AAF in serious danger of folding. UPDATE: AAF Suspends ALL Operations!

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....so then why does MLB and NHL have longstanding, vast minor league developmental levels?.....I have to preface by question by realistically comparing length of seasons....162 vs 80 vs 16, SUBSTANTIAL differences.....NFLE seemed to be working although I'm not sure about across the pond.....Gunner Bill is in the UK and can speak to interest first hand.....and then it vanished...

Because the NHL and MLB are sports that draw from a world talent pool bud

The good ol US of A is the only country in the world that plays this sport at an elite level and after 3-5 years in D1 weight rooms they are 95% developed and the cream rises

there are college all Americans every year who can’t make the league ... because of talent... that shows you how amazing these NFL guys are

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

The good ol US of A is the only country in the world that plays this sport at an elite level and after 3-5 years in D1 weight rooms they are 95% developed and the cream rises

there are college all Americans every year who can’t make the league ... because of talent... that shows you how amazing these NFL guys are

...DAMN good point......shoulda known I'd miss THAT boat....back to the SS Minnow with Ginger.....oh well......

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m not surprised. I’ve watch a few Orlando games and the fans have progressively lessened to around TEN yesterday. 

And they’re the best team in the League! Yesterday’s game vs Chicago was actually pretty entertaining, but the final 5 minutes took over a half an hour. I got so bored, I starting counting fans. That took less time than a 30 second Time Out...

I have watched the first 3 weeks. Have been too busy since then. I believe that is probably an issue.

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's not just talent, it's development too. Players fall through the cracks because of poor coaching, injury, being outnumbered, etc.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

It's not just talent, it's development too. Players fall through the cracks because of poor coaching, injury, being outnumbered, etc.

There are always underdog success stories in the NFL... and almost all are given shots in the NFL

they aren’t developing high end players and they never will... because the players with the ability to become high end players are still signed to Practice squad contracts and reserve contracts and are brought in UDFA...

at best they are developing role players with specific scheme fits, which NFL teams already do with the practice squad , future contracts and UDFAs

These 22-23 year olds have already gone through 3-5 years of D1 weight training , and are for the most part fully developed... their are thousands and thousands of D1 players who were very good who can’t make the league 

those are primarily the players in this league... glorified semi pro players... not that there is ANYTHING wrong with that

id do that in a heartbeat

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I was surprised it got off the ground in the first place. 

The NFL has worked hard at having relevance for 365 days a year. They have fine tuned their offseason schedule to keep fans interested. I don’t have the energy to watch a single second of an inferior league.    

The break from football is what makes each step exciting again. I’m not ready for football, I will get hyped for the draft, then it dies down until TC and fantasy talk heats up again.

Edited by CommonCents
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

The stiry you cited was posted a few days ago in that thread.

That’s my point, that thread has mostly been about the league in general, most people stopped going to it.  

That  would be like having one universal Josh Allen thread or one universal Free Agency thread.   But there’s different threads for different stories related to each 

All good, just thought this was worth its own dedicated discussion 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'd rather football have a minor league than use college for that purpose.

....college is free developmental.......minor league would cost money and the financially beleaguered NFL owners could never afford it.....probably mass Chapter 11 filings on that horizon.....

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....college is free developmental.......minor league would cost money and the financially beleaguered NFL owners could never afford it.....probably mass Chapter 11 filings on that horizon.....

Oh lord of the ellipsis, I humbly put forth the notion that the nfl owners have ample money to absorb the creation of a minor league.

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Failing does not surprise me at all. Failing so soon shocks me! What were they thinking? How did this go so wrong so fast??? 

They needed a genius like Doug Whaley running things, but Vince McMahon beat them to him.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Right- Fred Jackson and Kurt Warner are such interesting stories because they are so incredibly rare. 

It isnt like there’s some huge pool of guys out there and the league will suddenly be changed. With or without AAF you’ll have the same quality product on the field 

And Kurt Warner DID sign an NFL contract out of college 

The NFL DID SEE his talent out of college to sign him... which was my point

They will find you...

All players could use more development.. 100%... that doesn’t mean the 1% of anomalies (Kurt Warner) need their own developmental league 

as you said , it’s super rare... and the cream always rises to the top in the NFL