DT, Quinnen Williams visiting the Bills

wppete

44 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

wow thats a hell of a read and and awesome effort by those folks.
 saying Bills stay at nine , and finding the DT via trade with Tampa for McCoy. I had been wondering if they were watching the birds on the wire for this guy.
if so the rest of the picks make sense. and McD gets giddy with all that D line they have. and the rotations they could run in. Sweat is a fine pick imo and will develop as called out in the cbs link. helluva a mock
thanks for the share Adam  

You're welcome! I'd love this draft, myself!

So incredibly myopic, got it. I find it hard to believe that a team with a raw rookie QB, a terrible OL and an undrafted rookie as its most dangerous offensive weapon is somehow going to be better than next years'? I just don't see that... 

I'm far from a sunshine pumper, but we'll be at least middle-of-the road.

* * * I'd like to go on record and state that I have a gut feeling that Quinnen Williams will not live up to expectations.* * *

Not necessarily a 'bust', but just not worthy of the accolades he's currently receiving.  I know you shouldn't judge a player by just one game but this game, the 2019 National Championship against Clemson left me underwhelmed with his seeming lack of effort and effectiveness.  Sorry, I just don't see it.  I feel like Ed Oliver would run circles around Quinnen and is the much better 3-tech DT in this draft.  Just a gut feeling.  

I'm ready.  Flame away.

Edited by Peace Frog

46 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

* * * I'd like to go on record and state that I have a gut feeling that Quinnen Williams will not live up to expectations.* * *

Not necessarily a 'bust', but just not worthy of the accolades he's currently receiving.  I know you can't judge a player by just one game but this game, the 2019 National Championship against Clemson left me underwhelmed with his effort and effectiveness.  Sorry, I just don't see it.  I feel like Ed Oliver would run circles around Quinnen as is the much better 3-tech DT in this draft.  Just a gut feeling.  

I'm ready.  Flame away.

Bold statement.  

9 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Not necessarily a 'bust', but just not worthy of the accolades he's currently receiving.  I know you can't judge a player by just one game but this game, the 2019 National Championship against Clemson left me underwhelmed with his effort and effectiveness.  Sorry, I just don't see it.  I feel like Ed Oliver would run circles around Quinnen as is the much better 3-tech DT in this draft.  Just a gut feeling.  

I'm ready.  Flame away.

https://binged.it/2GnjEkX

?

Edited by freddyjj

9 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I'm ready.  Flame away.

no need to flame you but you even stated "I know you can't judge a player by just one game"

I'll just leave it at that.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I'm ready.  Flame away.

You just contradicted yourself, you said you can't judge a player by just one game, yet you are judging him by that 1 game. lol

33 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

no need to flame you but you even stated "I know you can't judge a player by just one game"

I'll just leave it at that.

Was about to post the same

• Like (+1) 1

I think the best you can do is group players at a position in tiers.  At DT I see a top 3, and then a group of 5.  If we can get a top 3 DT by staying at #9, let us do that.   There is always some uncertainty in how a player develops into a pro. There is always differences in how a player is "good" (example:  anchor versus penetrate) and how he complements your other players and overall defense.   Apples and oranges, slightly different techniques.

We should try to move up our 2nd and/or 3rd round picks to get a difference maker.

Quinnen Williams or Leonard Williams? I don't even think it's close.  IF Williams falls to 5 beano will and should pull the trigger.  The reason I believe he could slip to 5 is the position he plays isn't valued as high like defensive end.  

4 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

You just contradicted yourself, you said you can't judge a player by just one game, yet you are judging him by that 1 game. lol

Was about to post the same

Corrected.  Thanks for pointing it out.

• Like (+1) 1