Is it safe to say...Moulds is playing final year?

Rudyc80

His cap number for 06 is $11 million which signals his walking papers.

its too bad cause hes my favorite player.....I am not sold on Evans can be or is a #1 WR. Letting moulds go willl be a huge mistake rather then letting him and evans become the next holt/bruce combo.

With that said im sure he could always restructure but that makes no sense considering they just re-did his deal this past January so if the bils planned on him being here why not make the deal for a few years rather than a crazy number like $11 million for 06? Just doesnt seem logical unless they know this is his last year here which is sad.

TD recently said he wanted Moulds to retire a Bill....yet he doesnt get a better deal done when he had the chance....I mean $$$$11 million cap hit next year..>WTF is that about? its like saying dont let the door hit ya in the a$$ Moulds.

People have been talking about Moulds being cut for the past two years. Each time, he and TD have found a solution that is good for both Moulds and the Bills. Regardless of his cap number, it's clear that Moulds wants to be here and TD wants him here. I don't think leaving his cap number that high is indicative of anything. They'll revisit the situation after the season and get something done.

People have been talking about Moulds being cut for the past two years. Each time, he and TD have found a solution that is good for both Moulds and the Bills. Regardless of his cap number, it's clear that Moulds wants to be here and TD wants him here. I don't think leaving his cap number that high is indicative of anything. They'll revisit the situation after the season and get something done.

294923[/snapback]

Generally, I would agree with this, however, TD's mo with vetran players seems to be "re-structre this year, play this season, goodbye next year." As much as I would hate to see it, I would not be at all surprised if Rudy is correct. However, I don't think it would be the end of the world either. Clearly, Moulds performance is much more likely to decline, than improve. Lee Evans seems to be a bonifide starter, it will only be a matter of time before TD targets a replacement for Moulds.

So you're complaining allready about something that hasn't happened yet? Let's get real.

its too bad cause hes my favorite player.....I am not sold on Evans can be or is a #1 WR. Letting moulds go willl be a huge mistake rather then letting him and evans become the next holt/bruce combo.

With that said im sure he could always restructure but that makes no sense considering they just re-did his deal this past January so if the bils planned on him being here why not make the deal for a few years rather than a crazy number like $11 million for 06? Just doesnt seem logical unless they know this is his last year here which is sad.

TD recently said he wanted Moulds to retire a Bill....yet he doesnt get a better deal done when he had the chance....I mean $$$$11 million cap hit next year..>WTF is that about? its like saying dont let the door hit ya in the a$$ Moulds.

294918[/snapback]

As long as you continue to live in a world full of despair and loathing, let me post a parallel, albeit hypothetical question.

Is it safe to say that Rudy will get banned for sucking the life and fun out of this message board?

That would be too bad cause I like Rudy and I think he's a decent guy. But when you lookat his propensity for posting the absolute worst.......

Try being a little more positive, it'll make you a happier person.

As long as you continue to live in a world full of despair and loathing, let me post a parallel, albeit hypothetical question.

Is it safe to say that Rudy will get banned for sucking the life and fun out of this message board?  

That would be too bad cause I like Rudy and I think he's a decent guy.  But when you lookat his propensity for posting the absolute worst.......

295008[/snapback]

The "happy" police strike again. What's wrong with his post? Bring back the good old days. This is getting ridiculous. :devil:

That would be too bad cause I like Rudy and I think he's a decent guy.  But when you lookat his propensity for posting the absolute worst.......

295008[/snapback]

I agree with John in Minn, leave it alone, its a reasonable post.

I agree, it wasn't that much doom and gloom as we usually see with Rudy. It's a reasonable query with possible outcomes for EM with reation to cap strategy and player value.

294918[/snapback]

No it isn't. Moulds has always done what it takes to remain with the Bills and I see no reason he would change his philosophy next year and for years to come. Especially when the team is finally on an upswing. I think he retires a Bill.

I just hope Moulds doesn't turn into one of those pitiful veterans that sign on with teams chasing a championship.  There's nothing sadder IMO.

295004[/snapback]

Why not. At least the guy is going after his dream and not the money. You

cannot have it both ways.

I agree with John in Minn, leave it alone, its a reasonable post.

I agree, it wasn't that much doom and gloom as we usually see with Rudy. It's a reasonable query with possible outcomes for EM with reation to cap strategy and player value.

295074[/snapback]

Just for clarification, I didn't threaten to ban Rudy. I asked a question that was similar to his. Personally, I like his posts. His miserable, anxiety riddled world makes my life seem that much better.

Just for clarification, I didn't threaten to ban Rudy. I asked a question that was similar to his.  Personally, I like his posts.  His miserable, anxiety riddled world makes my life seem that much better.

295153[/snapback]

while i dont like his doomed posts, i would like ti if he actually came back and responded in his own threads, instead of this hit and run posting...

Moulds will be VERY hard to replace. A physically big receiver that consistently draws double coverage and can beat it! Not many WRs in the league can do that. I know at times he had the dropsies but he caught close to 90 balls!! That's 90! 50 more than the closest receiver. Evans is a very good receiver but could suffer the same fate as PP if he becomes a number one receiver--especially in year 3 oof his career. That being said, you can't have a WR count 11M against the cap. If it was 5-6M that would be fine unless he has a huge drop-off in play this year.