Unicorn experience.

I had what can only be described as a unicorn experience yesterday. The new phone I got from Verizon went paps up after three months. So, I called Verizon and had what can only be described as an OUTSTANDING customer service experience with a south-asian call center. The person who handled my call was polite, professional, listened when i explained the troubleshooting I had already done, escalated my call to tier two, and expedited an overnight shipment of a brand-new replacement.

Wow. Way better than any experience I've ever had with Verizon's tech support before.

Thought I'd share. I'd like to hear about your great customer service experiences (that were completely unexpected), too.

3 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

i've never had a bad customer service experience with verizon, wireless of fios.  My interactions have always been professional and in a timely manner

They aren't too bad.    Of course it took my wife's replacement phone dying 3 months after a replacement  to get a NEW new phone and the credit for paying off the older phones. 

A couple years ago I had to replace my modem for cable/phone.  This was shortly after Spectrum bought out Time Warner Cable.  What was supposed to be a simple swap-out turned into a nightmare.  I called customer service (in the U.S.) and explained that my Internet was working, but my phone was still not working.

The rep proceeded to insist that I didn't have Internet.  I was on twobillsdrive while I was talking to her.  I told her, "I'm navigating the Internet as we speak; my Internet is fine."

I politely told her that I could assure her that my Internet was working and that my only issue was the phone.  As if she was trolling me, she continued to insist that I had no Internet connection. 

Now I'm getting heated.

We play the back and forth game for another minute or two and I asked to speak to her supervisor.  She ignored my request and proceeded to tell me, "what I need to do."   Finally, I snapped and screamed at the top of my lungs, "WHAT I NEED TO DO IS SPEAK TO YOUR F**KING SUPERVISOR!!!!"

Click.  She hangs up on me.

Suddenly, now, I have no Internet.  The B word somehow turned me off.

I call back ... literally on the border of tears, I'm so pissed.

I spoke to a woman who was INCREDIBLY helpful.  She had my Internet and phone up and running and then OFFERS to take a look at my billing.  She went over what I was paying/getting and - without me even requesting - hooks me up with a better package for less money.

It was one of the best CS experiences I've ever had, ironically following the absolute worst CS experience I'd have had.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I had what can only be described as a unicorn experience yesterday. The new phone I got from Verizon went paps up after three months. So, I called Verizon and had what can only be described as an OUTSTANDING customer service experience with a south-asian call center. The person who handled my call was polite, professional, listened when i explained the troubleshooting I had already done, escalated my call to tier two, and expedited an overnight shipment of a brand-new replacement.

Wow. Way better than any experience I've ever had with Verizon's tech support before.

Thought I'd share. I'd like to hear about your great customer service experiences (that were completely unexpected), too.

I call BS, what you are describing sounds more like finding a unicorn bathing in a lepracauns pot of gold at the end of the rainbow with Sasquatch........

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

I call BS, what you are describing sounds more like finding a unicorn bathing in a lepracauns pot of gold at the end of the rainbow with Sasquatch........

I know, right? I was in the car with a friend when I made the call, and even he was like "what the heck? That can't be Verizon."

:lol:

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

I know, right? I was in the car with a friend when I made the call, and even he was like "what the heck? That can't be Verizon."

:lol:

Now had you added in that they also offered to cut your bill in half for your service because of the inconvenience, I would say that it elevates it to the unicorn and Sasquatch bathing in the gold celebrating a Bill's SB victory after the Patriots franchise is forced to fold because of multiple cheating scandals and PED use dating back to the start of BB and Brady, and the league revoking their previous SB wins......

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

We play the back and forth game for another minute or two and I asked to speak to her supervisor.  She ignored my request and proceeded to tell me, "what I need to do."   Finally, I snapped and screamed at the top of my lungs, "WHAT I NEED TO DO IS SPEAK TO YOUR F**KING SUPERVISOR!!!!"

LOL   

You must have been leaching off of your neighbors WiFi  .... 

I just recently dumped Verizon because all they had was broadband and it was slow as molasses in February 

Comcast / Xfinity is so much faster 

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

LOL   

You must have been leaching off of your neighbors WiFi  .... 

Actually, when my wife left me, she transferred the cable over to her new apartment.  So I needed to get entirely new service.

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Actually, when my wife left me, she transferred the cable over to her new apartment.  So I needed to get entirely new service.

that B word    

I'm surprised the lady didn't ask if your phone isn't working how are you talking to me  

me being her 

We bought our couch a little under 4 years ago.  In the last week or so, something went wrong in the springs.  I figured we were pretty much out of luck, but for the hell of it I called the store yesterday hoping there was a warranty covering it.  Without even asking to check it out, they quickly ordered the new springs and have set up a time with a tech to replace them.  I went in expecting to be screwed and needing a new couch, but instead we're taken care of.  Pleasant surprise.

That said, we had some issues with customer support with this company back when we initially bought the couch.  We never wound up receiving replacement pillows that they were supposed to send, and I eventually gave up on it because it wasn't worth the hassle to get a couple throw pillows.  So I won't believe that these springs will be delivered until they're actually sitting at my door.

Chick Fil A is well known for their customer service, and I have a little story that demonstrates it.

Was waiting at a drive-thru for breakfast one morning.  The line was not moving at all.  I had already put my order in, was like 3 or 4 cars from the window, stuck between cars.  Couldn't get out of line if I wanted to and just leave.  Was there at least 10 minutes without moving.  Maybe even 15.  Again, I can't move anywhere.  I was getting so mad.  So, so mad.  Finally the line moves.  I drive up to the window and they say "sorry for the delay today, this morning's breakfast is on us."  I didn't ask for it, I didn't demand it, they just did what was right on their own.  On top of that, when I get back and went to eat the food, there were numerous coupons for free items on other visits, like real items, not a drink or something.  Left a really good impression on me.

Edited by Mark80

Wow... Ain't that special.  Heck, aren't we all special!

The World is made for you!  Each and every one of us!  

41Z1cOastRL.jpg

33 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Yeah yeah yeah words don't mean *****. Get back to us when you get your replacement.  In the meantime I'll be over here reading War and Peace.  

Now there's the spirit!  ??

Local Toyota dealer left and empty can of power steering fluid in my engine compartment after routine service.  I took pictures and emailed the service representative who in turn forwarded it to the customer service manager. He wrote back and left a message apologizing profusely and tacked a $50 credit onto my account...this was after they had to come pick my truck up on a rollback a few months before due to my brakes not working after they serviced it.

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

A couple years ago I had to replace my modem for cable/phone.  This was shortly after Spectrum bought out Time Warner Cable.  What was supposed to be a simple swap-out turned into a nightmare.  I called customer service (in the U.S.) and explained that my Internet was working, but my phone was still not working.

The rep proceeded to insist that I didn't have Internet.  I was on twobillsdrive while I was talking to her.  I told her, "I'm navigating the Internet as we speak; my Internet is fine."

I politely told her that I could assure her that my Internet was working and that my only issue was the phone.  As if she was trolling me, she continued to insist that I had no Internet connection. 

Now I'm getting heated.

I spoke to a woman who was INCREDIBLY helpful.  She had my Internet and phone up and running and then OFFERS to take a look at my billing.  She went over what I was paying/getting and - without me even requesting - hooks me up with a better package for less money.

It was one of the best CS experiences I've ever had, ironically following the absolute worst CS experience I'd have had.

What was your bill 12 months later?

Ouch?

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

Now I'm getting heated.

While this is helpful, they technically get commission for a sale when they do that, so it wasn't just out of the kindness of her heart.