OT Ty Nsekhe (Redskins) to the Bills

MAJBobby

This guy looks like an animal in the highlights,  I genuinely enjoyed watching him throw people into the stands in the AFL video.  Rag-dolling Clowney for an entire game like that is impressive.  I don't know enough about him to guess if he can perform consistently for sixteen games, but the highlight videos were encouraging nonetheless. Do we know if he can play on the right-side without a drop-off in play? Or would his starting require Dawkins either making the flip or kicking inside? 

Edited by Bills Survivor

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

Mr. Gray sky strikes again  

Dang..just stating a fact.I want this guy to work out..I hope he's a friggin stud...and for 7.7 next year,he better pancake.The arena football film does nothing for me to show what he has as far as rush blocking skills are concerned..do they run the ball in that league? 

I'm going to be rooting like hell for this guy to prove me wrong...and when I go out to SJF this summer...I will make sure I meet him.

5 minutes ago, billspro said:

Was it against Nsekhe? I’m pretty sure I read he gave up 0 sacks last season.

I fairly certain I read he gave up 0 sacks at LT last year. if he was playing LT that game then clowneys sacks didn't come against him.....

I think its fairly evident that little tidbit isn't gonna disparage bluesky from trying to piss in this threads cheerios though.... he'll find something else.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

9 minutes ago, papazoid said:

I see Ty playing LT and moving Dawkins to RT

Let me ask you,straight up..do you see any weakness in Taylor...do you watch the Gators on Saturdays against other SEC teams? I rank the SEC well above the arena game.

I can only judge players by what I view.

He better be a lane maker for Shady.

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Let me ask you,straight up..do you see any weakness in Taylor...do you watch the Gators on Saturdays against other SEC teams? I rank the SEC well above the arena game.

I can only judge players by what I view.

He better be a lane maker for Shady.

Taylor is a beast. I would love to have him at RT. Dawkins would be moving to G if we drafted him. We would have a dominant line though. Taylor is probably drafted before our pick.

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Dang..just stating a fact.I want this guy to work out..I hope he's a friggin stud...and for 7.7 next year,he better pancake.The arena football film does nothing for me to show what he has as far as rush blocking skills are concerned..do they run the ball in that league? 

I'm going to be rooting like hell for this guy to prove me wrong...and when I go out to SJF this summer...I will make sure I meet him.

His salary is 2 years 14.5 million, but only 7.7 is guaranteed. So the Bills could cut him after one year, pay 7.7 for a '2 year contract', or 3.7 mill a year and recoup almost 7 million to the cap next year, with about a 3 million dollar dead cap hit. The full details aren't out on Sporttrac, so I can only go on years, total and guaranteed.

I could take or leave barnwell but he has this signing rated as a B+ which ties it at the top of the FA signing list of his at ESPN. Tied with a handful of others at the top with that grade.

He mentions the only thing that kept him from an A was his knack for timely penalties. While that could grow tiresome real quick, I think its evident that this is regarded league wide as a very nice signing.

Ty Nsekhe, OT, Buffalo Bills

The deal: Two years, $14.5 million with $7.7 million guaranteed
Grade: B+

There's a lot to like with Buffalo signing Nsekhe, who was the swing tackle on an injury-hit Washington line last season. The Bills aren't making an enormous commitment to the 33-year-old tackle, given his age, but they did get what amounts to a second-year option if the former Arena League lineman doesn't impress in a starting role. The Bills have a need at tackle, and while I thought general manager Brandon Beane might target former Panthers tackle Daryl Williams, Nsekhe should immediately step in as a starter at one of the two tackle spots.

Dion Dawkins struggled in 2018, his first full season as the starter on the left side, while Nsekhe was impressive when filling in for the injured Trent Williams at left tackle. During his four seasons in Washington, Nsekhe started 16 games and allowed just five sacks, per Stats LLC. He notably handled Jadeveon Clowney when Washington faced the Texans last season.

There are two concerns keeping this from being an A grade. One is Nsekhe's propensity for penalties. He recorded seven on just 377 snaps a year ago and has 15 across 1,226 offensive snaps from his four seasons in Washington. I would be worried about the penalties popping up in Buffalo, especially given how frequently Josh Allen is inclined to scramble out of the pocket to try to make plays.

As Damien Woody noted on Twitter, Nsekhe's offensive line coach in Washington was Bill Callahan, who might very well be the best in football. The Bills just hired new offensive line coach Bobby Johnson, who has been an assistant offensive line coach and a tight ends coach in years past but will be running an offensive line room himself for the first time as an NFL coach

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

I think he has a chance to start at RT. I'm sorry but I am not moving my hand picked, 24 year old left tackle to another position for a 33 year old journeyman, one year wonder. It makes zero sense. I'm not hating on Nsehke, I'm simply stating that Dion Dawkins need to stay at left tackle until he proves that he can't do it. He's struggled a bit, but moving him off the position at this point makes no sense, especially for an older player who might just be here for a year or two. Development is important and I am confident Dion will be better. 

• Like (+1) 1