Democrat Debates

How Climate Could Tear the Democratic Party Apart

Politico, by Michael Grunwald

Original Article

Elissa Slotkin has learned that climate change is both a national emergency and a political opportunity. As an assistant secretary of defense under President Barack Obama, she helped lead the Pentagon’s first study of how climate change threatens U.S. military bases. Then as a Democratic candidate for Congress in 2018, she attacked her Republican opponent for questioning the scientific consensus on climate change—and that’s one reason she’s now a Democratic member of Congress

17 minutes ago, B-Man said:

YAY !

Impeachment Activist Tom Steyer Qualifies for October Democrat Debate

by Joel B. Pollak

Original Article

and by "qualified", they mean.....................................bought his way in ?

I don't know that there's any organization in the country less democratic than the Democratic Party.

• Like (+1) 4

....good Lord, how HARD and FAR we have fallen.......third rate cesspool of intolerance, hatred, vitriol, foment, violence because of differing opinions, etc.....and of course it is all on Trump....comical about through the years the battle cry was to elect a "Washington Outsider" to  clean up the Potomac graft, corruption, stench, and whatever adjective you want to add...so we FINALLY get one who is brash, irascible, condescending, arrogant, speaks what others wanted to say or do ,but didn't have to gonads to say, do so or stand up....I am not a fan of his past business practices, but turning the corrupt, manipulative, politically partisan environment (people's business my royal azz)on its long needed and ugly head is nothing like anything this in modern history....biggest problem is that there is a chlorine shortage for "The Swamp"......

14 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....good Lord, how HARD and FAR we have fallen.......third rate cesspool of intolerance, hatred, vitriol, foment, violence because of differing opinions, etc.....and of course it is all on Trump....comical about through the years the battle cry was to elect a "Washington Outsider" to  clean up the Potomac graft, corruption, stench, and whatever adjective you want to add...so we FINALLY get one who is brash, irascible, condescending, arrogant, speaks what others wanted to say or do ,but didn't have to gonads to say, do so or stand up....I am not a fan of his past business practices, but turning the corrupt, manipulative, politically partisan environment (people's business my royal azz)on its long needed and ugly head is nothing like anything this in modern history....biggest problem is that there is a chlorine shortage for "The Swamp"......

it's always been that way

read The Education of Henry Adams or anything H.L. Mencken gave us...

• Like (+1) 1

STEPHEN GREEN SUMS UP THE DEMOCRATS’ DEBATE: 

“This wasn’t a debate. It was an over-long display of huge egos touting small ideas to well-meaning (but sadly misinformed) kids and preening celebrity infotainment newsreaders. And yet, chances are a large number of American primary voters will make one of these jokers their nominee for the office of President of the United States.”

Plus: “Biggest Lie of the Night: ‘It was a great debate. I think we learned a lot tonight.’ -G. Stephanopoulos ............What a preening suck-up.”

• Like (+1) 2