The Bills need to keep Duke Williams

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

ALF-Wow.gif

College pedigree?

Zay Jones played at a D2 college.  Duke Williams played in the SEC at Auburn.

And being a 2nd round draft pick going in his 3rd season guarantees absolutely nothings.

Zay is the D1 all time catch leader... Not D2

7 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Sure buddy. And a big reason those receivers were bad was josh allen was bad. Same as the year before, when tyrod was bad. So i hope he is cut, just like Woods who wasn’t resigned, and we’ll see where he goes and what he does. 

Pointing out he was the top receiver, albeit on an overall bad unit, is not disingenuous. Unless you dont know what that word means....

Michael-Bluth-No.gif

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Zay is the D1 all time catch leader... Not D2

My bad.  Neglected to look up East Carolina.  It is, indeed, a D1 school.

11 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Since when is leading the CFL as a WR considered more of an accomplishment than starting for any NFL team, let alone catching 7 TDs with crap play from 4 different QBs. Ask any WR which he would rather be , I'm saying 100% are going to say they would've rather had Zay's year than Duke's year. Go look at the list for yearly CFL leaders in Receptions, Yards or TDs over the last 20+ years and you'll find no one who did anything in the NFL, in other words leading the CFL in receiving doesn't translate to being a starting WR in the NFL. The last guy who played in the CFL early in their careers and was good was Joe Horn in the mid 90s. Duke is a jump ball WR and really that's it. He's slow and can't get separation against 3rd & 4th string defenders, so from inside the 20s he's not much of a threat. Go back and look at the TD against Detroit, the guy was right with him, he just didn't have his head turned. If someone like Tre or Gillmore  were covering him does he still make the catch??? No, I don't think he does. Zay gets open all the time and with being the third WR it will be even better. I'll take the proven possession WR in this one. Just for the record I don't think Zay is great or anything, but he's a way better option than Duke unless you're in the Redzone.

Yhanks.  That makes some sense.  It may be that playing regularly he will be shut down by NFL corners.  (It doesn't mean much to say he would be shut down by Tre or Gilmore, because virtually every number 2 receiver in the league would be shut down by them.)

But I think you don't appreciate who Williams is.  He was five star recruit coming out of high school.  He competed well in the SEC before his career blew up.  He then turned over a new leaf and got serious about football.  He played in the CFL for two seasons, went for 700 yards the first season and over 1500 the second season.  In other words, once he figured it out, he blew up the league.  That is, his career has just taken off.  He isnt just some other CFL guy.  

I really don't know if Duke is better than Zay.  I think he may be better right now, but maybe not.  But I think Zay has had enough time to show us what his upside is, and I'm pretty sure Duke's upside is higher.  

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Michael-Bluth-No.gif

My bad.  Neglected to look up East Carolina.  It is, indeed, a D1 school.

I am pretty sure that if you compare their first two years, Zay has outperformed Woods. 

Edit: Turns out woods was way better his rookie year. Not so much his second year.

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands

9 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I  laughed at the bold. Also no one is saying Duke is more accomplished, he is however climbing the depth chart and out playing Zay. He has better hands which is obvious and he may or may not make the team over Zay.  IMO he absolutely should.

IMO, thank God you're not a GM!! If you look at Shaw's post, which is what I was responding to, he was talking about Duke's significant accomplishments over Zay's...No?? Outside of the two TD catches, what did Duke's other four catches net? Let's see Duke has 6/53/2. He's averaging 8.83 yards a catch against back ups and guys who won't be playing in the NFL in a week. Unless you're going to catch a 100 balls a year, like Landry, that average isn't going to cut it in the NFL as a WR. Last game he averaged 5 yards a catch lol. Zay has 5/77/0. Like I said outside of the Redzone, Duke has done nothing against terrible competition, Zay was doing it last year against every team's #1 or #2CBs. Zay is far, far more proven. 

6 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Yhanks.  That makes some sense.  It may be that playing regularly he will be shut down by NFL corners.  (It doesn't mean much to say he would be shut down by Tre or Gilmore, because virtually every number 2 receiver in the league would be shut down by them.)

But I think you don't appreciate who Williams is.  He was five star recruit coming out of high school.  He competed well in the SEC before his career blew up.  He then turned over a new leaf and got serious about football.  He played in the CFL for two seasons, went for 700 yards the first season and over 1500 the second season.  In other words, once he figured it out, he blew up the league.  That is, his career has just taken off.  He isnt just some other CFL guy.  

I really don't know if Duke is better than Zay.  I think he may be better right now, but maybe not.  But I think Zay has had enough time to show us what his upside is, and I'm pretty sure Duke's upside is higher.  

