Everything Joe Biden--Gaffes, Miscues, Touching, Songs

50 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Democrats passed law to repeal SALT tax last December and increased the top federal income bracket back to 39.6%.  It died in the Senate.  The irony is that Democrats actually wanted to lower federal taxes on the wealthy in blue states.  On average though across the US the tax reform bill absolutely benefits the wealthy the most.  Just pure math alone should tell you that.

As a resident of NYS I would think that you have a concern about the high state taxes. Limiting the deductions allowed on federal taxes by limiting state tax deductions helps keep the states from getting out of control with taxes. Without a limit, states can just keep raising taxes with  less harm to the residents by taking part of that increase from the feds.

• Like (+1) 1

At this point, does anybody think that a vote for Joe Biden is not a vote for the extreme, radical communists and his VP pick?

Biden is the closest thing we’ve ever seen to a Manchurian Candidate. 

He’s also a buffoon. If Laurel and Hardy had a son and it was adopted by Karl Max, it would be Joe Biden. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dubs said:

At this point, does anybody think that a vote for Joe Biden is not a vote for the extreme, radical communists and his VP pick?

He’s also a buffoon. If Laurel and Hardy had a son and it was adopted by Karl Max, it would be Joe Biden. 

I don't think he's an extreme radical lefty.  He's not even laid out his platform other than he's going to make the country a wonderful place in his first 100 days.  

Buffoon?  Yes.  Radical lefty?  Nah 

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I don't think he's an extreme radical lefty.  He's not even laid out his platform other than he's going to make the country a wonderful place in his first 100 days.  

Buffoon?  Yes.  Radical lefty?  Nah 

I guess what I meant he’s being propped up by the radical left in the hopes that if he’s elected, they control the White House. He’s not in control of anything at this point. He’s a useful buffoon. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dubs said:

I guess what I meant he’s being propped up by the radical left in the hopes that if he’s elected, they control the White House. He’s not in control of anything at this point. He’s a useful buffoon. 

Correct, he's surrounded himself with a "shadow council" which he says he'll lean on. And the members of that council are largely Obama/Clinton holdovers with a few prog-fascists thrown in to appease the Bernie crowd.

46 minutes ago, dubs said:

He’s also a buffoon. If Laurel and Hardy had a son and it was adopted by Karl Groucho Max, it would be Joe Biden. 

FIFY

42 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Correct, he's surrounded himself with a "shadow council" which he says he'll lean on. And the members of that council are largely Obama/Clinton holdovers with a few prog-fascists thrown in to appease the Bernie crowd.

@Deranged Rhino - if you're here at PP for" justice" for Trump (your words) - why spend time on this thread?  Shouldn't you be peddling QAnon conspiracies about Flynn and the deep state?

35 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

true... it’s too early to tell, really

Let me clarify.  The immediate reaction may be greater that the assassination MLK but long term?  It's the long term lasting impression.  The assassination of someone who preached peace and love and equality vs a nobody murdered by a cop.   

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Thank you for the list.  A lot of it is wrong, slanted, and feelings, but they are reasons.

Let me address them:

A tax bill that was unnecessary in the first place but primarily helped the wealthy as opposed to the middle class and is adding TONS to our national debt despite being advertised as paying for itself.

The tax cuts did not primarily help the wealthy. It has added to the national debt, but Trump was never going to bring that down. If you know anything about real estate people, you know they love to use other people's money. The national debt was never going to be something Trump worked on.

A statistically significant rise in hate crimes, attributed likely in some small part at least to his own hateful rhetoric--yes, words do matter, especially from the President.

FBI hate crime list.  One thing I learned by your statement and having to look at the stats, there are far fewer "hates crimes" than I thought in the United States. 

His desperation to take people's health insurance away by dismantling an imperfect but fixable Affordable Care Act rather than building on it to make it better.

Your complaint is my joy. ? I am hopeful my health insurance will actually come down in price after the crazy amount craptastic Obamacare raised it. No one should need to pay $25K per year out of pocket for ***** health insurance, but that is what Obamacare did for me and Hubby. If you paid out of pocket (instead of getting your benefits through your job) you would know how devastating Obamacare was. Three times the cost for worse insurance. Oh yay.

