colts

chiefs

rams

vikes

pats

saints

eagles

hawks

Baker played better than Allen. I have the browns as a push, a slight push with them being better that the Bills.

Dear Bills,

I hope you go out and prove me wrong.

Edited by Dopey

28 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

KC

NE

Dallas

LA

LA

Saints

Colts

Eagles

Vikings

Those are the teams I think are most likely to have better records by the end of the year

teams likely on par with Buffalo-

Falcons

Browns

Ravens

Panthers

Bears

Texans

Titans

Seahawks

Packers

Steelers

Raiders 

Lions 

Jags

Teams they are almost definitely better than-

Fins

Jets

Bengals

Cards

Niners

Redskins

Giants

Bucs

Broncos

This was a 6 win team last year, while they definitely have the potential to surprise a lot of people, it’s an up hill battle still for sure... people are getting carried away with their expectations because there has been progress with the process, but’s it’s still mid-process.

Theres no reason to think the Bills are almost definitely better than the Jets.

That’s why I’m so excited for week one. Is Q Williams better than Oliver? Is Darnold better than Allen? Will Edmunds take the next step? Does that mean he’s better than Mosley? Which o line will be better? Will Morse play? Which wr corps is better?

A lot of parallels and new players on both sides 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So what happens when you split?  Looking at the list I counted at least 18 teams that doubt the Bills would beat home and away, more likely could see a split.   Who then is better? Next you need to look at top to bottom talent and think there are more than 5 with better overall talent or a wild card like an Aaron Rogers or Brady that maybe Bills overall have more talent, but the wild card evens things out.

so overall I'd say maybe around 10 are clearly better and then the Bills are somewhere in the mix of the next ten.  By around December we'll know if they are near the top of that group, and maybe  even leap frogging some currency in the top 10, but some of the others in that middle 10 could also improve even more.

1 hour ago, Chemical said:

That’s why I’m so excited for week one. Is Q Williams better than Oliver? Is Darnold better than Allen? Will Edmunds take the next step? Does that mean he’s better than Mosley? Which o line will be better? Will Morse play? Which wr corps is better?

Yep. It's naturally gonna be a hyped game being the opener, but it's especially interesting. It's going to be a terrific barometer of where this team/QB/HC are really at. This one is definitely more critical than your average opener.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Chargers (not without James Bosa and Gordan)

Chiefs (Interesting to see if they fall back on O)

Steelers (If Ben gets hurt...toast)

Patriots (If old man Tom gets hurt they stink)

Colts (If Luck is out no way)

Saints at the dome only

Rams (Not the same team without elite Gurley)

Vikings (If Cousins plays well)

These teams I feel I can say with near 100 percent confidence are better than us.  That's it.  

But notice their caveats.  I think those are the elite but they are a bad break from being bad teams.  I like our chances if we had to turn to Barkley.  No not that we'll win the SB but I still think we can be competitive.

I'm not saying we're as good as them or better than 2/3 of the league.  I just think if we stay healthy we have just as good a shot as any team to win the WHOLE THING.

Obviously....I'm expecting several guys on this team to make huge leaps this season in order for me to be in this place of optimism.

Let's freaking go!!!!!!!!!!

I would just add the Eagles to this list...the rest is spot on IMO....

Edited by Iron Maiden

4 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I am always here to help

I forget a few when I try to list them

6 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Well, with that logic if you look at the Bills history you could say that we are not better than 25 of the teams!  The Steelers would not beat us with a home/home schedule twice with the current rosters.  In the last 2 years they've lost the best RB in the league, the best WR in the league and one of the best MLB in the league while the Rapist gets another year older.

didn’t mean for you to have a hairy spaz there

you need to calm down, you might regret it if you don’t 

A team that has barely a handful of losing seasons since 1972 is a good organization, it’s okay to acknowledge this....

4 hours ago, Chemical said:

I agree, atleast on the offensive side, there are many parallels. On Defense I just have Buffalo on a different level that the Jets.  

Aside from giving Buffalo the edge defensively,  I also think Gase was a poor hire and a bad head coach, where as I see McDermott as above average and has the team on the right trajectory.

18 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I was looking at teams around the NFL, can you name 5 NFL teams  CLEARLY better then the Buffalo Bills. If the Buffalo Bills played the below teams twice ( home & away) the Bills would lose both. Maybe I am a BIG HOMER but I can't come up with 5.

Go for it......the Patriots, Steelers and Browns are not on my list

Image result for Buffalo Bills team picture

Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens
Carolina Panthers
Chicago Bears
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Dallas Cowboys
Denver Broncos
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Kansas City Chiefs
Los Angeles Chargers
Los Angeles Rams
Miami Dolphins
Minnesota Vikings
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
New York Giants
New York Jets
Oakland Raiders
Philadelphia Eagles
Pittsburgh Steelers
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tennessee Titans
Washington Redskins

there are very few good teams in the league...patriots,rams,chiefs. there are other teams better than buff but not by any significant clear margin.its a mediocre league.the QBing is mediocre exc for 4 old guys who should be in the senior leagues + mahomes and possibly mayfield

Only 5? I'd put about 15-20 ahead of us easily. Homers (not using the term as an insult) will usually get themselves hyped like this the closer we get to regular season kicking off, typically making progressively more & more grandiose statements, predictions and expectations.

Year after year, reality again sets in, and the tidal wave of 10-12 win season predictions begin to look ridiculous. Until they actually do something in meaningful game conditions, I'm going off of what I saw them do last year combined with moderate expectations for each of the new additions to the team.

If the new players can stay on the field, they will at least bump the team up enough to help us get to a respectable 8-8 season. 9-7 would be a huge success, playoffs or not. But I think 8-8 would show solid improvement, probably limited by a young QB. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, row_33 said:

I forget a few when I try to list them

didn’t mean for you to have a hairy spaz there

you need to calm down, you might regret it if you don’t 

A team that has barely a handful of losing seasons since 1972 is a good organization, it’s okay to acknowledge this....

Oh, so you're the type of person who makes a terrible point, realizes they are a wrong, and then tells a perfectly calm person to "calm down" in order to rile them up instead of just admitting it.  Duly noted, cool.  Steelers didn't even make the playoffs last year buddy.  And that was with AB putting up 105 receptions and 15 TDs. 

Calmer than you are dude.

Edited by Mark80