Welcome to Buffalo, Maddy Glab!

17 minutes ago, 1997WS6 said:

Wow, I just read this thread and wish I hadn't.  I can't believe what jerks some of you are.  First, I want to say Maddy is a very good looking girl, but even if I thought she wasn't, I wouldn't say a thing.  I guarantee the "men" saying these things wouldn't be saying them if she were standing in front of them.  Why?  Because it's rude, and not true.  Thankfully, she's been told she's good looking her whole life and probably won't be too affected if she sees this thread, even still, I'm ashamed FOR you.

It is indeed shameful.

The trashy people do indeed stand out when given the opportunity, don’t they....

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

Lol.  I feel like I’m in the twilight zone.  I said I wish she was cuter.......and that makes me trashy?  Oh boy.  Oh no, I’m trashy because I typed “I wish she was cuter” on a message board that she can possibly read.  

Do you guys really think Maddy cares if a guy on a message board said “I wish she was cuter”?  That’s the real point here.  If she’d be sobbing all sad, than maybe I’d be a jerk, but she isn’t. No one would be......unless you count her parents, which seems to be my biggest crime in the world of trash.  So sensitive to the honest 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Lol.  I feel like I’m in the twilight zone.  I said I wish she was cuter.......and that makes me trashy?  Oh boy.  Oh no, I’m trashy because I typed “I wish she was cuter” on a message board that she can possibly read.  

Do you guys really think Maddy cares if a guy on a message board said “I wish she was cuter”?  That’s the real point here.  If she’d be sobbing all sad, than maybe I’d be a jerk, but she isn’t. No one would be......unless you count her parents, which seems to be my biggest crime in the world of trash.  So sensitive to the honest 

It has nothing to do with her job.  That’s why you look like a moron.

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, NewEra said:

What does it have to do with?  The fact that she can read this and be upset?

It has to do with the fact that people are judged on their performance and not their looks.  Maybe you should get into your WayBack machine and travel back a few decades.

24 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

It has to do with the fact that people are judged on their performance and not their looks.  Maybe you should get into your WayBack machine and travel back a few decades.

Ok.

i think it’s quite the opposite.  I think you should go into your wayback machine and travel back a few decades.  More and more, tv personalities are on the fast track due to their looks.  It’s always been that way to an extent, but more so in recent years imo.  

I didn’t say I wouldn’t watch her.  I didn’t say that she wasn’t good at her job.  I said “I wish she was cuter”. This negative indictment of my character based on one comment that I threw out on a whim is as ridiculous as I’ve seen on this board.  

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ok.

i think it’s quite the opposite.  I think you should go into your wayback machine and travel back a few decades.  More and more, tv personalities are on the fast track due to their looks.  It’s always been that way to an extent, but more so in recent years imo.  

I didn’t say I wouldn’t watch her.  I didn’t say that she wasn’t good at her job.  I said “I wish she was cuter”. This negative indictment of my character based on one comment that I threw out on a whim is as ridiculous as I’ve seen on this board.  

Then don’t throw sexist comments out on a whim.

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ok.

Beth Mowins. Care to explain?

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Then don’t throw sexist comments out on a whim.

So talking about someone’s attractiveness is sexist?

1 hour ago, CommonCents said:

Beth Mowins. Care to explain?

Of course there are exceptions. Like everything in life.  Common cents tells you that.  I shouldn’t have to.  

Are you guys really that out of touch?  You don’t think that looks ever play a part in hiring hosts for tv shows?  Please.  

I’m actually pretty impressed with the near universal rebuke that a few embarrassing members of the community are receiving. Perhaps only 5 years ago, the comments would have been very, very different. 

I makes me feel happy inside to know that the “lady isn’t hot enough for a sports talkin’ jerb”” Neanderthals are in their death throes, and much to their chagrin, will be all but eliminated in less than a generation’s time. 

Also A+ to jizz mopper guy. 

Let us continue to point and laugh at the zoo animals as they go kicking and screaming into the wrong side of history. 

Hurrah!

I like her. She’s sports knowledgeable and carries herself well live in front of a camera. The vid link above with Morse & Dawkins is a good example. They’re busy but respect she’s live and stop and answer her questions when she finished asking. Extraneous things going on with an interviewee disrupt continuity. She deftly worked around this and brought her next question. More challenging than you might expect. I follow her on Twitter because -unlike Dirty Ol’ B, I’m NOT normal.

She isn’t going away. She’s a competent Buffalo Sports reporter. Get over yourselves. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:05 AM, Cripple Creek said:

Wow, I guess I .look really stupid for my earlier post. My apologies.  I know that I'm the smartest man in the room, but even I am proved wrong on rare occasions I'm big enough to admit it.  If I were a small man I'd say something like "Doesn't that feel better?" as a way of deflecting from the fact that I said something really stupid up thread and then doubled down by challenging you to prove me wrong.  I won't do that though. You were right and I was wrong.

Smartest man in your current physical location? I suppose that's possible. If it is a smallish, sparsely populated room, that is.

The smartest man in the room wouldn't feel the need to suggest that he is the smartest man in the room. Of that, I am sure.

36 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Smartest man in your current physical location? I suppose that's possible. If it is a smallish, sparsely populated room, that is.

The smartest man in the room wouldn't feel the need to suggest that he is the smartest man in the room. Of that, I am sure.

As long as we’re in agreement that I was right I’m ok with this.