Everything Joe Biden--Gaffes, Miscues, Touching, Songs

...the staunch ex-Clintonite wants Joe to stay "downstairs"??......

Terry McAuliffe recorded saying Dems prefer Biden stay 'in the basement'

By Gregg Re | Fox News

EXCLUSIVE: Top Joe Biden surrogate Terry McAuliffe told a videoconference meeting of Virginia Democrats over the weekend that the former vice president should remain in his basement -- where he has famously campaigned remotely during the coronavirus pandemic -- and that Democratic officials are broadly "preferring" that Biden stay out of the limelight.

Fox News has obtained a video of McAuliffe's Norfolk comments, which came after Biden has made a series of gaffes in his already-limited public appearances as he social distanced from home -- including by declaring that African-Americans who support President Trump "ain’t black."

"People say all the time, 'Oh, we got to get the vice president out of the basement,'" McAuliffe told the "monthly breakfast" of the Norfolk City Democratic Committee. "He's fine in the basement. Two people see him a day: his two body people. That's it. Let Trump keep doing what Trump's doing."

McAuliffe served as campaign chairman for Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential run. At the Zoom videoconference, he was introduced by a senior Norfolk Democrat, Charlie Stanton, who compared soldiers who participated in the D-Day landing to modern-day Antifa members.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/top-biden-surrogate-says-dems-preferring-that-former-vp-stay-in-the-basement

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ALF said:

Biden would be wise not to debate Trump , just read from a script till the election.

This is pretty much an admission that Biden can't hold up against Trump, so who do you favor in the election?

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

For Crack, but not powder. Because crack was being used by poor black and brown folk while powder was being used by Joe and his rich white friends. 

Tell me again how the guy who built the problems ya'll are protesting against today is going to swoop in and be the answer. You're all being played. Hard. And you have to be VERY stupid or VERY partisan not to see it, @transplantbillsfan

Yup.  Like I said, at best it was classist since poor people couldn't afford the good stuff, while at worst it was racist since mostly black people used crack. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

Yup.  Like I said, at best it was classist since poor people couldn't afford the good stuff, while at worst it was racist since mostly black people used crack. 

:beer: 

It was literally (because so many in DC were doing cocaine) a "law for them, and a law for us". 

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

What is there we had to learn?

This is a legitimate question.

The logic here seems to dismiss every poll because in 2016 they were wrong.

You don't think that's an egregious example of cherry picking?

Polls and pollsters aren't ALWAYS accurate, but they are most of the time.

Yep, polls were wrong in 2016. That doesn't mean they aren't widely accurate as a whole.

Typical Weathermen fallacy to mistrust all polls with that logic.

You make a valid point that we can’t throw the baby out with the bath water. 

The problem is that in this case, with Polls being the baby, and bath water being inaccurate results, the Democrat leaning media drowned the baby in the bathtub for the sake of pushing their narrative. 

It’s not that there’s no margin of error in polls, it’s that the media and pollsters alike proved in 2016 that they would do whatever was necessary to only present poll results that would validate what they wanted, thus invalidating polls altogether. And they were wrong. So very wrong. Historically wrong. 

So when we see “Biden running away with election” we’re reminded of 2016 “Hillary running away with election” narratives when the only thing she was running away with was the nomination for best (albeit delayed) concession speech. 

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

This is pretty much an admission that Biden can't hold up against Trump, so who do you favor in the election?

Lets see what the economy and covid 19 look  like Nov 1. I don't favor either one but will accept the electoral vote.

23 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I like the fact that you ignore the meat of the post and instead telling me where you think there was an error you ask a question that does not matter. As for your age I assume 75 or higher, because you do not realize how phones have changed our lives.

While some of the polls were well outside the margin of error in 2016, even those polls were actually pretty accurate.

The obvious screwup was accounting for the electoral rather than the popular vote.

2016 polls on average were quite accurate in terms of the popular vote, which Clinton won by 2%.

And to answer the question I posed you, the 2018, 2014, 2012 and 2010 polls (you claimed polls were outdated 10 years ago) were also quite accurate, indicating a polling system that generally works and isn't broken or outdated.

Many pollsters are using other methods than calling, though yes, that's still the primary method. 

So polling is still and has been pretty accurate.

And then you throw in the human factor. You don't think these pollsters don't understand their screwup in 2016--perceived or real--and want to make sure they're as accurate as possible moving forward?

6 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

One more time for the class:

Public polls are not designed to gauge popular public sentiment (Internal polling is, but the public never gets to see those numbers).

Public polls are PsyOps used to drive public sentiment and behavior.

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

You make a valid point that we can’t throw the baby out with the bath water. 

The problem is that in this case, with Polls being the baby, and bath water being inaccurate results, the Democrat leaning media drowned the baby in the bathtub for the sake of pushing their narrative. 

