Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Virgil

TSW Mock Draft 3.0 Final - Completed

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

A really short smoke screen.

Russell Wilson takes umbrage with your statement sir..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that we will have one draft where he doesn’t go 1st overall.  

 

What wins out though, Gettlemen’s history of not trading or his love for Murray...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I like that we will have one draft where he doesn’t go 1st overall.  

 

What wins out though, Gettlemen’s history of not trading or his love for Murray...

I was under the impression he was more into big, pocket passers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

What was the logic?  I agree with this selection if it is what they should do, not if you think it is what they will do.

Entirely what they should do

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

@BuffAloneis on the clock

 

You really thing Murray is all a smoke screen?

It's possible that they are hoping Oakland trades up for him. It might be very quite to not upset Carr.

 

I do think they will take him, which I just don't feel is the right move for them. If they can move back, it will be significantly better for the entire franshise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m on the west coast, so the raiders pick will probably have to wait til 11am est.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Hey Virgil, as it's getting late what leeway is there on the overnight draft picks?

 

Last draft was 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. EST each day. Guessing it will be similar.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

 

Last draft was 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. EST each day. Guessing it will be similar.

 

This

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The J-E-T-S select Edge rusher Josh Allen Kentucky.

 

The AFC East is now the AFC Josh Allens

 

New Era and Oakland are on the clock

 

**** EDIT ****

With the morning commute over and being settled in

 

Analysis - Really wanted to trade down. Not too many guys in this draft seem top 5 worthy, especially with the JETS schemes and needs. The Jets also have no second round pick, so this pick had to count and fit scheme.

 

From what I know the Jets need OL help - especially LT and C.

The best OT in this draft are natural RT types. Dillard seems the best natural LT, but is average at run blocking.

I don't think anyone is drafting C at #3

 

I looked at a CB to pair opposite T Johnson and make that secondary fierce with their young S, but I'm not sold on any CB as a top 5 pick.

 

Same with WR, I'd have loved to get Darnold an explosive playmaker, and I know some people think DK Metcalf is the second coming, but my disabled mom has better lateral movement and hands.

 

Some very good DL prospects but Gregg Williams runs a 3-4 base in NY.

I also think NYC will riot if another DL is drafted in the early first round by the Jets.

 

My decision came down to TE TJ Hockenson (Rated top 10 by CBS and Walter Football),

Devin White (but CJ Mosely acquisition tempered this)

and Josh Allen.

 

I think Gregg Williams would like having a chess piece like Allen to move around, and it should help boost their pass rush.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Kyler Murray is on the board at 5, the Buc's pick is VERY available for a team that wants to jump in front of the Giants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After much back and forth between John Gruden, Mike Mayock and Bowl Cut McGee, the soon to be Las Vegas Raiders select Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma.  

 

It’s too late to cut Derek Carr this season, but his dead cap following this year is only 5 mill, making this an easy decision.  Gruden gets a QB with an arsenal of tricks in his tool belt.  Las Vegas gets a fresh and promising face to its franchise.  Bowl Cut McGee needs some new friends that can be honest with him and tell him his haircut blows.

 

@Chuck Wagon and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are on the clock

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK.

 

The Bucs pick is very available if a team wants to get Haskins in front of the Giants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, different order, but same basic top 4. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Ed Oliver, DT, Houston.  

 

The Bucs desperately want to move down as there are several players on the board they would be equally happy to draft, but given a lack of offers and in the best interest of keeping this thing moving, they make their pick.  The team is desperate to add pass rush and the best available edge rushers (Sweat, Burns) feel like aggressive picks at this range.  Other positions were considered, but they feel Oliver is a guy who can potentially move around the formation and pair with either McCoy or Vea (or all 3 on the field at the same time).  Rumors have persisted about McCoy's future, but at this time the team feels he's too valuable to move on from unless an interesting offer arises.

