fool to blitz with such a poor defensive backfield, but theres a reason GW isnt seen as a great strategical coach.

He's the Roman Legions, he has one strategy and that's attack.

Let's hope Daboll is Hannibal Barca. See you at Cannae, *******

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I heard so much...SO much about Greggo this past week I got a little curious...So I did some digging...

Since 2006 he's been an NFL DC for 11 seasons...

I gave him the benefit of the doubt, only interested in the amount of times his Defenses finished in the Top 15 in key categories...Top 15...Not Top 10...Not even Top 12...

Yds Per Rush - 6 times (6/11)...Best statistical category over the years...Best finishes 2017 Browns - 2nd, 2007 Redskins 3rd...

Total Rushing Yds Allowed - 5 Times (5/11)...Best finishes 2007 Redskins 4th, 2017 Browns 7th...

Total Yds Allowed - 4 times (4/11) - Best finishes 2010 NO 4th, 2007 Skins 8th, 2016 Rams 9th...

Points Allowed - 4 times (4/11) - Best finish 2010 NO 9th...

Takaways - 4 times (4/11) - 2009 NO 2nd, 2018 Browns 2nd...

Passing Yds Allowed - 2 times (2/11)...Best finish 2010 NO 4th...

I listed every top 10 finish...That's 11 total Top 10 finishes in 6 key statistical categories over 11 seasons as an NFL DC since 2006....

That's not even average folks...

Now I fully understand there are a tons of factors that play in...But that's a pretty large sample...

I think the Jets have good talent on Defense...But it's not elite...At least not most of it...They did not finish in the top half of the NFL in any key statistical Defensive category in 2018...Not one...And Greggo's schemes can be had, it's up to Daboll and Josh to exploit it...

But it's not like they should be scared or anything...?

3 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

I heard so much...SO much about Greggo this past week I got a little curious...So I did some digging...

Since 2006 he's been an NFL DC for 11 seasons...

I gave him the benefit of the doubt, only interested in the amount of times his Defenses finished in the Top 15 in key categories...Top 15...Not Top 10...Not even Top 12...

Yds Per Rush - 6 times (6/11)...Best statistical category over the years...Best finishes 2017 Browns - 2nd, 2007 Redskins 3rd...

Total Rushing Yds Allowed - 5 Times (5/11)...Best finishes 2007 Redskins 4th, 2017 Browns 7th...

Total Yds Allowed - 4 times (4/11) - Best finishes 2010 NO 4th, 2007 Skins 8th, 2016 Rams 9th...

Points Allowed - 4 times (4/11) - Best finish 2010 NO 9th...

Takaways - 4 times (4/11) - 2009 NO 2nd, 2018 Browns 2nd...

Passing Yds Allowed - 2 times (2/11)...Best finish 2010 NO 4th...

I listed every top 10 finish...That's 11 total Top 10 finishes in 6 key statistical categories over 11 seasons as an NFL DC since 2006....

That's not even average folks...

Now I fully understand there are a tons of factors that play in...But that's a pretty large sample...

I think the Jets have good talent on Defense...But it's not elite...At least not most of it...They did not finish in the top half of the NFL in any key statistical Defensive category in 2018...Not one...And Greggo's schemes can be had, it's up to Daboll and Josh to exploit it...

But it's not like they should be scared or anything...?

See my post up-thread about Gregg Williams' stats as a DC in the NFL.