Who has a better chance of making the 53?

NewEra

Final 53  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who has a better chance of making it?

16 hours ago, NewEra said:

Tim Graham, when asked who has the best chance to stick as the #6 Wr,  chose McCloud over McKenzie and the rest of the WRs.  I realize other see duke or Sills being that guy.  The reason is only include McKenzie is because he’s the most like McCloud. Smaller gadget type wr that can double as backup returners.

i think Ray Ray has close to a zero % chance of making the squad and his NFL career, likely over 

Close to 0?  Come on, man.  They drafted him for a reason.  If they really thought he had nothing he would have been gone by now.   Obviously management doesn't agree with you.  No, McCloud didn't play well when he got the opportunity.  That doesn't mean he won't play well come July and going forward.  Players acclimate.   Players get better.   We shall see...

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

That would be at the longer end of the timeframe. I am a little more optimistic. 

It would be, but considering he broke his foot in non-contact drills, it would be warranted. 

4 hours ago, purple haze said:

Close to 0?  Come on, man.  They drafted him for a reason.  If they really thought he had nothing he would have been gone by now.   Obviously management doesn't agree with you.  No, McCloud didn't play well when he got the opportunity.  That doesn't mean he won't play well come July and going forward.  Players acclimate.   Players get better.   We shall see...

We’ll see

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well that alone makes you unique!   He's played, essentially, 1 season of meaning.

Where?  He has 22 catches for 200 yards and zero TDs in his career.  his YPC is under 10.

In college, he scored once every 7 touches 

I believe I included in my statement “near the line of scrimmage target” while he wasn’t a target so so speak, he had a TD run vs the jags and another vs the jets.  This is part of why he’s more valuable.  They can use him in a variety of ways.  Having great burst and acceleration makes a ball carrier a greater weapon than a ball carrier without it.

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

This was one opinion in Cincy:

Tyler KroftKroft feels like the safety net for the Bengals. Outside of his seven touchdown in 2017 after Eifert got hurt, he hasn’t done much in the way of the passing game. He is an okay blocker, but you could easily find a better one. 

Kroft’s 2017 numbers are actually pretty close with Uzomah’s 2018, but Kroft started every game in 2017. He is a suitable backup tight end based on his red-zone ability, but if it ultimately came down to Cincinnati losing all three of their tight ends or ending up with just Kroft, keeping Kroft is only slightly better.

I don't object that much to this analysis. I think his ceiling is a little higher but as I said earlier - to me he is a bottom end starting TE and a high end backup TE. I'm not advocating him as the Bills long sought answer at the position. They clearly want that to be Dawson Knox who is a proper high ceiling prospect. But Kroft is well rounded and does both elements of the job pretty well. The idea is he tides the Bills over while Knox develops. I think he can do that and produce more than Charles Clay did the last two years. That said, the injury hurts, clearly. And maybe Knox grabs the opportunity, starts early, and we never need Kroft to be more than a backup. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

In college, he scored once every 7 touches 

I believe I included in my statement “near the line of scrimmage target” while he wasn’t a target so so speak, he had a TD run vs the jags and another vs the jets.  This is part of why he’s more valuable.  They can use him in a variety of ways.  Having great burst and acceleration makes a ball carrier a greater weapon than a ball carrier without it.

With th speed they already have at WR, plus Beasely as a true slot weapon, plus at least 2 RB who can catch the ball, I don't think this kids brings something unique enough that Daboll can't scheme for such plays with the guys already on board.

I actually voted Ray Ray just based off the fact we drafted him and he's completely injury free. 

I remember reading a cpl weeks ago that Ray Ray has looked great and much improved. He said the injury last year really effected him harshly , he was limited for the majority of the off season, and that really had a big impact on his game he said ,so hopefully we get the gadget type WR we were expecting. 

I still love McKenzie, he brought instant positive energy to the O. He was what Ray Ray was supposed to be last year.

Either way, that's some solid competition , especially compared to the competition level last year! McKenzie was a really nice pickup after Den dumped him and I'm excited to see a healthy McCloud, he has real potential based off his time at Clemson

Edited by JerseyBills

7 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

With th speed they already have at WR, plus Beasely as a true slot weapon, plus at least 2 RB who can catch the ball, I don't think this kids brings something unique enough that Daboll can't scheme for such plays with the guys already on board.

Cool.  The thread really has nothing to do with McKenzie.  Strictly Ray Ray and Tim Graham thinking he’s most likely to be the 6th wr kept.  

McKenzie is the perfect backup to Beasley and he had some level of trust with Allen. If Allen continues to trust McKenzie more and more, you may see a bump in his production. If McKenzie makes some plays on STs, he is a definite lock for the 53 man roster. He's a young player with upside, but just old enough as to where he is a veteran player coming into his own. McCloud hasn't shown anything.

36 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Cool.  The thread really has nothing to do with McKenzie.  Strictly Ray Ray and Tim Graham thinking he’s most likely to be the 6th wr kept.  

Wow.. you better let the OP know so he can change the title and nix the poll!

16 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm excited to see a healthy McCloud, he has real potential based off his time at Clemson

McKenzie in his junior year at Georgia before he came out McKenzie had more than double the number of TDs McCloud managed in his entire Clemson career. I watch a fair bit of Clemson and McCloud was just a guy there (albeit as we have seen with Foster it is easy to get lost in the talent shuffle at these major programmes even if you have talent). I'm not writing McCloud off.... but I just think McKenzie is an all round better football player. 

• Like (+1) 1