Week One: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, NickelCity said:

Something about this defense is tough to gauge. For me at least. It never seems to look as good as it is, statistically.

That's because we lost 10 games last year; when you lose 2/3rds of the season you tend to focus on the D and make the assumption.  also as @Stank_Nasty noted; throw in a couple of horrendous showings you really start to convince yourself. 

goes back to why we complain about the media bias; not watching the games, looking at the record and high level stats you could walk away with the notion but to those that watched the games, we had a poor showing on Offense and that can reflect on the D, especially if they are fighting O TO's and being on the field all day.

not that I want to do it but would love to see a D breakdown, game by game, quarter by quarter and how it relates to the score.  i bet we were quite stout in multiple/consecutive Q's in ALL games and most of the time in the 1st half.

Edited by Say When...

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No one on local media here in Cbus giving Bills a chance on Sunday. They are all surprised it’s only a 3 point spread. 

How sweet it would be to walk out of there with a 14+ point win. The Jets easily have as many if not more questions on both sides of the ball going in, as has been pointed out up thread. Why exactly are the mad scientist Gase and loose screw Greggo a magic elixir for them? I like our head to head matchups including coaching. 

Summary

The selected plays are deliberately up and down as the word that kept creeping into my head while watching Quinnen Williams was “inconsistent.” A generally solid burst off the line is met with flashes of athleticism and power. At other times, Williams is easily negated. Lack of refinement is evident all too frequently.

It’s a safe bet Adam Gase shares some of the sentiments above as Williams is listed as a depth player according to the Jets’ own chart. Preseason usage corroborates his back-up status.

That isn’t to say the Bills can afford to take Quinnen Williams lightly. The Jets rotated their line often, so Williams should see time on the field. Buffalo can negate him with a double team if they have the match-up at the ready. Even a chip to help should do the trick. The Bills will be wise to stay disciplined—with Williams being used to stunt around toward the middle often enough to be considered a trend.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

How sweet it would be to walk out of there with a 14+ point win. The Jets easily have as many if not more questions on both sides of the ball going in, as has been pointed out up thread. Why exactly are the mad scientist Gase and loose screw Greggo a magic elixir for them? I like our head to head matchups including coaching. 

they don’t really follow either team which was obvious from their lack of real knowledge about the matchup but based it mainly on a love of leveon bell and no belief in josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

they don’t really follow either team which was obvious from their lack of real knowledge about the matchup but based it mainly on a love of leveon bell and no belief in josh Allen.

They are too fixated on Baker to focus on anything else.  

They probably think we still got the wrong Josh 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

thought this was cool. did not see posted. JA, front and center.

We know this isn’t accurate to scale because he’s standing next to Kyler Murray, who should only come up to josh’s knees

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

if we "sell out" to stop the run like we did in the 2017 playoff game against Fournette and the Jaguars,  then I unleash Darnold.

I thought Bortles was the running back in that game!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

He didn't really get fooled. He just missed the tackle.

I think the reason he missed the tackle is that he stutter stepped, thinking the RB would go in a different direction.