 

@mrags and the New York Giants are on the clock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are really not going to like the Bills options at 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

People are really not going to like the Bills options at 9

 

 

With the way the winds are currently blowing, Oliver as high as 3, only 1 QB in the top 8, the best plan of action might be an aggressive move up to get a guy like Williams or Allen.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

 

 

With the way the winds are currently blowing, Oliver as high as 3, only 1 QB in the top 8, the best plan of action might be an aggressive move up to get a guy like Williams or Allen.

Not at all.....I view 15 guys as top 10 talent.  If Oliver is gone, we can still get white, Gary, Wilkins, jonah, taylor,  burns, sweat, tj....and if QBs fall we might be able to trade down.  Yes it would suck to not get one of those guys but it's not a nightmare scenario and we dont need to move up unless they really value a player over the rest.

Edited by bkep32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bkep32 said:

Not at all.....I view 15 guys as top 10 talent.  If Oliver is gone, we can still get white, Gary, Wilkins, jonah, taylor,  burns, sweat, tj....and if QBs fall we might be able to trade down.  Yes it would suck to not get one of those guys but it's not a nightmare scenario 

 

I have concerns about Gary (screams workout guy, production was lacking and I'm not willing to write it off on coaching, I don't care where they put you on the field, if you are surrounded by NFL talent and facing inferior opponents most weeks, you should produce) / Burns (really worry about his playing weight last year, does not seem like a guy who is going to ever set an edge) / Sweat (medical flag) / Jonah (can he be a NFL LT?) / Taylor (why did he play RT?) / Wilkins (opposite of Gary, feels like he was brought up by his supporting cast).  I like White and TJ, but others have raised some valid questions about position value and already having Edmuds / Milano.

 

I think you are too generous with your "top 10 talent" label.  I think there's clear blue chip talent (Bosa, Allen, Williams, maybe Oliver, maybe White) and then you are likely to get the same caliber player at ~8 as 15, doesn't mean those guys are top 10 guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes that's why they are blue chip players and should be gone by 5.  But every prospect will have some sort of concerns labeled on them.  I guess we will find out thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

Yes that's why they are blue chip players and should be gone by 5.  But every prospect will have some sort of concerns labeled on them.  I guess we will find out thursday.

If you are just looking at talent, I am not sure Murray is top 5.  However, he plays the most important position and thus gets bonus points in the draft room.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Russell Wilson takes umbrage with your statement sir..

Russel Wilson, Drew Brees and what about all the other guys.  Tyrod Taylor who is actually taller than that agrees with me.  Guess what though, Wilson and Brees dont get balls batted at the LOS.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im the Seahawks?  I was the Broncos in V3 just before it started.  

 

Dont know how that happened, but since it did I guess the Seahawks are open for business on a trade down to accumulate more picks.  

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

 

 

With the way the winds are currently blowing, Oliver as high as 3, only 1 QB in the top 8, the best plan of action might be an aggressive move up to get a guy like Williams or Allen.

 

The bills are not likely going to trade up from 9, can we do one mock that reflects that?  They are more likely to trade down from 9 than up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

 

I have concerns about Gary (screams workout guy, production was lacking and I'm not willing to write it off on coaching, I don't care where they put you on the field, if you are surrounded by NFL talent and facing inferior opponents most weeks, you should produce) / Burns (really worry about his playing weight last year, does not seem like a guy who is going to ever set an edge) / Sweat (medical flag) / Jonah (can he be a NFL LT?) / Taylor (why did he play RT?) / Wilkins (opposite of Gary, feels like he was brought up by his supporting cast).  I like White and TJ, but others have raised some valid questions about position value and already having Edmuds / Milano.

 

I think you are too generous with your "top 10 talent" label.  I think there's clear blue chip talent (Bosa, Allen, Williams, maybe Oliver, maybe White) and then you are likely to get the same caliber player at ~8 as 15, doesn't mean those guys are top 10 guys.

 

There are guys going 8-15 this year that would go top 5 in most drafts.  What order they go this year doesn’t indicate their talent.  The top 10 is loaded with blue chip prospects.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...