Johnny Cochran dead?!

IBTG81

Prayers for his family...

Okay now that I have done the obligatory condolence....its really hard to live without the part of your brain often referred to as a moral conscience. 67 years is quite an accomplishment.

Rumor has it that JC was the character study for Jim Carrey in Liar Liar...the "prior to devine intervention" portion of the movie...

Maybe he can guide OJ to the real killers from the after-life....

Since these happen in threes....

Jerry Falwell's in critical condition. And maybe Al Sharpton will finally have one banana cream puff too many.

290399[/snapback]

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...us/obit_cochran - AP story.

Saw that about Falwell, too. And the Pope isn't doing very well. I think he's always mentioned in this conversation, though.

For the love of God, that is pretty messed up.

Have some decency people! The dude didn't kill anyone

Please let Michael Jackson and Carrot Top complete the death trifecta.

290400[/snapback]

OJ was praying for him, he might still be alive if OJ hadn't. Can you imagine how PO'd the Big Guy gets when OJ prays?

Simpson said he last saw Cochran at an L.A. Lakers basketball game a few months ago and found the flamboyant lawyer to be in good spirits. "We were praying for him then, and I still am," Simpson said.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/03/29/cochran.obit/index.html

Mark Furman has written his obit already. And Kato Kalin will be reading it at the service. OJ as a Pall bearer, and Judge Ito singing Oh Danny Boy with Marsha Clark singing harmony.. How sweet..........

RIP

290433[/snapback]

I think you'd look good in one of JC's purple suits.....oh crap I said purple....quite Mock!

Paul Henning, the originator of the Beverly Hillbillies and Petticoat Junction died this weekend at 93.

He wrote the words for the theme song. Said he got the idea meeting people while camping in the Ozarks.

Paul Henning, the originator of the Beverly Hillbillies and Petticoat Junction died this weekend at 93.

He wrote the words for the theme song. Said he got the idea meeting people while camping in the Ozarks.

290518[/snapback]

and Kurt Henning, aka Mr. Perfect, died 2 years ago... coincidence? i think not!

For the love of God, that is pretty messed up.

Have some decency people! The dude didn't kill anyone

290412[/snapback]

Yeah, he just got the killers acquitted. Big difference, that. And tried to inflame race relations based on lies any chance he got (See: Posthumous Sgt. (Really, a rookie) Cornell Young case in Providence, where the guy, in plainclothes, was too stupid to put his gun down outside of a nightclub. Johnnie was only asking for $25M IIRC.). God knows there's enough real malice and hatred to stamp out that you don't need to puff up the lies.

It is for that reason that I am overwhelmingly ambivalent.

Look, someone had to do it -- and in the case of OJ, I blame the moronic jury. I watched that entire trial and it was pretty obvious the SOB was guilty... what can you do if the jury drinks the koolaid? Cochran was doing his job, and that's that.

Yeah, he just got the killers acquitted.

290615[/snapback]

Yeah, he just got the killers acquitted. Big difference, that. And tried to inflame race relations based on lies any chance he got (See: Posthumous Sgt. (Really, a rookie) Cornell Young case in Providence, where the guy, in plainclothes, was too stupid to put his gun down outside of a nightclub. Johnnie was only asking for $25M IIRC.). God knows there's enough real malice and hatred to stamp out that you don't need to puff up the lies.

It is for that reason that I am overwhelmingly ambivalent.

290615[/snapback]

Good point and you beat me to it. No heartache here. Now maybe some of these true criminals will get what they deserve instead of paying a ton of money to a silver tounged laywer to get them off. :lol:

Look, someone had to do it -- and in the case of OJ, I blame the moronic jury. I watched that entire trial and it was pretty obvious the SOB was guilty... what can you do if the jury drinks the koolaid? Cochran was doing his job, and that's that.

290631[/snapback]

I disagree -- I think the jury did the right thing. The prosecution, on the other hand, botched it badly IMHO, not to mention all of the mistakes that the police made during the investigation.

Nobody was drinking the koolaid; the prosecution didn't do its job.

CW

and Kurt Henning, aka Mr. Perfect, died 2 years ago...  coincidence?  i think not!

290534[/snapback]

And Doug Henning, the hippie magician, died about five years ago.

Yet Dan Henning is still alive.