Bills TC Day 15 (8/14) Joint Practice #2 with Panthers

YoloinOhio

Rivera praising Bob Babich and Edmunds - (Edmunds quote we’re already posted, so I’ll just post this part -) 

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/tremaine-edmunds-made-quite-impression-panthers-coach-ron-rivera

“I think he’s got a really good position coach in Bob Babich, Sr.,” Rivera said of the Bills linebackers’ coach.  “I was with Bob when we were in Chicago and we had Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs, and Bob told me, ‘this guy is a combination of both of them,’ and that’s kind of cool to hear.”

I have heard/read numerous times that Bob Babich Sr. is one of the most respected LB coaches in the NFL. Heard he’s supposed to be one of the best, too. 

McDermott has really done a good job IMO of putting together a top notch staff. 

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Rivera praising Bob Babich and Edmunds - (Edmunds quote we’re already posted, so I’ll just post this part -) 

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/tremaine-edmunds-made-quite-impression-panthers-coach-ron-rivera

I have heard/read numerous times that Bob Babich Sr. is one of the most respected LB coaches in the NFL. Heard he’s supposed to be one of the best, too. 

Many here post what a bad job he has done with the staff.  McD was a brand new HC and has "churned" the bad coaches for better

pretty quickly to get to the point they are at now.  I think he has done well.

Now if he can only find a guy who can watch replays and tell him when and when not to throw the red flag............we're set!

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Phenomenal job putting this staff together.

Also a phenomenal job by the F.O at adding blue Chip impact players . Edmunds , Milano , Hyde/Poyer combo , Oliver , Allen then you got guys like  Foster, Levi,Taron Johnson etc etc for anybody I'm missing.  

Bottom line , I remember from day 1 Beane said something that stuck with a me now 3 years later , that he's building this team to sustain success for years and we certainly have the makeup of a team that's gonna have a great core for years to come. 

I said this many times - we struck gold with McD/Beane..  I believe this is year 1 of many successful years 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, elroy16 said:

Eh, who cares. It came off as a weak, lowbrow attempt at humor.

If Sal or another respectable Buffalo media member wrote that about another fan base, I'd be pretty disappointed. 

I honestly was trying to understand what made the Panthers so relevant, and being a fan of said team?

It would help my argument if I did not feel like McBeane pays homage to that org. That being said, they have had some success against NE where others have not so perhaps there is a blue print that McDermott and Beane feel they can follow that will finally give us the edge we need to get over those AFC East #### blockers. 

It was petty commentary, and probably just butt sore that more Bills fans turned out than wanna-be Panther fans.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, akm0404 said:

I mean, there isn't really anything inaccurate about this.  If you pick your favorite team based on franchise success or superstar players, you'd certainly look the other way.  For an expansion team with no legacy in an area with a huge amount of transplanted residents, the entire concept of being a Bills fan would be completely alien.

It is because this is EVERY fan base at one time or another. It is a lazy shot at Buffalo (any team for matter).

Far too often over the years the middle of the field is abused by other teams because the linebackers and safeties do not cover well. Between Hyde, Poyer, Edmunds, and Milano, it looks like this team might have this issue covered.

Edited by elroy16
  • Like (+1) 1