Tyrann Mathieu to Chiefs

sven233

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If Berry is healthy, their D just took a huge step forward. Love the honey badger.

Meh. The Chiefs are now owners of two of the three highest paid safeties in the league...that does not sound like a good defense to me.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Meh. The Chiefs are now owners of two of the three highest paid safeties in the league...that does not sound like a good defense to me.

That was a huge reason for Seattle’s defense.  Safety is a big position this.  See our defense.  They will now load up on cheap defense talent in the draft. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

That was a huge reason for Seattle’s defense.  Safety is a big position this.  See our defense.  They will now load up on cheap defense talent in the draft. 

Perfect example to illustrate my point....first off, Chancellor/Thomas>>>>>Berry/Mathieu. Secondly, HAVING two good safeties is good for your defense; having to PAY two good safeties is actually what killed the Seahawks defense because they couldn't afford them and everyone else. 

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Perfect example to illustrate my point....first off, Chancellor/Thomas>>>>>Berry/Mathieu. Secondly, HAVING two good safeties is good for your defense; having to PAY two good safeties is actually what killed the Seahawks defense because they couldn't afford them and everyone else. 

I guess we’ll see. I have zero doubts they will have much a better d this year (I mean they were terrible so no where to go but up). 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Great safeties can make an otherwise bad defense competent. If that makes any sense. Feels like great safeties can cover a lot of flaws in a complete crap defense.. but become more redundant in a stacked defense. 

Whereas elite pass rushers can be neutralized/game planned and have zero impact on a bad defense yet make a good defense great when they're not the only threat.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I guess we’ll see. I have zero doubts they will have much a better d this year (I mean they were terrible so no where to go but up). 

If you want a better defense, cutting Justin Houston to sign Tyrann Mathieu is personally not the direction I'd go in. We'll see.

I do know that under no circumstances would I want to be paying two of the three highest salaried safeties in the league.