It’s not that there’s no margin of error in polls, it’s that the media and pollsters alike proved in 2016 that they would do whatever was necessary to only present poll results that would validate what they wanted, thus invalidating polls altogether. And they were wrong. So very wrong. Historically wrong. 

So when we see “Biden running away with election” we’re reminded of 2016 “Hillary running away with election” narratives when the only thing she was running away with was the nomination for best (albeit delayed) concession speech. 

Except in 2016 the final aggregate of polls had Clinton up by about 3%.

She won the Popular vote by 2%.

Yeah they were wrong because of our electoral system, which is why you're seeing so much attention being paid to swing states instead of the nation overall.

And Biden is ahead in almost all of those swing states, too.

You guys are just too funny.

12 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

While some of the polls were well outside the margin of error in 2016, even those polls were actually pretty accurate.

The obvious screwup was accounting for the electoral rather than the popular vote.

2016 polls on average were quite accurate in terms of the popular vote, which Clinton won by 2%.

And to answer the question I posed you, the 2018, 2014, 2012 and 2010 polls (you claimed polls were outdated 10 years ago) were also quite accurate, indicating a polling system that generally works and isn't broken or outdated.

Many pollsters are using other methods than calling, though yes, that's still the primary method. 

So polling is still and has been pretty accurate.

And then you throw in the human factor. You don't think these pollsters don't understand their screwup in 2016--perceived or real--and want to make sure they're as accurate as possible moving forward?

I know you want to win this but please stop, if you are outside the margin of error your poll is worthless. Arguing otherwise just shows you do not understand the reason of providing the margin.  Lastly I will link a 538 article that shows the average error chart since 1998. I will admit I thought they were better historically but one of the lines after the table shows the margin of error for these polls should be 14%. So the only place I was wrong is that they have been garbage much longer than I realized.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-polls-are-all-right/amp/

Edited by Buffalo Timmy
Forgot link

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He can't avoid it. There will be two, if not three. 

And they will be very, very bad for No Chance Joe.

Hehehe....

I was going to ask - is that a downgrade or an upgrade on "Sleepy"

Suspect that it's the former.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

giphy.gif

Except in 2016 the final aggregate of polls had Clinton up by about 3%.

She won the Popular vote by 2%.

Yeah they were wrong because of our electoral system, which is why you're seeing so much attention being paid to swing states instead of the nation overall.

And Biden is ahead in almost all of those swing states, too.

You guys are just too funny.

You have an unreasonable level of trust for authority structures which have been constructing ways to undermine you for at least 104 years.  At least.

I implore you to read: https://www.amazon.com/Image-Guide-Pseudo-Events-America/dp/0679741801/ref=nodl_

• Like (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I know you want to win this but please stop, if you are outside the margin of error your poll is worthless. Arguing otherwise just shows you do not understand the reason of providing the margin.  Lastly I will link a 538 article that shows the average error chart since 1998. I will admit I thought they were better historically but one of the lines after the table shows the margin of error for these polls should be 14%. So the only place I was wrong is that they have been garbage much longer than I realized.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-polls-are-all-right/amp/

We are talking about polls on the whole.

Did you actually read that article? Seems you're suffering from some confirmation bias and it's blinding you a little.

And I will admit I thought polls were better historically, too.

They've actually gotten significantly more accurate over the last 50 years, particularly starting in the 90s. Other than a blip in the 1998 mid terms, it in fact appears polls nationally were averaging being off by a mere 3 or 4 points. And that average includes polls outside that margin of error you bring up.

https://www.pewresearch.org/methods/2019/11/19/a-field-guide-to-polling-election-2020-edition/

You're decrying the accuracy of polls because you claim methodology is outdated. If anything, polls seem to be getting MORE accurate, not less.

Sure Individual polls will get bits wrong, but if you take an average of polls and they are off by 3%, that's pretty decent, especially by historical standards over the last comment 70 years.

Just looked at 22 polls from June 8th-June 14th, which you can do yourself clicking the link below, and Biden has an average of a 9.1% point lead. That's well outside the recent 3 or 4 point margin of error.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/national/

Even Trump's beloved FOX News and Rasmussen polls are really not looking good for him.

You guys all just seem to hang your hats on "well... well... well 2016!!!" over here as a flawed argument as to why polls shouldn't be trusted when you 100% KNOW you'd be posting them if they were favorable for Trump.

In fact that's exactly what happened over here in the momentary flash Trump's approval rating spiked in the beginning of the Pandemic. Now apparently approval ratings don't matter again.

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:beer: 

It was literally (because so many in DC were doing cocaine) a "law for them, and a law for us". 

Everybody was doing it everywhere. I was on Miami in 81-82 then moved to LA in 83. What a wonderful time to work in the restaurant biz. It was ***** insane. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 2