TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

31 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I need a backup option for @Bakin if he doesn’t make his pick by 1pm

https://www.therams.com/news/2019-rams-mock-draft-roundup-sixth-edition

looks like there are needs all over the defense, and offensive line. 

Pass rusher 

DT

DB

T

C

Bradburry and Dexter Lawrence both make some sense to me. 

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

https://www.therams.com/news/2019-rams-mock-draft-roundup-sixth-edition

looks like there are needs all over the defense, and offensive line. 

Pass rusher 

DT

DB

T

C

Bradburry and Dexter Lawrence both make some sense to me. 

Cool. You can make the pick at 1 if it’s not in. Thanks friend!

So many options left for the Patriots. 

I really think they trade down from the spot but Lawrence, Irv, Hollywood, Deionte Thompson, Abrams, even Ferguson and Winovich all could be argued for among other guys.

Well I just missed out on Lawrence who was going to be drafted to fill the Wilfork role.  Probably just as well as the trade for Bennett shows that 4-3 is much more likely as a base alignment.  As I mentioned there are a lot of players that would fit for the Cheats at this spot.

I think Bennett replaces Flowers and Wynn replaces Trent Brown.  That leaves TE as the position that needs to be replaced but they have only met with Jace Sternberger who would likely be available later in the draft.  I like a few of the safeties as the Pats* do a great job of being 1 year ahead of schedule.  McCourty and or Chung could be playing their final year so Abrams or Thompson make sense. 

That said I think getting Brady some help is the focus here.  So it comes down to Hakeem Butler or Marquise "Hollywood" Brown.

With the 32nd pick in the TSW Mock Draft, the Foxboro Habitual Line Steppers select Marquise "Hollywood" Brown.  We all know they love their slot receivers and Edelman is very near the end.  Brown works very well with short area quickness.  His foot injury is a concern and his hands can be at times as well.  There were plenty of options and it was eye opening to find out the Pats* have 6 of the top 101 picks in this draft.  They might have a lot of needs now but I expect many of them to be filled with this draft.

Thanks for running this @Virgil :beer:

Edited by section122
  • Like (+1) 1

All done!  Thank you everyone. 

When I get home tonight, I’ll start the process for the trade mock and put something out. 

Need to figure out how how to include everyone and how to keep it somewhat realistic 

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

All done!  Thank you everyone. 

When I get home tonight, I’ll start the process for the trade mock and put something out. 

Need to figure out how how to include everyone and how to keep it somewhat realistic 

Thanks again Virgil!! I look forward to the one with trades.

The easiest idea is to require all trades to be within 50 points on the trade value chart (or something). It gets tricky if people can trade for players but should work with picks.

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The easiest idea is to require all trades to be within 50 points on the trade value chart (or something). It gets tricky if people can trade for players but should work with picks.

Good suggestion.  I was thinking about a commissioner to approve trades but that will be balky.  Maybe exception to your suggestion is for a QB - make it higher as there are premiums paid for QBs.

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I was thinking about a min of 300 for picks in the top 10, 200 for 11-20, 100 for the rest of round 1.  

And yes, trades will need to be approved.  I was going to ask for a volunteer commissioner

just two of the things I’m debating 

Nice. If anyone wants a recap Virgil kept up with it in the main post or you can look at the spreadsheet here.

Daniel Jeremiah's Best Remaining:
Garrett Bradbury, C, NC State

Jonathan Abram, S, Mississippi State

Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama

Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia

Nasir Adderly, S, Delaware

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I was thinking about a min of 300 for picks in the top 10, 200 for 11-20, 100 for the rest of round 1.  

And yes, trades will need to be approved.  I was going to ask for a volunteer commissioner

just two of the things I’m debating 

@Virgil - I am willing to step away from picking for the 1 round draft with trades and give someone else a chance if I can have my place back with the Texans for the 3 round draft (much more my bag).

In the meantime I am very happy to volunteer as trade commissioner - depending on when you are doing the draft. I am in Hungary from Friday night to Monday evening on Brexit business and sadly I don't think I will have much chance to dip onto the forum (and it sometimes only works on wifi in continental Europe as well). 

Edited by GunnerBill

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

@Virgil - I am willing to step away from picking for the 1 round draft with trades and give someone else a chance if I can have my place back with the Texans for the 3 round draft (much more my bag).

In the meantime I am very happy to volunteer as trade commissioner - depending on when you are doing the draft. I am in Hungary from Friday night to Monday evening on Brexit business and sadly I don't think I will have much chance to dip onto the forum (and it sometimes only works on wifi in continental Europe as well). 

I'm willing to make the same offer with the Colts.  Someone can have my spot in the "trades" mock if I can have the team back in the 3 round mock.

21 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I'm willing to make the same offer with the Colts.  Someone can have my spot in the "trades" mock if I can have the team back in the 3 round mock.

Same for me. The 3 round draft holds more interest for me than a 1-rounder with trades. Also available to help, if needed.