His complete lack of any empathy. And that's not a "feelz" thing because it bleeds over into his actions, like violently clearing out peaceful protesters for a 3 minute photo op.

Totally feelz. LOL

Environmental deregulations, setting this country's environmental progress back.

Hurray!!  While no one wants smoggy air or their local river set ablaze, no one wants the puddle on their land to be considered under the purview of the EPA. There is a happy medium. The environmental laws had gone too far. I am glad he is pulling some back.

The national treaties we've been pulling out of and a general turn inward in a world constantly getting more global despite the wildly underestimated but still minority populist movements that have sprung up recently.

We are not the world's policeman. While I agree we should be in some areas to promote stability, we are not  in the coup business (see Obama administration, Ukraine, for guidance on what not to do), Germany and Japan can afford to pay to have our military there, and Afghanistan is simply a way for the military complex to make money. 

Our global standing as a trustworthy Country.

What does that even mean? :blink:

ADHD when it comes to his cabinet members, who aren't afforded the ability to be the experts they're supposed to be because they're required to walk on eggshells to appease a boss who can't hear hard truths.

That is more than unfair. Almost four years later, he still has cabinet members waiting for confirmation. The Democrats have done everything in their power to slow walk the Trump administration cabinet members.  "Walk on eggshells?"  Stop watching CNN.

Constant and utter corruption from his own appointees and from himself. I wasn't here years ago but I'm sure DR posted tweets or comments by Trump at some point about how he wouldn't be on the golf course like Obama and that he'd probably never leave the White House because he'd be working too hard. Not quite what happened, is it? It will be interesting to see when his Presidency is done at the end of this year how much he cost the American taxpayers and how much the American taxpayers actually funded Trump's business. Not to mention other shady things like $17.2 million spent to land military planes at a small airport in Scotland, which of course was right near a golf resort Trump owns.

This is not true. If there was "corruption by his own appointees and from himself" there would have been no-knock raises by the FBI on the White House door. President Trump had his undies examined for 2.5 years and they came up with nuthin'.

Everything he's done with the Press in terms of his lack of transparency and other things like calling them the enemy of the people, which you see his supporters shouting at journalists consistently.

Where is the wild cheering gif? The "msm" are driving narratives, "social justice" initiatives, and the DNC annex. There are only a handful of honest reporters left at any of the news stations. The biggest positive of the Trump administration has been to show the US and the world, how partisan and outright dishonest the US press is.

An economy that is now in shambles after 3 years of riding the coattails of the previous Administration that rebuilt the economy from the last economic disaster, which is what Biden's Administration will have to start doing again in January.

Wow. Just wow.  Mr. Magic Wand led a great economy for Trump to ride his coattails? M'kay. :lol:

And now Trump is responsible for a virus that people were concerned was a bio-weapon? Trump was presiding over the best economy the US has ever had. And he shut it down because of concerns about a virus from China. How long it stayed shut down is on the governors. Some states have been open since the end of April, while other states are still not fully open. If your state is not fully open, call your governor's office to complain.

115,000 Americans dead in just 4 months and counting due in part to a President who was utterly unprepared due to his own ego and narcissism and even now seems to be in denial. Let's be honest, this is what's sealed his fate as a one term President already.

Again, wow.  President Trump handled the Wuhan virus fairly well. He allowed the state governors to lead, which is what federalism is. He acted as a wartime president and got companies quickly onboard to make PPE supplies, labs to research the virus and make testing kits, etc. If you think it is easy to make this happen in under a month for a virus that appeared that recently, you need to get out and get a job in the corporate world. You might then appreciate the sheer speed in which all this happened.

Should be have had 300M N95 masks in the vault? Should be have had 50K ventilators sitting in a warehouse? Maybe. Until you consider that NYS did have ventilators, but sold them due to obsolescence. The same would have happened to any federal stockpile. Would the bands have decomposed on the N95 masks? I do not know. Those we should have had more on.  Did Congress allot the money for those purchases and it was not fulfilled? If so, you do have an argument.

