EJ and Sammy together again

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Those games were truly something though Yolo.  

Nothing characterizes the EJ-era better than stretches of truly spectacular QB and WR play.

Haha - Sammy had one good game in that epic 4 game stretch as I recall - Miami at home week 2, he went over 100. I think (without looking it up)

Edited by YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Haha - Sammy had one good game in that epic 4 game stretch as I recall - Miami at home week 2, he went over 100. I think (without looking it up)

you are right. I have been (incorrectly) extrapolating the "Give me the damn ball"  episode with Tyrod to Sammy having a connection with EJ Manuel.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

3 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Sammy Watkins had his best stretch with EJ at QB. He never really had a connection with Tyrod. Not at all a bad signing as a backup to Mahomes IMO.

this is just completely wrong, I vividly remember the last 8 games of 2015 and thinking we had the next Vick/Desean combo... boy was i wrong

His stat line in 8 games

63 targets

38 receptions

764 yards receiving

7 touchdowns

Edited by Rad Likes The Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Dr. K said:

The responses here once again demonstrate how many sports fans are a**holes. 

Not just sports fans, but human beings in general. It’s been that way since the beginning, always will be unfortunately.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Absolutely. Didn’t Sammy only play 4 games with EJ? He and Bob Woods led a WR mutiny vs Houston in ‘14 and it was over.

Indeed. As I said, I like Manuel the human being, but he had a tendency to lead his receivers into collisions. A STRONG tendency. That will cause a WR mutiny every day of the week.

21 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

Indeed. As I said, I like Manuel the human being, but he had a tendency to lead his receivers into collisions. A STRONG tendency. That will cause a WR mutiny every day of the week.

Yeah , Goodwin nearly died week 3 vs San Diego.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Dr. K said:

The responses here once again demonstrate how many sports fans are a**holes. 

10 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Not just sports fans, but human beings in general. It’s been that way since the beginning, always will be unfortunately.

What a bunch of Salix discolors.

EJ was a good team mate & a hard worker we all were hoping he could be turned into the player that Whaley made him out to be in his mind & probably a better coach wouldn't have hurt just saying !

I'm glad to see he is getting a chance to still do something that he loves !!