Vaccines and Trump: Your stance?

Trump and Vaccines: Your stance?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do vaccines cause autism?

• Yes.
    • No.

41 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

That's because most, if not all of "anti-vaxxers" are morons.

You don't get to cry persecution from being called a ###### when you're acting ######ed.  Furthermore, moron bees think the honey is poisoned. 

How do you "prepare" yourself for "potential side effects?"  Do you even know anything about the talking points you're spouting?

EDIT: this site's word filter sucks.  Mentally ######ed is blocked?

This is why I hate the anti-anti-vaccers just as much as the anti-vaccers. All this fool had to do was read the thread, instead of looking at the last page and shooting off half-cocked. 

The guy obviously has as much knowledge about vaccines as a low rent anti-vaccer, yet he feels like he doesn't.  Is this what Tom feels like when he talks to ALL other people? 

giphy.webp

Edited by Paulus

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

The difference is that you're a moron, and I'm correct.  I've given you objective examples of my being correct, and you being a moron.  

But by all means, keep being a moron.  

No, it doesn't.  Your unvaccinated ass puts the entire public at risk.  My vaccinated ass doesn't.  They're not equivalent.  

That's the crux of your stupidity: you can't differentiate between public health and individual health.  You're not alone in that regard, of course...but your persistence in remaining completely ignorant of it whilst having it explained to you is somewhat unique.

We usually agree on stuff, but man you’re a real ***** sometimes.

you can’t force your opinions on me and on my children in the sake of a so called public crisis. If that’s the criteria we use as a society then those in power can determine that Toms everywhere are royal ***** that need to be exterminated. It’s not a black and white issue and you’re just as moronic with your insisting on your side and calling for government overreach. 

As for me and my own, I’m not anti-Vax, but there are some that aren’t necessary and ineffective and I’m not gonna expose my children to those. Some are definitely more critical and necessary. That’s why I will be making the decision, not the ***** government. 

To the people accusing a strawman of saying it is ignoring that some vaccines have risks, no one denies this minimal risk. Every vaccine is given at a doctor’s office with warnings. And if you are likely to have a terrible reaction due to previous ones or relatives who are suscsptible, you won’t take the vaccine. And you will take public health precautions. 

Those folks are so incredibly few in number, as are those for whom the vaccine may be ineffective,  that as long as the rest of us get vaccinated, *we keep them safe*. That’s why we keep talking about transmission benefits of vaccines. That’s the miraculous benefit of vaccines and how public health works. 

Isn’t that sort of actually  great? 

But when you add those people, for whom I feel compassion, to the growing anti vaccine crowd, of which you become one by advocating their dangerous arguments to encourage more of them, we reach a tipping point on public health and have the return of measles, once eliminated in the US, and polio outbreaks. 

People think vaccines will give them [autism/headaches/whatever], believe there's a [big pharma/big government] conspiracy, or have faith in [God/Allah/Druidic spells]... and don't go to their doctor to discuss vaccines because they know better.

Talk to your doctor. Get vaccinated. No polio for the rest of us. You say you hate anti anti vaxers. That’s great. I hate seeing kids with polio.

I am pro VAX.

image.png.65735fecaa8b25ecc4e294c37615300b.png

Edited by BeginnersMind

6 hours ago, whatdrought said:

you can’t force your opinions on me and on my children in the sake of a so called public crisis.

Most people are not as smart as their doctors. Maybe you are. 

As for me and my own, I’m not anti-Vax, but there are some that aren’t necessary and ineffective and I’m not gonna expose my children to those. Some are definitely more critical and necessary. That’s why I will be making the decision, not the ***** government. 

...but don't give my kid polio with all the knowledge in your WebMD. 

It is not your decision when you decide to make decisions that kill me and my kids. Life and Pursuit of Happiness and all of that stuff matter. 

Sure, it's a slippery slope to government mandated euthanasia and all of that. Here’s the deal: When morons make bad decisions that kill me and give me polio, I would like to appeal to an authority who can make the morons stop. That authority is the government. If you want to vote out people who think we should make it mandatory for school kids to get vaccines, vote 'em out. Or just move to California or Washington and be free to live in hippy vaccine free heaven. But mind the measles outbreaks.  

image.thumb.png.85ee9cd31d670e0b4fc4f400292178e5.png

Edited by BeginnersMind

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

We usually agree on stuff, but man you’re a real ***** sometimes.

you can’t force your opinions on me and on my children in the sake of a so called public crisis. If that’s the criteria we use as a society then those in power can determine that Toms everywhere are royal ***** that need to be exterminated. It’s not a black and white issue and you’re just as moronic with your insisting on your side and calling for government overreach. 

Can you give an example?

