Just bought an electric smoker and need recipes

Kirby Jackson

I saw a Char Broil electric smoker on clearance the other day for $140. I wasn’t looking for one but felt that I had to pick it up at that price. Now, I am sitting here trying to figure out what to do with it. This is ALWAYS a good place for conversation on stuff like that. I was hoping for some recipes and ideas of things that I can do on this smoker. 

30 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I saw a Char Broil electric smoker on clearance the other day for $140. I wasn’t looking for one but felt that I had to pick it up at that price. Now, I am sitting here trying to figure out what to do with it. This is ALWAYS a good place for conversation on stuff like that. I was hoping for some recipes and ideas of things that I can do on this smoker. 

Go to www.amazingribs.com for everything you ever wanted to know about BBQ methods, techniques, and recipes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

You mean you didn’t research the smoker for five months and ask your friends 300 questions before buying it? What kind of madness is this?? @Gugny @Cripple Creek @CountryCletus

Kirbs - if you have the same kinds of friends I do, after they suggest the electric smoke and you subsequently buy it, they'll all end up with COMPLETELY DIFFERENT KINDS OF SMOKERS within 6 months.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don't have the recipe for his "rub," but my father makes unreal smoked chicken wings in his electric smoker.  I could put down a few dozen easily.

I understand Robert Kraft has a good rub recipe. 

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Kirbs - if you have the same kinds of friends I do, after they suggest the electric smoke and you subsequently buy it, they'll all end up with COMPLETELY DIFFERENT KINDS OF SMOKERS within 6 months.

Electric smokers are great for small scale & getting a feel for smoking. If you keep taking it further or want to start cooking for large groups, there will be a progression onto something else 

2 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Electric smokers are great for small scale & getting a feel for smoking. If you keep taking it further or want to start cooking for large groups, there will be a progression onto something else 

Don't you ***** dare side with those mother *****.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Kirby- smokers are great for pork butt/shoulder (pulled pork), brisket, ribs, homemade bacon, mrags makes great fatty’s, look into reverse searing steaks, and billions of other things!!! Great buy!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

You mean you didn’t research the smoker for five months and ask your friends 300 questions before buying it? What kind of madness is this?? @Gugny @Cripple Creek @CountryCletus

Oh, the humanity!!! As I recall that discussion included several about faces and much hand wringing.  

@Kirby Jackson I highly recommend using pellets over chips. They smoke at lower temps.

1 minute ago, CountryCletus said:

If you want the best bacon you’ve ever eaten, make it yourself from pork belly!!! 

Yes, yes 1,000,000 times yes. Bacon ? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Oh, the humanity!!! As I recall that discussion included several about faces and much hand wringing.  

@Kirby Jackson I highly recommend using pellets over chips. They smoke at lower temps.

Yes, yes 1,000,000 times yes. Bacon ? 

Most electric smokers urge against the use of pellets, for those you can get a tray or tube made by A-Maze-N and use pellets in anything- can also cold smoke using it!!

• Thank you (+1) 1