His handling of these protests in terms of both rhetoric and action.

Rhetoric? Huh? He told the governors to ask for help if they needed it. Again, see federalism. (I hope you do not teach civics or history)

Casting preemptive doubt on the democratic process foreshadowing a breaking of long tradition of the peaceful transfer of power from one President to another.

Huh? Obama did this when his administration staged a soft-coup against the incoming Trump administration. Your "preemptive doubt" is you watching CNN.

-Households making between $250-$500k saw their tax liability go down by 14.4% as compared with 12.5% in the lowest income bracket at $15-$20k. The ability to write off Home Equity loan interest primarily hurts the middle class. The cuts to corporate (reduced 14%) and estate (exemption raised from $5.4 to $11.4 million)taxes primarily helps the wealthy. Tell me again how this was not primarily targeted to help the wealthy. As for the national debt, Trump and the Republicans pretty strongly advertised that the tax cuts would pay for themselves as part of the push to pass the tax bill. You're saying he knowingly lied and you're fine with that?

-Good for you, but way to sidestep the provided and requested fact.

-I won't bemoan you of this, but it is my understanding that you retired at a relatively young age. Is that correct? I realize I don't actually know how old you are, but I thought you were younger... like in your 40s or early 50s. If so, you and your hubby are probably in a pretty good place financially and have been for years I apologize if I'm mistaken on that last point but it seems like a logical conclusion if you were able to retire young. understand some individuals might be paying more under Obamacare and I'm not going to pretend it's a perfect law, but it's done a lot more good than bad in this country, especially for low income uninsured people.

-Not feelz because he had a clear inability to understand that it was wrong to use force to clear out peaceful protesters so he could clear a path for himself for a photo op. Do you dispute that actually happened?

-Again. Good for you. It's why you're going to vote for him. History will look back on his Presidency as one step back for environmental progress, though.

-Those treaties don't just apply to "being the World's policeman." Connected to the previous point the Paris Climate agreement was one. The world is continuing to be more and more global despite the movements toward isolationism popping up recently. Being more connected than ever, the world is likely going to continue on that path to global cooperation.

-I don't watch CNN. How many "acting" officials has he had? Trump's turnover rate for his high level officials is higher than Reagan, either Bush, or Obama. 

-It's not true he plays golf way more than President Obama did? It's not true that he constantly plays on his own resorts or spends weekends in Mara Lago in a resort his company owns? It's not true his company benefits financially in some way from him doing this? It's not true that out of the blue we started flying Military planes to a small airport near one of Trump's Golf courses out of the blue?

-giphy.gif

-For 3 years what Trump had going was he didn't screw things up with the economy that had been steadily building for double that time under the Obama administration. That's the credit he deserves. He wasn't some miracle worker bringing an economy back from shambles like the next President will have to do.

-Trump didn't create the virus and there's certainly blame to go around to Governors, but the buck obviously stops with him. This topic has been talked in circles, but if you still think Trump and his Administration have no culpability in the sheer number of sick and dead people in this country then maybe it's you who needs to find a different news source.

-"Law and Order," "Dominate the streets," "This is a great day for George Floyd," etc. :doh:

-Except the Obama Administration warned the Trump campaign as well. You guys have your conspiracy theories you're going to roll with. Again I encourage you to find a different News source yourself.

18 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

-Except the Obama Administration warned the Trump campaign as well. You guys have your conspiracy theories you're going to roll with. Again I encourage you to find a different News source yourself.

This is in fact not true. They never warned Trump, or his campaign. Hence the outrage. 

So before you spout off about others finding different news sources, try it yourself. You've been wrong at every turn on this issue for years now. It's no longer excusable. It's just laziness. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is in fact not true. They never warned Trump, or his campaign. Hence the outrage. 

So before you spout off about others finding different news sources, try it yourself. You've been wrong at every turn on this issue for years now. It's no longer excusable. It's just laziness. 

You should check your facts.

You're wrong.

Both Trump and Hillary were warned about Russian interference.

Bill Barr acknowledges this.