Eggs ? how do you eat them? Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack

mead107

I have over easy eggs for breakfast 2-3 days a week. 

Scrambled with American cheese.

love omelets,  fetta with spinach, cheese omelet,

seafood, onions and peppers, hobos, eggs Benedict. 

Lunch - egg salad,hard boiled.  

Dinner  fried egg on a burger. Pancakes and fried eggs.  

I love eggs.  Do you? 

Wholegrain toast, marmite and a fried egg.  Simple and hard to beat.  (Unless it's Eggs Benedict!)

Many of my coworkers have free range chickens on their properties, so delicious eggs are inexpensive and easy to get.

Edited by Bad Things

My diet has changed since I recently became Dad’s caregiver, but I used to have an egg/bacon/cheese breakfast sandwich every day.  Probably explains my blood pressure.

I used to whip up a fine quiche or 6 when I’d host the 10am Bills games at my house in San Fran.

When I cooked for just myself, it was always an omelette.  Now, my Dad requires hard boiled eggs on Friday, scramble on Monday.  He’s 92, been the same routine for my mere 60 years.

I f**king crave Eggs Benedict, and a Mimosa.

Several Mimosas!

Edited by The Senator

My wife poaches them for herself in the morning. I watched the Food Network today and got all fired  up for an egg for the first time in a year or more. No eggs. I have NEVER put them on the list myself, but we WILL have eggs tomorrow! 

I prefer easy over, which I find tricky. I may be a clutz!

Scrambled, over hard (I hate runny yolk) and sometimes the wife will make homemade Egg McMuffins (minus the cheese since I can't seem to find the exact flavor of the cheese McD's uses).

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Scrambled, over hard (I hate runny yolk) and sometimes the wife will make homemade Egg McMuffins (minus the cheese since I can't seem to find the exact flavor of the cheese McD's uses).

Unless you order it directly from DuPont, you will never duplicate that flavor.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Unless you order it directly from DuPont, you will never duplicate that flavor.

Yeah, I figured.  So I haven't bothered trying to find anything close.

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

My wife poaches them for herself in the morning. I watched the Food Network today and got all fired  up for an egg for the first time in a year or more. No eggs. I have NEVER put them on the list myself, but we WILL have eggs tomorrow! 

I prefer easy over, which I find tricky. I may be a clutz!

Love the runny yokes, but Over Easy is difficult - better to learn how to flip the pan than use a spatula.  

Just now, The Senator said:

Love the runny yokes, but Over Easy is difficult - better to learn how to flip the pan than use a spatula.  

I just put a small pot lid over the egg in the pan. Don’t need to flip it that way.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Not for nothin’ ,  but wouldn’t that make a ‘Sunny Side Up’?

Geez, we know our eggs, yes?

I suppose it does, but I think it cooks more thoroughly, and I don't risk busting up the yolk. And yes, if you cook and don't know eggs then you don't know much. 

I had a bit of extra oil in a small saucepan once and tried "deep frying" an egg. Huge fail. I don't recommend it. 

18 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Ummm, can I practice that at YOUR house? 

OK, I’ll just give it my best. 

30 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I hate runny eggs. 

I hate eggs in salad.

You simply haven't lived!  /smh

Does egg salad count? Slap that into a pita with some Sriracha:

4537151.jpg

How can anybody NOT like:

IMG_4010.JPG

Julienne Salad

1.5 Hearts of Romaine Lettuce
2 Tomatoes, Sliced
1/2 a Large English Cucumber, Sliced
1/2 a Green Pepper, Sliced
4 Thick Slices of Your Favorite Ham, cut into strips
4 Thick Slices of Your Favorite Turkey, cut into strips
2 Slices Swiss or Havarti
2 Hard Boiled Eggs Cut into Quarters 

*I tend to cook about a dozen eggs in the beginning of the week so that I have them for salads. There is one fool proof way to do it: Place eggs in a pot and completely cover with water. Once the eggs come to a boil, turn off the heat and cover with the lid; let stand for 12 minutes EXACTLY. After that, peel and you will have perfectly cooked eggs each time!* 

1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss together with your dressing of choice. Garnish with the quartered eggs.

Serves 4 as a side salad and 2 as main dish

Jeez fellas.....flipping an egg isnt that hard. Just get a good non stick pan and and a flexible spatula. Use some Pam or butter. I have an approximately 95% success rate. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Jeez fellas.....flipping an egg isnt that hard. Just get a good non stick pan and and a flexible spatula. Use some Pam or butter. I have an approximately 95% success rate. 

We only have stainless steel pans.  Non stick gives you testicular cancer, I think. 

With enough butter and the right pan, I can sometimes flip the egg without a spatula.