Democrat Debates

If Biden were to become President, the most important people would be those  making decisions and forming opinions for him.  There's no way the old man, teetering on the brink of dementia/senility, could survive the first week on his own.  Given the shifting tides that seem to be reflected in most of the things he says and does, the DNC should quietly help him off the stage.  His wife seems hell-bent on being First Lady to the degree that she's willing to ignore his mental weaknesses.

Having watched the debate, and knowing Biden is going to win the nomination, I could not for the life of me figure out why Joe was making so many definitive ‘period!’ statements. He’s got this thing in the bag now. There’s no need to draw lines in the sand. Trump will use all of those ‘period’ statements against him in the campaign. Bernie can drop out now. He got Joe to move definitively to the Left. His work is done.

This thread has morphed, gone from changed into describing "critical thinking" as right wing ideology. Transplant disparages teaching critical thinking as just some republican plot to indoctrinate our children. Keep listening, eventually they'll tell you what they really think. 

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Having watched the debate, and knowing Biden is going to win the nomination, I could not for the life of me figure out why Joe was making so many definitive ‘period!’ statements. He’s got this thing in the bag now. There’s no need to draw lines in the sand. Trump will use all of those ‘period’ statements against him in the campaign. Bernie can drop out now. He got Joe to move definitively to the Left. His work is done.

Joe is like a sailor tacking into the wind, constantly changing directions. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yep.

I must be the one who's arrogant.

Oh wait... I'm not the one crowing about all the things I teach my students in the classroom (that I shouldn't be) or all the personal things you do for your kids that kinda make me have to ask you this follow up (but rhetorical, since we'd never get an honest answer in the negative, anyway) question:

How much further do you take things in their personal lives?

I love the insinuation but I realized last night I can put your mind at ease about what I am teaching- I do not tell them to like Trump or any single political theory- I bash all dishonest politicians which the vast majority. Lastly I am very proud of helping students in their lives both within and beyond the walls when I see them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Thanks for this link- I did not watch debate but have seen several exchanges through " the YouTube" and Twitter and in those short bits Biden was way worse than Bernie and I was confused how Biden won.

Biden Goes Extreme: Give Oil Industry ‘No Ability’ To ‘Continue To Drill’, Take ‘Millions’ Of Cars Off The Road

by Ryan Saavedra

Original Article

Old timers struggle to keep epidemics straight

by Paul Mirengoff

Original Article

Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders debated tonight on CNN. The opening topic was, of course, the Wuhan coronavirus

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Biden Goes Extreme: Give Oil Industry ‘No Ability’ To ‘Continue To Drill’, Take ‘Millions’ Of Cars Off The Road

by Ryan Saavedra

Original Article

by Paul Mirengoff

Original Article

Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders debated tonight on CNN. The opening topic was, of course, the Wuhan coronavirus

Comrade Joe?

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

xtXblPM.jpg

don't worry students, the Integral portion of the calculus course, the 2nd half of the year will be easy and you can just put your emotional feelings on paper as to the answer

Edited by row_33

4 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I love the insinuation but I realized last night I can put your mind at ease about what I am teaching- I do not tell them to like Trump or any single political theory- I bash all dishonest politicians which the vast majority. Lastly I am very proud of helping students in their lives both within and beyond the walls when I see them. 

I've always said I learned more about German history in high school than the language from my teacher. We would always try to get him off topic to hear his stories.

He was a pilot in WWII...for the Nazis. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

I've always said I learned more about German history in high school than the language from my teacher. We would always try to get him off topic to hear his stories.

He was a pilot in WWII...for the Nazis. 

But was he really a Nazi at heart?  Very doubtful for him to have come to the US and become a citizen if his background was against him.  I have heard his story before.  Cousins down in the Finger Lakes had a teacher who was in the Afrika Corp with Rommel.  Not a Nazi but just a young man that was a product of a poisonous political environment.  Not every last German military person was a Hitler fanatic.  One thing that a show like Hogan's Heroes got right was the meh (or worse) attitude that Luftwaffe officers had for the Nazi's.  

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

by Ryan Saavedra

Original Article

by Paul Mirengoff

Original Article

Anybody who watched the debate knew Biden was talking about banning fracking on federal lands.  Give me a break with this crap.

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

You really think Biden actually knew what he was talking about? Amazing

After watching Trump for four years it gets easier to interpret what he's talking about as his mind gets off track and then the other side misquoting him without context.

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The question and answer was meant as a distraction to grab the headline instead of covering the actual substance of the debate.  We're not talking about how Bernie pointed out how often Biden shifted his policy positions whichever way the wind blew over the years and how that's a terrible position to be in going against Trump.  Instead we're in some kind of reality show where Biden will give a rose to 10 different women over the next few months.

...PERFECT....the lust for power prevails, eff the country and promise whatever will sell to get that return to power......scary part is that the fickle segment of the electorate WILL take the bait.....

On 3/16/2020 at 11:26 AM, RochesterRob said:

But was he really a Nazi at heart?  Very doubtful for him to have come to the US and become a citizen if his background was against him.  I have heard his story before.  Cousins down in the Finger Lakes had a teacher who was in the Afrika Corp with Rommel.  Not a Nazi but just a young man that was a product of a poisonous political environment.  Not every last German military person was a Hitler fanatic.  One thing that a show like Hogan's Heroes got right was the meh (or worse) attitude that Luftwaffe officers had for the Nazi's.  

Sorry for the late response but I have been away from posting for a bit (I think some stuff is happening on TSW as  well ? ?)
He hated Hitler. He was taken from his family at a young age to be a member of the Hitler youth. Basically he said he had to go or his family disappears. He flew to Afrika often and we learned about the black market. There were a lot of Germans that hated Hitler. I took an older gentleman fishing that was smuggled out of the country in his youth as his dad was an officer that was involved in one of the plots to assassinate Hitler. His dad was executed. I hate it when today's youth compare Trump to Hitler and the border to concentration camps. There is no comparison with what went on in WW2.
Didn't mean to derail this post but I thought it somewhat narrow minded to suggest that a teacher should not interact with their students beyond the subject matter. And I did say interact, not dictate.

Edited by Uncle Joe