Bills to Pursue RT Williams

14 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I wouldn't mind signing Williams, the team needs an RT and I think he would come at a reasonable cost. Ideally I would sign Williams, trade for Zeitler, and sign one of the better WR's available in free agency. Zeitler would cost about 12 million, Williams I imagine around 10, and a top tier WR about 12. All together that's 34 million on the cap, a number the team can easily afford, esp when you consider that there is probably another 5-10 million of fat on the roster that can be trimmed (Vlad, Ivory, and DiMarco all of whom I consider expendable would save 5 million, Murphy and Bodine could also save another 5 if you found their replacements in free agency.)

So entering in with just under 80 million with another 5-10 available if needed I think the team could spend 34 million on those trades and free agency targets to upgrade 2 spots on the O-line and add a WR. Heck I think they could do that and add a tight end and an edge rusher if they wanted and still roll over 30 million or about that. 

Williams is gonna get a lot more on his contract then what you are anticipating I think

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Williams is gonna get a lot more on his contract then what you are anticipating I think

I can't see him getting above 12 million AAV coming off of a huge injury. But then again whacky things have happened. Even if the Bills gave him 12 million AAV and traded for Zeitler they would still have well over 55 million to player with to sign another WR and fill out another need or two. 

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I can't see him getting above 12 million AAV coming off of a huge injury. But then again whacky things have happened. Even if the Bills gave him 12 million AAV and traded for Zeitler they would still have well over 55 million to player with to sign another WR and fill out another need or two. 

I think you're both right here. I think Williams will get a higher cap hit than some are expecting based on how good he was prior to his injury, but may get less guaranteed on the deal than the cap number will suggest due to the uncertainty of him going right to free agency off a missed season

4 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Good move, adding a Williams!

Maybe it's time to move on from this Williams thing.  I mean really how much did we benefit from this.  Lol. 1 playoff in 12yrs. 

Don't get me wrong I respect Kyle and the other Williams that played here but let's not act like these guys are legendary Bills.

3 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Maybe it's time to move on from this Williams thing.  I mean really how much did we benefit from this.  Lol. 1 playoff in 12yrs. 

Don't get me wrong I respect Kyle and the other Williams that played here but let's not act like these guys are legendary Bills.

Ummm...Kyle Williams IS a legendary Bill! He will be Wall Of Fame. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Lighten up, Francis.

On 3/7/2019 at 10:52 AM, Magox said:

You don't know what you are talking about!   Just because the NFL says he was the best defensive rookie of the month at the end of the season along with 43 tackles, 4 pass break ups and 2 int's in his final 4 games isn't nearly as noteworthy as Scott Law's eagle expert eye analysis.

Scott Law does not have a eagle eye; he has a vulture eye.

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not even close to an eagle eye. My vision sucks. 

But what type of eye does McDermott have given his Nate Peterman infatuation the past couple years? ?

IMO his vision got cloudy on potential and should have been evaluating him as a DC on how he would have defended against him as QB.

For offense players he needs a good partner doing evaluations and clearly his previous OC was not a good one on this issue.  

I'd love to see the professional scouting report on P5t5rman.