I get what you're saying about Duke's improvement, but he doesn't get separation against far lesser talent than what he would see on Sundays in the regular season. Some of the CFL's leading receivers were over 1,700...1,800..1,900 and even 2,000 yards(Multiple times) and still didn't play much, if any, in the NFL. Duke will never be anything more than a Redzone WR in the NFL, if he even makes it. He'd be better off putting on 20-25 pounds and playing TE, where his lack of speed wouldn't be so obvious.  JMO.

6 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

IMO, thank God you're not a GM!! If you look at Shaw's post, which is what I was responding to, he was talking about Duke's significant accomplishments over Zay's...No?? Outside of the two TD catches, what did Duke's other four catches net? Let's see Duke has 6/53/2. He's averaging 8.83 yards a catch against back ups and guys who won't be playing in the NFL in a week. Unless you're going to catch a 100 balls a year, like Landry, that average isn't going to cut it in the NFL as a WR. Last game he averaged 5 yards a catch lol. Zay has 5/77/0. Like I said outside of the Redzone, Duke has done nothing against terrible competition, Zay was doing it last year against every team's #1 or #2CBs. Zay is far, far more proven. 

IMO thank god you're not either buddy. If I were I think I'd do alot better than you.  And again lol at the bold. No the hell he didn't. I don't know what in the world you been watching lmao

1 minute ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

IMO thank god you're not either buddy. If I were I think I'd do alot better than you.  And again lol at the bold. No the hell he didn't. I don't know what in the world you been watching lmao

Who exactly was getting the other teams #1 & # 2 CBs last year then? Yeah, you'd make a great GM!!!??

9 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Lol he got shut down against most of teams top corners last season. If he done it EVERYTIME as you say I guess he would have better stats and a lot less dropped balls.

4 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I get what you're saying about Duke's improvement, but he doesn't get separation against far lesser talent than what he would see on Sundays in the regular season. Some of the CFL's leading receivers were over 1,700...1,800..1,900 and even 2,000 yards(Multiple times) and still didn't play much, if any, in the NFL. Duke will never be anything more than a Redzone WR in the NFL, if he even makes it. He'd be better off putting on 20-25 pounds and playing TE, where his lack of speed wouldn't be so obvious.  JMO.

You may be right.  We will see, because he is going to play in the league.  

Just now, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Who exactly was getting the other teams #1 & # 2 CBs last year then? Yeah, you'd make a great GM!!!??

I know I would,thanks. You making it sound like Zay beat every teams top corner when that is absolutely laughable.

4 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I know I would,thanks. You making it sound like Zay beat every teams top corner when that is absolutely laughable.

What did I say that made it sound like Zay beat every team's top corner?? I said what he did, he did AGAINST other team's #1 or #2 CB, week in and week out. Who has Duke done it against in the pros??? A bunch of nobodies. One has a proven track record against the best players in the world and the other couldn't even catch on with an NFL team last year.

3 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

What did I say that made it sound like Zay beat every team's top corner?? I said what he did, he did AGAINST other team's #1 or #2 CB, week in and week out. Who has Duke done it against in the pros??? A bunch of nobodies. One has a proven track record against the best players in the world and the other couldn't even catch on with an NFL team last year.

Zay has played against #1-3 corners week in week out.  Many of those weeks, he sucked.  A few of those weeks he was good.  He played the majority of the snaps on offense because we had the worst wr unit in football 2 years running.  Of course he’s going to get stats.   You’d get stats if you played that many snaps.

Zay has done more in the nfl than duke.  He’s also done more in the nfl than Ed Oliver.  That doesn’t mean he’s better.  It’s because one hasn’t played yet 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I also noticed in the last game at the beginning of the game Detroit matched up Darius Slay with Zay Jones which shows that they viewed him as he primary receiving threat.

14 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Um k, well we will see soon enough if Duke makes the team. You may say Duke has played against a bunch of "nobodies" and think he hasn't done much, but clearly the coaches think different as he has climbed up the chart. So he clearly is impressing somebody.

So I'll go with what I see and what the coaches are doing thus far than to takes any word of someone talking up Zay Jones lol

33 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Um k, well we will see soon enough if Duke makes the team. You may say Duke has played against a bunch of "nobodies" and think he hasn't done much, but clearly the coaches think different as he has climbed up the chart. So he clearly is impressing somebody.

So I'll go with what I see and what the coaches are doing thus far than to takes any word of someone talking up Zay Jones lol

Yup 8.83 yards a catch against back ups & camp bodies!!! Whew, look out!!!