Impeachment Hearings Open In House Of Representatives

Tiberius

It sounded to me like the Ds were laying the groundwork to get a few more people before them, without Cohen's credibility issues. The campaign finance hush payments may have been the only "big" issue that he could support, and even those are not yuge. 

Trump is low moral fiber. So is his lawyer. None of that was news. 

Enjoyed the Bills shout-outs. Glad that he won the presidency and isn't the owner. We dodged a bullet there. 

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, GG said:

There was really nothing there to tie a crime while in office. 

To me, the leak of the financial statement supporting the Bills bid was much bigger, because it starts to implicate Trump Org, loan agreements, etc. 

Lock him up! Lock him up!

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, GG said:

There was really nothing there to tie a crime while in office. 

To me, the leak of the financial statement supporting the Bills bid was much bigger, because it starts to implicate Trump Org, loan agreements, etc. 

Maybe some campaign fraud stuff but nothing big for sure.

The real catches would be if they can follow up on Cohen's lists of names and subpoena those people and documents. That's when it could start to get dicey. The misuse of the nonprofit status could create issues, as could the valuation problems. The SDNY could really create some huge issues for Trump. Those who think otherwise are naive about financial laws, and also about how loosely it appears the Trump organization operated with its checkbook and valuation. Whether that all leads to Trump, I can't say. But it could get real ugly for him and his family.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Maybe some campaign fraud stuff but nothing big for sure.

The real catches would be if they can follow up on Cohen's lists of names and subpoena those people and documents. That's when it could start to get dicey. The misuse of the nonprofit status could create issues, as could the valuation problems. The SDNY could really create some huge issues for Trump. Those who think otherwise are naive about financial laws, and also about how loosely it appears the Trump organization operated with its checkbook and valuation. Whether that all leads to Trump, I can't say. But it could get real ugly for him and his family.  

This is why you're the punchline on this board lately. 

To you, shady dealings of a private sector, second rate real estate developer are a bigger deal than the dealings of people at the highest levels of US government.  

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, GG said:

This is why you're the punchline on this board lately. 

To you, shady dealings of a private sector, second rate real estate developer are a bigger deal than the dealings of people at the highest levels of US government.  

You like to paint with the same brush as the narrative builders. I don't care what he did in his company, particularly. But I recognize that he may get in trouble by a likely partisan SDNY investigative arm. Not to acknowledge the reality of that would be willful blindness.

And I don't think there's any collusion. The "investigation" by the House is a waste of time and only divides us further. Mueller has rooted out very little and I doubt much comes of his report, unless there's a smoking gun no one has heard about. I sincerely don't believe Trump in any way colluded with Russia, or would. 

Try again brother. 

I'm happy to see bad government officials get fired. Who wouldn't be? 

51 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

You like to paint with the same brush as the narrative builders. I don't care what he did in his company, particularly. But I recognize that he may get in trouble by a likely partisan SDNY investigative arm. Not to acknowledge the reality of that would be willful blindness.

And I don't think there's any collusion. The "investigation" by the House is a waste of time and only divides us further. Mueller has rooted out very little and I doubt much comes of his report, unless there's a smoking gun no one has heard about. I sincerely don't believe Trump in any way colluded with Russia, or would. 

Try again brother. 

I'm happy to see bad government officials get fired. Who wouldn't be? 

Then what is the problem, especially since there's far more evidence of shady (and possibly) criminal activity by Trump's opponents and previous administration?   If your point is that nobody has been indicted yet, that's more of a timing issue than anything else.

This morning I listened to a snippet of Cohen's opening statement.  There's nothing new in there, and is everything that the never-Trumpers on this board have been saying for nearly 5 years.  The difference is that most of us are very pleasantly surprised that Trump has turned out to be a far better POTUS than any of us had previously imagined.   He's still the same shallow, intellectually challenged thin skinned narcissist with a horrible Twitter filter, that he's always been.  But he's been a damn good President so far.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, GG said:

Then what is the problem, especially since there's far more evidence of shady (and possibly) criminal activity by Trump's opponents and previous administration?   If your point is that nobody has been indicted yet, that's more of a timing issue than anything else.

Maybe. I have no problem if bad actors get indicted. 

12 minutes ago, GG said:

The difference is that most of us are very pleasantly surprised that Trump has turned out to be a far better POTUS than any of us had previously imagined. 

Agree 100%. He's been much better than expected, and I don't mean that in a tongue-in-cheek way that he's better than dog-*****. I've mentioned several times the things that I admire about what he's been able to do. Because I attack the conspiracists on here so regularly, I'm perceived as a TDS guy but I'm not. Trump has done an admirable job reigning China in (I was a skeptic that he could do this, but now believe he will succeed),  getting us out of military conflict and de-escalating others, appointing reasonable judges/justices, de-toothing the worst of ACA, and others. This isn't the place to list the things I believe he's failing on but he's genuinely done a better job than I thought he could--and for my $$, the China deal may have the longest and best consequences of any single thing he's done. 

12 minutes ago, GG said:

But he's been a damn good President so far.

I'm not sure I'd go that far!

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You'll be hearing from my copyright attorney

Tell them copyright ***** to bring it!

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Doesn't Trump know that cash is king?

Of course not. Though, that's a failing that Jussie had as well...

Never leave a freakin' paper trail!