Simple things that tend to confuse you...

Another Fan

I still have trouble distinguishing between the star and pound sign on a phone.  Especially when told verbally.

Clockwise vs counter clockwise throws me too using a screwdriver for tightening/loosening. 

Edited by Another Fan

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

I still have trouble distinguishing between the star and pound sign on a phone.  Especially when told verbally.

Clockwise vs counter clockwise throws me too using a screwdriver for tightening/loosening. 

Screwing a hose onto a faucet always effs me up.  I'm turning it left, as I look at it, to tighten.  The only way it's righty-tighty is if I'm laying on the ground looking up at it.

34 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Screwing a hose onto a faucet always effs me up.  I'm turning it left, as I look at it, to tighten.  The only way it's righty-tighty is if I'm laying on the ground looking up at it.

???? What the heck kinda hose bibbs do you have.

Looking at it, it's righty tighty.

35 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Righty on the top is lefty on the bottom. I always felt that was faulty advice! Clockwise or counterclockwise. Maybe people who struggle with that grew up in the digital age? 

15 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

???? What the heck kinda hose bibbs do you have.

Looking at it, it's righty tighty.

No it's not!  Looking at it straight on, you're turning it to your left to tighten.  if you lay on your back and look "into" the faucet hole, THEN it's turning right.

6 hours ago, Another Fan said:

There simple? 

Actually speaking of which their vs there and to vs too I still have trouble with 

They're is a contraction of "they" and "are."  So "They're simple" should be "they are simple?"  And "too" means "also." 

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Loose 

Lose

That’s probably the only one of the similarly spelled word pairs that causes me to stop and think. 

I sometimes get loosen versus tighten mixed up if I’m flustered or angry, or if it’s at an awkward orientation, such as reaching under a sink.

I have to stop and think when using a pipe wrench. One direction it grabs, the other direction it doesn’t. 

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Catsup........

Ketchup......

That even confused Monte Burns.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Gugny said:

No it's not!  Looking at it straight on, you're turning it to your left to tighten.  if you lay on your back and look "into" the faucet hole, THEN it's turning right.

I just walked outside.  Look straight at it.  Clockwise is right, tighten  Counterclockwise is left and off.

24 minutes ago, dhg said:

Desert

Dessert

Dessert has more of the letter “s”, and you always want more dessert! 

Desert, not so much.....

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I just walked outside.  Look straight at it.  Clockwise is right, tighten  Counterclockwise is left and off.

Don’t help him! His neighbors probably get a good chuckle watching him lying on his driveway looking up at the spigot! 

• Haha (+1) 1

Every morning I put left over coffee in the microwave.

I was always irritated and confuse because when it times out it is always at the back of the microwave with the handle turned out, the most difficult way to retrieve it.

What are the odds?

Finally, I figured it out.

I put the cup in the same way every day, and select the same time setting.

Since it rotates at the same rpm, and I set the same time, it simply has to end up in the same place.

Now......I select four seconds longer.

I have defeated my microwave.

Life is made up of consistent small wins.

Now the Miami Intl airport elevator is a different problem.

If has three floors.

Presumably, one third of the time you select it, it should be at your floor and the door open immediately.

It is never at your floor, no matter which floor you are on, and I have done this thousands of times.

I have given up trying to figure it out.

Miami is just a hateful place to be avoided.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Augie said:

The “but” won’t keep you out of hell, Gal. 

Can’t wait to meet up!  

LOL It'll be a hot time in Hades when we throw a party! 

Honestly, hubby is not very simple at all - hence why he is so confusing.