Who makes the Practice Squad

8 hours ago, nucci said:

3rd round picks don't go to the PS

Especially one they traded up to get.  He's not some borderline 53rd roster spot, he's going to play.

Predicting a super talented and needed TE from the 3rd round is going immediately to the PS is core of the sun levels of a hot take.

*edit*

Oh and if it still isn't clear to some, the practice squad isn't something you "just put" players on.  You have to CUT them first.  There aren't 31 other teams in the league who will take a talented TE to their 53 for free that we spent a pair of 4th round draft picks to get in the first place?  

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Exactly, if they cut a 3rd round pick before the season starts, heads would absolutely roll and multiple people would probably lose their jobs. It was major news when the Raiders cut Tyler Wilson before his first season and he was a 4th. We don't want to be in their company.

We should have cut Peterman before his first season and he was a 5th.

20 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think Sills and Easley make the final roster. They are refined receivers who are very good at their craft and they catch the ball.  They also have talent. I think Easley would be a backup slot and Sills is a guy who can play the slot or the outside. Easley has some elite quickness number and produced in a pro style offense. He's potentially a bigger Beasley. Easley just needs to beat out McKenzie and Ray Ray, and I think he has a great chance to do so. Sills is in for a fight but he's a guy who finds the endzone and makes contested catches. He and Duke Williams bring that element to the roster, an element that was missing last year. I don't think Ike Boettger or Wyatt Teller would make it through to the practice squad. Ike was claimed last year, and now he has a year under his belt and some game experience. I don't think Boettger makes teh roster, but he will be claimed. I also think Sweeney makes the roster over guys like Croom and Fisher because he projects to be a complete tight end. Though I am intrigued with the Fisher conversion. Jaquan Johnson will make the roster as well imo. 

So right now I'd say Daryll Johnson and Tyree Jackson are the most likely PS guys. yrel Dodson is pretty interesting as well. 

I think Dodson has the best chance of any of the UDFAs of making the roster.

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We should have cut Peterman before his first season and he was a 5th.

Or just never wasted a pick on him. Cos he is useless. 

• Like (+1) 1

On May 10, 2019 at 8:55 AM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

May bold take is Sweeney make it, Knox is PS.

Good call on the others. 

Is Dhaquile eligible? 

I'm with you.  Sweeney makes over Knox.

Knox is supposed to be one sort of workout monster, but the pictures of the guy show otherwise.  There a people in the local MXT class more ripped than that pasty dude.