Good Night / Bad Night - Pre-Season Game 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

So basically dropped balls over the middle are acceptable because you can get hit.

Deepened on where the ball is placed. Not all dropped balls are on the WR. The QB has a duty to protect the WR and give him angles into space.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

The ball in that situation has to lead the WR into the endzone. Not out in front of him. He stacked the CB and was open. Wide open.

Last thing I'll say on this: pause the video at the moment the ball hits Zay's hands (basically right in front of his face mask)...you're telling me that you wanted Allen to lead him further upfield--INTO the defender that nearly took his head off?

You're reaching really, really far to paint this as a bad throw...and man-to-man, it's making you look a bit silly (which is unusual for you).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Not true at all. The safety has the angle because of where the ball is placed. Zay stacked his corner. The ball should take him upfield into the end zone.

I mean, look at the still frame.  The safety is not even in the shot.  The ball is right on Zay's facemask.

He slows down once he bobbles it.  If he doesn't, it's a clean touchdown.  This is such common sense.

Deepened on where the ball is placed. Not all dropped balls are on the WR. The QB has a duty to protect the WR and give him angles into space.

I just want to hear you say it.

The dropped ball yesterday was more on Allen than Zay.  I want to hear it.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Last thing I'll say on this: pause the video at the moment the ball hits Zay's hands (basically right in front of his face mask)...you're telling me that you wanted Allen to lead him further upfield--INTO the defender that nearly took his head off?

You're reaching really, really far to paint this as a bad throw...and man-to-man, it's making you look a bit silly (which is unusual for you).

I keep bringing this up and he's just being ignorant to this.  Ignorant on purpose I hope.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Pause life before you make the wrong career choice. Zay stacked the CB and was wide open. The safety was able to get to the play because of there the ball was placed. QBs make this throw easy.

• Haha (+1) 1

How are we having an actual debate about Josh Allen making a good throw to Zay Jones, that would’ve been a TD OR 1st and Goal at the 1, that ends with any conclusion other than Zay Jones dropped it. 

This is some Mugatu type ish.. “I feel like I’m taking crazy pills”. 

Edited by SCBills

1 hour ago, AllenLongBall said:

But it was not in stride...

Yes it was, it hit his hands while in full stride! are you needing glasses ?  Do you need assistance with depth perception?  Give it a rest, you are wrong. Now go have a beer ? and collect your thoughts a bit. 

Go Bills!!!

32 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I cannot believe people are actually trying to put that throw to jones on allen in the least..... its frightening to me that there are people like that on this planet.

This has happened to whoever the QB is with every Jones drop his entire career. 

Pause life before you make the wrong career choice. Zay stacked the CB and was wide open. The safety was able to get to the play because of there the ball was placed. QBs make this throw easy.

You're simply incorrect on this, and you'd be really wise not to comment on career choices of other people--in this instance, it could end up making you look even sillier than you already do.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I mean, look at the still frame.  The safety is not even in the shot.  The ball is right on Zay's facemask.

He slows down once he bobbles it.  If he doesn't, it's a clean touchdown.  This is such common sense.

I just want to hear you say it.

The dropped ball yesterday was more on Allen than Zay.  I want to hear it.

I keep bringing this up and he's just being ignorant to this.  Ignorant on purpose I hope.

Again I like Allen but I won't defend him just because. He has to actually do the things that QB's do. He made some nice throws and he made some awful throws. He also led Cole Beasley into traffic several time. Beasley won't last the season if he has to chase balls into the defenders.

The safety was able to make the play because Allen hit him between the eyes....

HOLY, HOLY, HOLY ****

Just now, CuddyDark said:

Again I like Allen but I won't defend him just because. He has to actually do the things that QB's do. He made some nice throws and he made some awful throws. He also led Cole Beasley into traffic several time. Beasley won't last the season if he has to chase balls into the defenders.

You sound like you're drunk.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

The safety was able to make the play because Allen hit him between the eyes....

HOLY, HOLY, HOLY ****

Clearly you are in the wrong career :lol:

So is Mort for that matter--and pretty much everyone else that's seen that play.

Edited by thebandit27

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

You're simply incorrect on this, and you'd be really wise not to comment on career choices of other people--in this instance, it could end up making you look even sillier than you already do.

Don't take everything so personal. Did I say for your career? In general if we could pause anything in life we'd see how to get the perfect answer.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Mind-boggling, no?

A pass that hits a receiver in stride in his hands is inaccurate.

All you have to do is throw around a bit of football lingo like "stacks the corner" and your stance carries more weight.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Mind-boggling, no?

A pass that hits a receiver in stride in his hands is inaccurate.

Didn't hit him in stride. He had to turn his body sideways and reach for the ball. If it was in stride it would have hit him in the right shoulder and he would have walked in to the endzone.

Don't take everything so personal. Did I say for your career? In general if we could pause anything in life we'd see how to get the perfect answer.

Nice cop out.  We're talking about a video, not a life choice here.

You can pause a video; it's easy.  It will also tell you what you're missing.  I'm honestly not sure if you're even being serious at this point.

9 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Ball was right in his hands and should have been caught

2 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

When did he lead Beasley into traffic?  I saw two completions to Beasley both of which hit him dead center.  On one Beasley was able to turn up field for an extra 5 yards.  I don't think he targeted him any other times?