9 hours ago, Paulus said:

This is why I hate the anti-anti-vaccers just as much as the anti-vaccers. All this fool had to do was read the thread, instead of looking at the last page and shooting off half-cocked. 

The guy obviously has as much knowledge about vaccines as a low rent anti-vaccer, yet he feels like he doesn't.  Is this what Tom feels like when he talks to ALL other people? 

giphy.webp

I read the whole thread. You’re a moron.

15 hours ago, DC Tom said:

What's funny is seeing the anti-vaxxers migrate over the past 30 years from being fringe leftists to fringe rightists.  

Best evidence I've seen that when you get to the fringe, there is no "left" or "right."  Just loons.

True, but don't be too sure the leftists have given up the lead on this topic.  Plenty of anti-vaxxers out here in Marin.

Next up from the enlightened left:  my town just 'banned' 5G.

3 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Most people are not as smart as their doctors. Maybe you are. 

...but don't give my kid polio with all the knowledge in your WebMD. 

It is not your decision when you decide to make decisions that kill me and my kids. Life and Pursuit of Happiness and all of that stuff matter. 

Sure, it's a slippery slope to government mandated euthanasia and all of that. Here’s the deal: When morons make bad decisions that kill me and give me polio, I would like to appeal to an authority who can make the morons stop. That authority is the government. If you want to vote out people who think we should make it mandatory for school kids to get vaccines, vote 'em out. Or just move to California or Washington and be free to live in hippy vaccine free heaven. But mind the measles outbreaks.  

image.thumb.png.85ee9cd31d670e0b4fc4f400292178e5.png

One of the most beautiful parts of the anti-vaxxers arguments is "Measles isn't serious, no one dies from it or even catches it any more!"

Yeah...and why the ***** do you think that is????

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

One of the most beautiful parts of the anti-vaxxers arguments is "Measles isn't serious, no one dies from it or even catches it any more!"

I could do without a 4th run with measles.

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I have a Constitutional right to give you measles, as well as the right to believe my god will cure me.  

And right at the top of the news today: 

A total of 167 cases were reported in 20 of Japan’s 47 prefectures as of Feb. 10, the National Institute of Infectious Diseases said, with the largest outbreaks in the prefectures of Mie and Osaka.

It is the fastest Japan has reached that many cases at the beginning of the year since 2008.

The flare-up of the highly contagious disease comes as the United States is grappling with measles outbreaks in Texas, New York and Washington, with more than 120 cases reported so far this year. Those outbreaks have prompted a rush to vaccinate children in some places where parents have broader choice over such decisions.

In Japan, almost all of the 49 reported cases in Mie Prefecture were people connected to Miroku Community Kyusei Shinkyo, a religious group that promotes alternative healing.

The group said it emphasized avoiding medicines and vaccines and eating naturally farmed foods. But after some members became infected, the group apologized and said it was changing its practices.

“Given the unexpected situation, we will follow the health care center’s advice to get vaccine shots for measles or other highly infectious diseases so that we don’t cause concern to others,” the group said in a statement posted on its website.

Thanks asswholes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/22/world/asia/japan-measles-outbreak.html

Edited by BeginnersMind

18 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I have a Constitutional right to give you measles, as well as the right to believe my god will cure me.  

And right at the top of the news today: 

Thanks asswholes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/22/world/asia/japan-measles-outbreak.html

I know some families with kids who are immunosupressed for one reason or another and this ***** is terrifying.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

I know some families with kids who are immunosupressed for one reason or another and this ***** is terrifying.

Note that this statement only makes sense if vaccines are intended to prevent, not disease, but transmission.  :w00t:

• Like (+1) 1

What I love in this video is the Anti-Vaccine Doctor used seizures from MMR Vaccine as his example of side effect being more likely than you'd think but the number he uses is 1/3000 that is still a .03% chance of it occurring and would absolutely play Russian Roulette with that gun.

• 3 weeks later...

The kicker on this is that after 57 days of excruciating pain for their kid, and 800K of medical bills, the parents refuse to vaccinate. Still. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/09/well/oregon-child-tetanus-vaccine.html?action=click&module=News&pgtype=Homepage

When he arrived at the hospital, he was alert and asked for water, but could not open his mouth....He spent more than a month on a ventilator...He also stayed in a darkened room for weeks, where he wore earplugs and was exposed to little stimulation to avoid making his spasms worse, Dr. Guzman-Cottrill said. His pain was so bad, she said, that doctors took care not to trigger him even with their voices.

Just now, BeginnersMind said:

133 cases of a disease that was eradicated...until the anti-vaccine fiction-writers started their campaign of lunacy. 

Orrrrr until we had people jumping the borders from third world countries. 

• Like (+1) 1