Whoever gets drafted will be a Buffalo Bill

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Clearly you’re not for opinions and disagreement given the purpose of this thread.

:rolleyes: 

here is what I wrote:

Except I can guarantee tonight there will be many people that mock the pick, explode because they don't like the pick, etc.  Don't be that guy.  Don't be an embarrassment to our fan base.  Welcome the player as he achieves his life long dream.  Don't be Eagles fans booing McNabb and don't be a wrongjosh poster.  Be excited.  Today is Christmas morning and the Bills get to add young talent to an already exciting young core.

You don't have to like the pick.  Just have actual reasons not to like the pick.  Also understand that you could be wrong.

There are several posters here that do a lot of work scouting these guys.  There are also a lot of posters here who do no work but read 1 article and form a rock solid opinion.  This place is for discussion and disagreement.  A certain wrestling manager commentary is a perfect example of a poster who, no matter who is chosen, will speak about it as the dumbest pick ever with no reasoning.

Ralph is NOT cheap? The FO ISN’T a bunch of clowns? I’m confused. 

I try not to get upset about things I have no control over. Important life lesson.  I have opinions, but I’m not losing my mind no matter what happens. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

glad he's gone.

so, who is your favorite potential pick? I mean, based on your thread, you apparently don't have a favorite nor an opinion on who you feel they should pick shouldn't pick?

key word *opinion.

seems this is a board made up of many personalities, opinions and views that may just differ from one another. if everyone wanted to be like you, well, why even come here then if you're going to be finger wagged about your opinions and told how you should react to a draft pick?

come on man

I like Oliver.  I like N'Keal Harry in the 2nd but he prob won't be there.  There are plenty of players that make me uneasy like Gary and Sweat.  If they get drafted I will hope like hell they are better than I think they will be.

Again I am okay with people having opinions.  I just want them to realize they are just that.  Opinions.  

Whatdrought posted about Allen pre-draft here is what I wrote:

Allen SCREAMS bust to me.  In the same vain of who the hell is Blaine Gabbert?  Remember him?  Played at Missouri and had subpar stats but went in the 1st round.  I don't THINK Allen will work out in the NFL.  If he is drafted by the Bills I will hope like hell I am wrong.  I've been wrong plenty of times before.  I just won't be as excited as I will be if the pick is Rosen or Mayfield.  Choosing Allen OVER Rosen as this thread suggests and I will be very disappointed.  

After he was drafted I didn't add anything to it.  I didn't come here and rail against the stupid Bills and I'm glad because 1 year later I would look really foolish.  Even when I disagree with a pick I understand that some young man's dream has just come true.  Imagine getting drafted by the Bills and seeing that the fan base hates you before you even play a down.  What are the chances you re-sign?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, eball said:

That right there is what really drags the forum down.  Too many know-it-alls.

Having strong opinions is different from “being certain it is a fact”. I have a sister-in-law like that. She can drive you crazy “knowing” everything. 

4 minutes ago, section122 said:

I'm all for opinions.  I'm all for disagreement.  This draft is cool for fans but a life changing moment for the players.  For some reason though people think they know exactly how someone's career will turn out because they listened to Mel Kiper and watched a youtube video.

You don't have to like the pick but the hyperbole that will be posted tonight will be ridiculous.  We had a long time poster quit the board because they took the wrong Josh.  We have a poster who's handle is wrong josh.  Just a ***** way to be a fan imo.

On April 25th, 2018: Section122:

Most of all us fall into the bolded.  Allen SCREAMS bust to me.  In the same vain of who the hell is Blaine Gabbert?  Remember him?  Played at Missouri and had subpar stats but went in the 1st round.  I don't THINK Allen will work out in the NFL.  If he is drafted by the Bills I will hope like hell I am wrong.  I've been wrong plenty of times before.  I just won't be as excited as I will be if the pick is Rosen or Mayfield.  Choosing Allen OVER Rosen as this thread suggests and I will be very disappointed.  

We all have our moments. ;)

Also, It turns out that @WRONG JOSH is actually that long time poster who said he would leave for several years if we took Allen over Rosen... He just re-branded. You can tell because in the above thread there are a bunch of posts by wrong josh, but when anyone else quotes them, the quote box says kdiggz

4 minutes ago, eball said:

That right there is what really drags the forum down.  Too many know-it-alls.

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

Ralph is NOT cheap? The FO ISN’T a bunch of clowns? I’m confused. 

I try not to get upset about things I have no control over. Important life lesson.  I have opinions, but I’m not losing my mind no matter what happens. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Having strong opinions is different from “being certain it is a fact”. I have a sister-in-law like that. She can drive you crazy “knowing” everything. 

Well at least some people got the point of the thread lol :thumbsup:

Just now, whatdrought said:

On April 25th, 2018: Section122:

We all have our moments. ;)

Also, It turns out that @WRONG JOSH is actually that long time poster who said he would leave for several years if we took Allen over Rosen... He just re-branded. You can tell because in the above thread there are a bunch of posts by wrong josh, but when anyone else quotes them, the quote box says kdiggz

I'm not hiding it.  I put it in this thread here.  

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

If he is drafted by the Bills I will hope like hell I am wrong.  I've been wrong plenty of times before.  I just won't be as excited as I will be if the pick is Rosen or Mayfield.  Choosing Allen OVER Rosen as this thread suggests and I will be very disappointed.  

This is the part though that saves me.  I have my opinions just like anyone else but I can be and am certainly wrong plenty.  Shoot I was basically a founding member of the CoT!  I understand that and think this place would be better if more people did.

• Like (+1) 1

The mead football evaluation crew is keeping quiet. 

I’ll be happy with whoever they take. 

I have no say who they pick. 

Those who think they are smarter than the experts should quit their job and join the Bills.  

?????????????????

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, mead107 said:

Those who think they are smarter than the experts should quit their job and join the Bills.  

?????????????????

I honestly did not expect a "hey be happy for the kid who just achieved his lifelong dream" thread to go so sideways! :lol:

Just now, hondo in seattle said:

I might not be a fan of every one of Beane's picks.  

But I am a fan of every player we draft.  

Dammit I should just edit down the op with this.  Thank you for putting it so concisely!

8 minutes ago, section122 said:

Allen SCREAMS bust to me.  In the same vain of who the hell is Blaine Gabbert?  Remember him?  Played at Missouri and had subpar stats but went in the 1st round.  

How can you not like a guy named Blaine Gabbert?

2 minutes ago, mead107 said:

?????????????????

Can we make that the Patriots*, please? 

15 minutes ago, section122 said:

:rolleyes: 

here is what I wrote:

Except I can guarantee tonight there will be many people that mock the pick, explode because they don't like the pick, etc.  Don't be that guy.  Don't be an embarrassment to our fan base.  Welcome the player as he achieves his life long dream.  Don't be Eagles fans booing McNabb and don't be a wrongjosh poster.  Be excited.  Today is Christmas morning and the Bills get to add young talent to an already exciting young core.

You don't have to like the pick.  Just have actual reasons not to like the pick.  Also understand that you could be wrong.

There are several posters here that do a lot of work scouting these guys.  There are also a lot of posters here who do no work but read 1 article and form a rock solid opinion.  This place is for discussion and disagreement.  A certain wrestling manager commentary is a perfect example of a poster who, no matter who is chosen, will speak about it as the dumbest pick ever with no reasoning.

So if someone doesn’t like the pick, are they still required to be excited or will that be an embarrassment to the franchise?

You could just let people react however they like and not let it bother you.