Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hapless Bills Fan

New Era "Return of the Blue and Red" Practice 8/2 night

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

It wasn't a great free agent class but it rarely is.    Also 2 of the 4 best WR in football were traded though so they can't say it wasn't a year where elite ones simply weren't available.    It's just that when you push all your eggs into the "we'll fix that then" basket then you run that risk of having an offseason that doesn't matchup perfectly.

 

Agree on Beasley.   He's been pretty underwhelming player in his career and he played with a dink and dunk QB in Dak and still didn't really achieve much.

 

As for DK I don't expect him to become a great WR but he has a special skillset that fit Allen's current state perfectly.    Big arm, inaccurate, needs to make big plays to be effective offensively QB..........and having a potentially unique field stretching threat would open up the short to intermediate stuff where he could afford to be less accurate.  Foster and Brown are deep threats but Metcalf is a massive target.    It's not just the short to intermediate throws that Allen is not pin-point on.

 

Metcalf is a massive target.... but he doesn't catch a lot that isn't on him. His lack of agility and adjustment is one of the reasons he wasn't a 1st rounder. Which I said he wasn't the whole draft season. To me early on he is a massive work in progress as a route runner, with limited college production and at the moment I think his usage is as a guy who mainly runs go routes. We have one of those already in Foster. 

 

Agree on Brown and OBJ. There were ways to get a guy. I was talking purely about their approach to FA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

Metcalf is a massive target.... but he doesn't catch a lot that isn't on him. His lack of agility and adjustment is one of the reasons he wasn't a 1st rounder. Which I said he wasn't the whole draft season. To me early on he is a massive work in progress as a route runner, with limited college production and at the moment I think his usage is as a guy who mainly runs go routes. We have one of those already in Foster. 

 

Agree on Brown and OBJ. There were ways to get a guy. I was talking purely about their approach to FA. 

 

 

I guess you gotta' define "on him"..........some of his best plays were extended armed grabs of vertical throws that were so far in front of him that they would easily fall incomplete to almost any other receiver on the planet.   He has those Moss/Plaxico proportions and excellent tracking ability.    Maybe that's all he has but that's A LOT when you have a young QB with the range that Allen has.    Apparently DK has excelled at just this when working with Russell Wilson in the offseason as well.    Young Big Ben and Eli were elevated by being able to  overthrow Plax.   He wasn't that good of a receiver otherwise so it tells you how much that one skill meant.    Daunte Culpepper once threw 39 TD passes in great part just due to tossing up deep balls to Moss and the room the threat of that created.   The biggest issue with DK IMO is staying healthy..........but that skillset he has is perfect for a guy like Josh Allen, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

I guess you gotta' define "on him"..........some of his best plays were extended armed grabs of vertical throws that were so far in front of him that they would easily fall incomplete to almost any other receiver on the planet.   He has those Moss/Plaxico proportions and excellent tracking ability.    Maybe that's all he has but that's A LOT when you have a young QB with the range that Allen has.    Apparently DK has excelled at just this when working with Russell Wilson in the offseason as well.    Young Big Ben and Eli were elevated by being able to  overthrow Plax.   He wasn't that good of a receiver otherwise so it tells you how much that one skill meant.    Daunte Culpepper once threw 39 TD passes in great part just due to tossing up deep balls to Moss and the room the threat of that created.   The biggest issue with DK IMO is staying healthy..........but that skillset he has is perfect for a guy like Josh Allen, IMO.

 

If you focused on actual Buffalo Bills as much as you focus on guys the Bills didn't draft/trade for/acquire via free agency, you'd be pretty knowledgeable about the Bills.

 

Instead, you spend your time obsessing over players who are NOT Buffalo Bills and dedicate your life to telling anyone who will listen that the Bills have horrible brass, coaching and players.

 

Talk about old and tired, oh untouchable one.  Yawn.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2019 at 12:14 PM, K-9 said:

Always loved this axiom.

Astro notes from today—He used it too, what are the odds?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Astro notes from today—He used it too, what are the odds?

I think he read your post.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...