Simple things that tend to confuse you...

Another Fan

14 hours ago, DC Tom said:

What part of "axially variant" did you not understand?  "Righty tighty" becomes "lefty tighty" if you turn it upside down.  "Right" and "left" are arbitrary terms, entirely dependent on perspective - specifically, on the perspective determined by the choice of axis.  So if you choose the axis, say, with your thumb, it becomes invariant.

Everybody knows to face the faucet straight on except @Gugny and a few of his sympathizers.  I guess that's why this thread was created.  Simple things that people can't understand.

What the hell is he doing, giving the hose bibb a reach around?

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Everybody knows to face the faucet straight on except @Gugny and a few of his sympathizers.  I guess that's why this thread was created.  Simple things that people can't understand.

What the hell is he doing, giving the hose bibb a reach around?

"Face the faucet" has jack to do with the right-hand rule.  The right-hand rule is invariant and works in all cases.

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

With the proliferation of total idiots on this board, I'm supposed to automatically assume that?

I would have thought the content of my posts would have given some reassurance.  I guess discussing the merits of Gugny's eggplant doesn't scream super genius, after all.  Huh... who knew?

Weather Reporters forecasting rain. For example, a 20% chance of rain tomorrow. 

Theyre broadcasting out out to hundreds of miles. Is it 20% likely that your own particular area will get rained on, or is it 100% likely that 20% of their broadcast area will get rain?

Or is it likely that 20% of their entire broadcast area will see 100% rain?

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

Weather Reporters forecasting rain. For example, a 20% chance of rain tomorrow. 

Theyre broadcasting out out to hundreds of miles. Is it 20% likely that your own particular area will get rained on, or is it 100% likely that 20% of their broadcast area will get rain?

Or is it likely that 20% of their entire broadcast area will see 100% rain?

No... It's an 80% chance that the area will NOT get any rain at all.

• Haha (+1) 1