The Bills need to keep Duke Williams

Just now, Shaw66 said:

Those draft comparisons are deadly.  I hate them.

As nice saidnoften, I think Zay's problem is that there isn't anything he is especially good at.  He's a good receiver but great at nothing.  

I think he has issues upstairs still.

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Duke Williams needs Coaching. NFL is a different game. Can Bills get him up to a higher level than he has previously performed ?

His first stint was surely not enough.

Maybe the Man has turned himself around.

I for one hope he becomes and asset and Bills/Josh can make good use of him.

i might suggest he could be a very dependable go to in situational football.

Agreed, I hope he can continue what he has been doing so far and I for one am hopeful that he makes the 53

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

I think he has issues upstairs still.

Maybe.  It took Duke years and a lot of failure before he got himself turned around.  I've always thought he chose Buffalo because he knew that McDermott preached exactly the stuff the Duke has learned to become a competitor.  They're made for each other.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Every depth chart I look at, they have Zay on the first team and Duke on the fourth team. Your only argument is how he's impressing the coaches so much lol!!! The coaches are so impressed he's 4th string? Come on, get out of here with your nonsense.????

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/depth-chart

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/buf

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/BUF

https://www.lineups.com/nfl/depth-charts/buffalo-bills

Internal website depth chart?  The same website which is contracted out and published wrong score for a game once.

External website depth chart? Do these sites have any input into it?

5 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

You seem really upset that Duke may make this team.it tears you up inside doesn't it? Yeah you need hugs.

You started quoting me with I laugh at the bolded & no one is saying Duke is more accomplished when I quoted someone who indeed did say Duke had greater accomplishments. You can't even read correctly. I don't care if Duke makes the team or not, he's not going to have much of an impact this year either way. Once again you have produced nothing of substance in this conversation except to "try" and make fun of me. I laugh at your whole way of thinking, you bring nothing to the conversation. 

33 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Considering that there wasn’t much in the way of choices for our QB to throw to last season explains his catch increase. Then Look at all the passes Jones dropped(*).   Confidence in Jones is waining, hence his up tick in special teams reps. Good WR gotta catch YAC, and block, bubble WR  gotta do special teams. 

(*) see the five minutes of drops video on YouTube.

Go Bills!!!

The actual numbers were only brought up because the point was previously made that Jones showed only incremental improvement.  If Jones doesnt have a better year or significantly more efficient Im good with moving on.  The bottom of the roster Wrs will not be expected to produce even the numbers Zay did last year if they make the team.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Duke Williams

The clear winner from Friday night and the seemingly clear sixth WR right now (or fifth?) is Williams, who outmuscled a Lions defender for a touchdown catch on Friday night. Not only that, he played 37 snaps, the most on the team, and played with all three QBs. That’s right, he received first-team reps in ed zone work with Josh Allen. (Sorry, Robert Foster.) He caught all three targets, is a willing blocker, and hasn’t fumbled yet. I was the first to tamp down the love for Williams when he was signed from the CFL saying it was going to be a long road but he’s steadily navigated that lane to get into this position.

He was moved up the chart and got some1st team reps, that what I meant by moving up the chart means ,not some ESPN depth chart list lol, again clueless to the situation.

How about the team's own website? Pretty sure they have inside information. Man you're the one who's clueless.

3 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Maybe.  It took Duke years and a lot of failure before he got himself turned around.  I've always thought he chose Buffalo because he knew that McDermott preached exactly the stuff the Duke has learned to become a competitor.  They're made for each other.  

I agree.

Duke turned his head around in the CFL. McBeanes is giving him that chance he desires.
no doubt he will be giving 110%
is that enough ?

i i can only hope so. love guys who buy in and dig in their heels playing for Buffalo.

6 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

You started quoting me with I laugh at the bolded & no one is saying Duke is more accomplished when I quoted someone who indeed did say Duke had greater accomplishments. You can't even read correctly. I don't care if Duke makes the team or not, he's not going to have much of an impact this year either way. Once again you have produced nothing of substance in this conversation except to "try" and make fun of me. I laugh at your whole way of thinking, you bring nothing to the conversation. 

I can't speak for Shaw but don't think he meant that the way you think, secondly, it seems like you do care, you're the one saying he has done nothing. 3rd , you don't know what kind of impact he will have. That's something that we will have to find out.

5 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

How about the team's own website? Pretty sure they have inside information. Man you're the one who's clueless.

Lol, they moved him up to get some reps with the 1's.  That clearly means they moved him up and the coaches have liked what they have seen so far. No I'm pretty sure it's just you that's clueless.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

54 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I can't speak for Shaw but don't think he meant that the way you think, secondly, it seems like you do care, you're the one saying he has done nothing. 3rd , you don't know what kind of impact he will have. That's something that we will have to find out.

Lol, they moved him up to get some reps with the 1's.  That clearly means they moved him up and the coaches have liked what they have seen so far. No I'm pretty sure it's just you that's clueless.

Read it again. And how many catches did he have while Josh was in, which was the whole first half? Zero, Josh never attempted a pass to him. Which means he was shutout by the first defense. He didn't do a thing until the 2nd and 3rd team came in....right on cue. You've got to be a troll, there's no other explanation. I'm done with your nonsense.

1 hour ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Read it again. And how many catches did he have while Josh was in, which was the whole first half? Zero, Josh never attempted a pass to him. Which means he was shutout by the first defense. He didn't do a thing until the 2nd and 3rd team came in....right on cue. You've got to be a troll, there's no other explanation. I'm done with your nonsense.

Yeah whatever lady. You think Duke has done nothing and I think he has showed something.  Cool we disagree, leave it at that.

6 hours ago, JPP said:

If we dont keep Duke (which would be a very very bad decision)....Im calling it here....Bellichek will pick him up.....

If I understand roster cuts correctly, players clear waivers in the same order as the draft, so Bellichick*, and the Pats* wouldn't be able to claim him until all the other teams have passed on him, which I doubt would happen.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Every depth chart I look at, they have Zay on the first team and Duke on the fourth team. Your only argument is how he's impressing the coaches so much lol!!! The coaches are so impressed he's 4th string? Come on, get out of here with your nonsense.????

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/depth-chart

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/buf

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/BUF

https://www.lineups.com/nfl/depth-charts/buffalo-bills

The offical depth chart is obviously fake news.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The offical depth chart is obviously fake news.

So what's it called when a supposed "camp body"  starts getting reps with 3s and 2s, and then he does pretty decent so they decide to give him a few 1st team snaps? Is that not called rising up the chart?

The listed chart is just that, what's listed. Could have been what they have had listed from day 1. I go by what the coaches have done and what(from what I've read) that they have liked what they have seen from Duke so they decided to give him a few snaps with the 1s. To me, that's rising up the depth chart.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

So what's it called when a supposed "camp body"  starts getting reps with 3s and 2s, and then he does pretty decent so they decide to give him a few 1st team snaps? Is that not called rising up the chart?

The listed chart is just that, what's listed. Could have been what they have had listed from day 1. I go by what the coaches have done and what(from what I've read) that they have liked what they have seen from Duke so they decided to give him a few snaps with the 1s. To me, that's rising up the depth chart.

Hey it’d be cool if he end up being good, but I’m not sure he is athletic enough to be a nfl wr. 

• Like (+1) 1