MAJBobby

OT Ty Nsekhe (Redskins) to the Bills

1 hour ago, JM57 said:

I've seen all of it. It doesn't mean I understand the hype. I've seen people locking him in to start at left tackle. I've seen people thinking the Bills will get "top ten" level play out of him. 

There are some incredibly high hopes here for a guy who has shown to be a top tier backup and spot starter. It's a HUGE leap from "best backup" to "good starter."

I agree. Hold Your horses!!

On 3/15/2019 at 6:21 AM, JM57 said:

Had a really good post typed up and hit the back button on my phone browser and wiped it away so I'm gonna just give a quick and easy summary of what I was saying...

We want these guys to be top flight backups on this team. They seem to have shown that's what they are on their previous teams, it's expecting a lot of them to be GOOD starters. Just because they're better than Mills and Ducasse doesn't mean this team should be patting themselves on the back and calling it a day if they're serious about keeping Allen protected

I wonder if they want top-flight backups because they plan on taking riskier, 'higher ceiling/lower floor' type OL in the draft. 

If over the next two years the above drafted players get close to their ceiling, then they're high-quality starters. If they don't come close, the Bills have serviceable players to fill in in the meantime, and can draft/sign bluechip guys in 2 years.

2 hours ago, junior12thman92 said:

I wonder if they want top-flight backups because they plan on taking riskier, 'higher ceiling/lower floor' type OL in the draft. 

If over the next two years the above drafted players get close to their ceiling, then they're high-quality starters. If they don't come close, the Bills have serviceable players to fill in in the meantime, and can draft/sign bluechip guys in 2 years.

Thoughtful post !

i want to say i am going to cheer for this Kid. His background story is enough, if his demeanor were not : )

love The Process

12 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Thoughtful post !

i want to say i am going to cheer for this Kid. His background story is enough, if his demeanor were not : )

love The Process

...did he sign bud?...thought he was the lone wolf.............

I am all on board this hype train.  This guy wasn't on my radar, but wow, just went over some all 22 of him and I'm really impressed.

Watched the Falcons game.  He started at LT and I didn't see him get beat once.  They must have had an injury or something as he played most of the 2nd half at left guard- equally effective.  Stud.

This guy is a sure fire starter.  What a value signing.

• Like (+1) 2

I don't know if this has been discussed in this thread already, but I wonder if Beane/McD are thinking about moving Dawkings to LG, and Nsekhe at LT? 

Ty Nsekhe, OT, Buffalo Bills

The deal: Two years, $14.5 million, $7.7 million guaranteed

Why it's underrated: You really have to dig deep for why we love Nsekhe, seeing as he has never played more than 403 snaps in a single season. When you take into consideration his performance over his last three seasons in Washington -- where he played just 1,093 snaps -- you get one of the better tackles in the NFL. Over that span, Nsekhe has an overall PFF grade of 71.6 and has been good in both pass protection and in the run game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/26263726/picking-most-underrated-overrated-2019-nfl-free-agent-signings

Top 5 most underrated signings.... 2 bills cracked the list

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Really hoping this is an Andrew Whitworth type of deal. Grant it, Whitworth was an established player when he signed with the rams but Ty is the same age when he signed. AW is a stall worth in that offense 

43 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Really hoping this is an Andrew Whitworth type of deal. Grant it, Whitworth was an established player when he signed with the rams but Ty is the same age when he signed. AW is a stall worth in that offense 

Is that more of what one might consider a Donte stall worth or a John stall worth?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Ty Nsekhe, OT, Buffalo Bills

The deal: Two years, $14.5 million, $7.7 million guaranteed

Why it's underrated: You really have to dig deep for why we love Nsekhe, seeing as he has never played more than 403 snaps in a single season. When you take into consideration his performance over his last three seasons in Washington -- where he played just 1,093 snaps -- you get one of the better tackles in the NFL. Over that span, Nsekhe has an overall PFF grade of 71.6 and has been good in both pass protection and in the run game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/26263726/picking-most-underrated-overrated-2019-nfl-free-agent-signings

Top 5 most underrated signings.... 2 bills cracked the list

Who was the other bill? It's insider so I can't see.

interesting i had thought it was a one year deal for 7 mil?  this makes it a little more likely they may not view as a starter whereas with the 7 mil number he would be.  still could be the best backup tackle in the league. 

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

interesting i had thought it was a one year deal for 7 mil?  this makes it a little more likely they may not view as a starter whereas with the 7 mil number he would be.  still could be the best backup tackle in the league. 

As with the other OL signings (besides Morse) it’s a “he will compete for a starting role” contract 

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

As with the other OL signings (besides Morse) it’s a “he will compete for a starting role” contract 

He'll have to compete, but IMHO he's already penned-in as a starting OT.  Which side is the question.

Allows for line fluidity.  At minimum he appears to be an improvement over Mills.  The move doesnt prohibite them from drafting a OT early in the draft.  It fills a hole and opens up who they can take at 9.  

I thought it was a 2-year $14.5M deal?  I guess that was the max with incentives.  Really good deal!