Name 5 teams better then the Buffalo Bills

HOUSE

5 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I was looking at teams around the NFL, can you name 5 NFL teams  CLEARLY better then the Buffalo Bills. If the Buffalo Bills played the below teams twice ( home & away) the Bills would lose both. Maybe I am a BIG HOMER but I can't come up with 5.

Go for it......the Patriots, Steelers and Browns are not on my list

Image result for Buffalo Bills team picture

Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens
Carolina Panthers
Chicago Bears
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Dallas Cowboys
Denver Broncos
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Kansas City Chiefs
Los Angeles Chargers
Los Angeles Rams
Miami Dolphins
Minnesota Vikings
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
New York Giants
New York Jets
Oakland Raiders
Philadelphia Eagles
Pittsburgh Steelers
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tennessee Titans
Washington Redskins

I love your optimism, considering they haven't even finished the preseason and you clearly have no clue about the other teams in the NFL.  Look at the QB's on all 31 of the other teams.  I compare them to what Allen was last year.  That is a good gauge.  That being said, here is the list I have:  

Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
Chicago Bears
Cleveland Browns
Dallas Cowboys
Detroit Lions (push)
Green Bay Packers
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Kansas City Chiefs
Los Angeles Chargers
Los Angeles Rams
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
New York Jets (push)
Philadelphia Eagles
Pittsburgh Steelers
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks

27 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I love your optimism, considering they haven't even finished the preseason and you clearly have no clue about the other teams in the NFL.  Look at the QB's on all 31 of the other teams.  I compare them to what Allen was last year.  That is a good gauge.  That being said, here is the list I have:  

Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
Chicago Bears
Cleveland Browns
Dallas Cowboys
Detroit Lions (push)
Green Bay Packers
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Kansas City Chiefs
Los Angeles Chargers
Los Angeles Rams
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
New York Jets (push)
Philadelphia Eagles

San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks

You must be kidding with the bolded.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BillsDude said:

Take off the middle 3 and we got a deal.

I'm taking off the Eagles too.  Who knows what Wentz is going to do.  He didn't look that great last season.

And what is with all this Steelers love?  Not seeing it.

I got:

Rams

Chiefs

Saints

Chargers (w/ Gordon)

Pats (until Brady proves otherwise they belong here)

That's about it.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I'm not.  It is questionable I suppose with Jimmy G.  but yes, I think Cam, Baker, et. al are better QB's right now, than Allen

QB is clearly important. But you really just ranked teams according to whether they had a better QB.  That is obviously wrong, as illustrated by your inclusion of the Lions, Jets, etc. 

3 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I'm not.  It is questionable I suppose with Jimmy G.  but yes, I think Cam, Baker, et. al are better QB's right now, than Allen

:lol:

So strictly on QBs then?

Because Carolina's a terrible team outside of Cam. Browns are MASSIVELY over-rated. Watson will likely die this year in Houston,  DETROIT? Come on, let's get serious here. And lastly, and most infamously....the Jets. The Jets whose back 7 on defense may be the worst in the league now that their best LB is out?

Can't take any of those choices too seriously.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

:lol:

So strictly on QBs then?

Because Carolina's a terrible team outside of Cam. Browns are MASSIVELY over-rated. Watson will likely die this year in Houston,  DETROIT? Come on, let's get serious here. And lastly, and most infamously....the Jets. The Jets whose back 7 on defense may be the worst in the league now that their best LB is out?

Can't take any of those choices too seriously.

I'm talking about QB's, the most important position on the field.

6 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I was looking at teams around the NFL, can you name 5 NFL teams  CLEARLY better then the Buffalo Bills. If the Buffalo Bills played the below teams twice ( home & away) the Bills would lose both. Maybe I am a BIG HOMER but I can't come up with 5.

Go for it......the Patriots, Steelers and Browns are not on my list

I like the optimistic out look, but this feels to be a stretch.  While I feel Bills can and will surprise this year and be a double digit win team, we still have a lot to prove and a lot of new pieces that need to A) Be healthy and B) Gel on the field...to go along with Allens development (which I am confident in).  

On paper going into the season...some teams I think will be tough teams this year are as follows in no particular order:

• Chiefs - Potent offense and looks to have on paper an improved defense.
  • Pats - Still there until proven otherwise.  Offense could be quite good this year.
  • Broncos - People are over looking this team, but the defense is already very good and could be better and they have a great run game allowing Flacco to manage the offense more than carry it.  
  • Bears - A team on the rise, and already fielding the best defense in the league (last year).  Robinson is a year further removed from the injury and Trubisky had a strong 2nd season to go with a new shiny RB in Montgomery to go along with Cohen.
  • Steelers - Defense is better, Conner is good and their WR's are still strong.  
  • Browns - Ascending team, and on paper, should be quite good.  
  • Eagles - This team will go as far as Wentz can go, if he stays healthy they should be pretty good...IF.
  • Rams - Still a major SB contender, and probably the favorite in the NFC.  
  • Saints - If Brees doesnt slip, should be a lock for playoffs.
  • Chargers - Will be a double digit win team and should compete for divisional title in toughest division in the NFL this year
  • Ravens - Strong team in my book still and reports are Lamar looks like a much better passer already.
  • Texans - Strong contender for the playoffs and could be dangerous if everyone can stay healthy.

You also have some wildcard teams that could be strong too like Panthers with a healthy Cam, Packers with a rebuilt defense, Falcons, and Seahawks.  

I am not saying all of those teams will for sure be great...but given the depth of the NFL this year, I can not in any way say the Bills are in the top 5, let alone top 10 right now.  I am very optimistic about them this year and I think we are going to win 10 to 11 games.  But thats also rooted in belief and optimism rather than on field evidence.  Bills absolutely could prove to be a top 5 team this year, but today I just cant put them in the top 5 with a straight face until they show it on the field.

Truth is, I believe we WILL win the Jets game, but in reality I would say its probably a 50/50 call right now on who should even be the favorite.  They seem to be an ascending team too and Darnold has also had a strong camp and preseason.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Patriots, Rams, Chiefs, Steelers, Cowboys, Texans, Chargers, Saints, Eagles. 

We we are getting closer, but we’re not quite there boys. 

I’d pull the Steelers off the better list and add the Browns. We are in a similar place to them but their high end talent is more proven and better than ours (Baker, OBJ, Garrett, Etc...). The Colts, Jags, Steelers, Jets and Vikings can all be considered as well. Each of them has some question marks but those teams could all win 11 games if things went right. I think that I agree with the rest of your list.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

6 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

QB is clearly important. But you really just ranked teams according to whether they had a better QB.  That is obviously wrong, as illustrated by your inclusion of the Lions, Jets, etc. 

Do you really think that the Jets and Bills are that far apart?  You could argue that Darnold is a better QB than Allen.

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

Do you really think that the Jets and Bills are that far apart?  You could argue that Darnold is a better QB than Allen.

I'll give you the push on offense. But the defenses are miles apart. 

I realize QB is important, but you are literally looking at nothing else.  QBs aren't THAT important. 

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Then you're off topic.

Read the title, and rethink.

My point is that you can gauge how good a team is based on the QB they have.  Gauge it, not necessarily define it.  

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

QBs aren't THAT important. 

I strongly disagree.  We can agree to disagree