Limited Edition "Pancho Power" shirt on sale, portion of every sale to go to Pancho Billa's family

Logic

I realize there is already a thread about Pancho Billa, but I figured this would get buried, and this was a better way for everyone to see it. Maybe we can get a pin for a day or two?

A portion of every sale of this shirt go to Pancho Billa's family. Available 5 days only. I am not affiliated with 26shirts, I just thought this was a cool thing to share. This shirt design was an older one that has been around for a bit, but they brought it back by popular demand today after being flooded with requests by Bills fans.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, White Linen said:

I'm not sure how I feel about this.  

Fair enough.

Just so you know, the shirt was an older design from 26shirts. It was brought back today by popular demand in light of Pancho passing away. They didn't make the design specifically to capitalize on the tragedy or anything.

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

Fair enough.

Just so you know, the shirt was an older design from 26shirts. It was brought back today by popular demand in light of Pancho passing away. They didn't make the design specifically to capitalize on the tragedy or anything.

Maybe it's not so much that as why are they giving money to the Ezra family?  Why is there a go fund me for the family?

3 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Maybe it's not so much that as why are they giving money to the Ezra family?  Why is there a go fund me for the family?

Because he passed away? Because it is incredibly expensive to fight cancer and they need to re-coup medical expenses? To help a family that is in a time of need? Because Bills fans are good and charitable people?

I'm not sure I really understand your question.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Because he passed away? Because it is incredibly expensive to fight cancer and they need to re-coup medical expenses? To help a family that is in a time of need? Because Bills fans are good and charitable people?

I'm not sure I really understand your question.

Because over 600,000 people died of cancer in 2018 in the U.S. and most of those families are not getting money.  I don't know what the word is but I just don't know how I feel about using his celebrity to get money.  

Just now, White Linen said:

Because over 600,000 people died of cancer in 2018 in the U.S. and most of those families are not getting money.  I don't know what the word is but I just don't know how I feel about using his celebrity to get money.  

Who the hell is forcing you to. They are going through something that is typically extremely financially straining if you want to help them go ahead if you don't then don't.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Does it make you feel any better to know that dozens of donations came into the Roswell Park cancer treatment facility in Ezra's name today? I see no problem with fellow Bills fans, in an outpouring of love and appreciation, donating money to cancer research and to Ezra's family to help them re-coup medical costs.

Maybe I'm crazy.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I get that people sometimes pick odd or random places to rally for a cause... but even if you think this is one of those times this is likely not the time or place to muse on the topic.

if anything, I’d encourage the shirt company to donate the entire profit from this run.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For those of you refuting the need to donate to a cause like this do you not realize that they are for expenses and donations to the cancer institute. Cancer has touched all of us in one way or another. If I have an opportunity to donate for such a cause as this I find it an honor. If you dont feel the same....just dont donate and keep your thoughts to yourself.. Really quite simple

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

What is the portion % that goes to the family? And what % does the company pocket?

$8 from every sale ($26) goes to the family.

I do understand the company's need to pay the artists that create the shirt, pay for the materials to create the shirt, and to upkeep the website.

26Shirts.com always does this. It's what they are as a company. The create highly specific shirts for certain sports cities (Buffalo among them), and donate part of the proceeds of each sale to various worthy causes. If people want to say they should give the whole amount to the family, I'd point both to the above mentioned costs as well as the fact that numerous apparel companies out there don't donate a single DIME to any worthy causes. The company makes great shirts that are quite popular, and they'd likely sell quite well even if the company didn't give any money to charitable causes, so I find it awesome that they choose to do so at all.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Capco said:

It's a shame that people with terminal illnesses can be strapped with such a financial burden in the richest country in the world.  

Agreed.

I work in healthcare, in the oncology field. I see people refuse beneficial and sometimes lifesaving treatments all the time because they can’t afford to pay for it.

Meanwhile, there’s a fleet of James Bond type cars parked in the doc row and  pharma reps bringing in hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in lunches every other day.

The system is certainly twisted.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1