Vaccines and Trump: Your stance?

Trump and Vaccines: Your stance?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do vaccines cause autism?

• Yes.
    • No.

3 minutes ago, Dante said:

Maybe so. I don't want to give the government the power to vaccinate me or my kids. I'm so silly. Trust the state. :thumbsup:

Your stupid was "It's measles! Not a flesh-eating virus. Drama much?"

image.thumb.png.a7a513657d3e56a749eef48fb1fa4cb2.png

Edited by BeginnersMind

22 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I don't disagree with them...but how the ***** are they going to enforce that?  Do we have to carry immunization records around with us now?

Image result for ww2 german checkpoint

Papers please. 

22 hours ago, Hedge said:

No surprise that it's happening in government overreach NY... Hopefully they get their asses sued off and this gets pushed to the SCOTUS.

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, whatdrought said:

No surprise that it's happening in government overreach NY... Hopefully they get their asses sued off and this gets pushed to the SCOTUS.

What gets pushed to SCOTUS? A school district requiring kids to be immunized so they don’t kill other kids?

Good luck with that case. Unless you are one of the very few who are truly immuno compromised, take the needle or home school and learn home remedies for polio. 

10% here believe vaccines cause autism. It’s shockingly high but I’m still surprised it’s so low for PPP. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

13 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

You have no idea what you're talking about.  Thanks.

I don't and you do and that's fantastic. You will never have to worry about it because you will be vaccinated yes? You will have the peace of mind that the state saved the day and protected you from the much-feared measle epidemic sweeping the greater NYC area. If I lived there I wouldn't get it. I will have the peace of mind that the state didn't erode just a little bit more of whatever amount of liberty that is left.

26 minutes ago, Dante said:

I don't and you do and that's fantastic. You will never have to worry about it because you will be vaccinated yes? You will have the peace of mind that the state saved the day and protected you from the much-feared measle epidemic sweeping the greater NYC area. If I lived there I wouldn't get it. I will have the peace of mind that the state didn't erode just a little bit more of whatever amount of liberty that is left.

This doesn't seem like the place to make your stand against government overreach. Unless you choose to be a hermit your actions do affect other people and for some people measles is a serious disease. As a Conservative I'm not much in favor of government intrusions on our freedoms, but this is a legitimate use of governmental power.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

This doesn't seem like the place to make your stand against government overreach. Unless you choose to be a hermit your actions do affect other people and for some people measles is a serious disease. As a Conservative I'm not much in favor of government intrusions on our freedoms, but this is a legitimate use of governmental power.

I'm not against vaccination generally. I think it's discretionary and I believe people should be made aware of the risks. So when it's forced on people I get nervous.  I understand the reaction by BringBackOrton and yourself. I just choose to (or would) abstain. 

3 minutes ago, Dante said:

I'm not against vaccination generally. I think it's discretionary and I believe people should be made aware of the risks. So when it's forced on people I get nervous.  I understand the reaction by BringBackOrton and yourself. I just choose to (or would) abstain. 

Then you are relying on other people to keep you safe by getting the vaccinations.

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Then you are relying on other people to keep you safe by getting the vaccinations.

The last people I trust to keep me safe is the government.  Who kills more people than governments? I don't just mean ours. Internationally. In case it hasn't become apparent over the last few years they really don't give a shite about the citizens. Power and money are all that matters to them. So when I see a precedent of forcing vaxing, I just can't help but be skeptical. Follow the money and who is going to make money off of it? Pharmaceuticals and who are they paying off to get this stuff pushed on us? And it's just one more power over us.

Edited by Dante

29 minutes ago, Dante said:

The last people I trust to keep me safe is the government.  Who kills more people than governments? I don't just mean ours. Internationally. In case it hasn't become apparent over the last few years they really don't give a shite about the citizens. Power and money are all that matters to them. So when I see a precedent of forcing vaxing, I just can't help but be skeptical. Follow the money and who is going to make money off of it? Pharmaceuticals and who are they paying off to get this stuff pushed on us? And it's just one more power over us.

My guess is that vaccines aren't much of a money maker for Big Pharm.

9 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

My guess is that vaccines aren't much of a money maker for Big Pharm.

They're not.  Total annual revenue for all vaccines for all companies is about 3% of the entire industry revenue, and profit margins are lower than other drugs.

Pharmaceutical companies would rather make drugs taken daily, than make vaccines that only have to be administered once.  If pharmaceutical companies were really driving things, they'd eliminate vaccines altogether, develop antivirals that you had to take regularly instead, and make a fortune.  

2 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

What gets pushed to SCOTUS? A school district requiring kids to be immunized so they don’t kill other kids?

Good luck with that case. Unless you are one of the very few who are truly immuno compromised, take the needle or home school and learn home remedies for polio. 

10% here believe vaccines cause autism. It’s shockingly high but I’m still surprised it’s so low for PPP. 

It’s not the school system, it’s the entire county outlawing a certain population from public places with no laws backing them. It violates about 90% of the constitution, which, I know is a triggering word to libs like you, but there it is.

Just now, whatdrought said:

It’s not the school system, it’s the entire county outlawing a certain population from public places with no laws backing them. It violates about 90% of the constitution, which, I know is a triggering word to libs like you, but there it is.

Technically it's a quarantine, keeping people at high risk of creating/propagating an epidemic isolated from the public.

The Supreme Court has upheld quarantine as a necessary public health practice.  Of course, they were more common decades ago, until we stopped having so many major epidemics because PEOPLE STARTED BEING VACCINATED!!!!!!  :wallbash:

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Under what law? Cause right now it’s unvacinated people barred from public places with no constitutional reasoning or legality, next week its Jews. Or gays. Or blacks. Whatever. 

Theres never not a good time to fight government overreach. Saying what we have to put in our children is the damndest of things to say aren’t important. 

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Technically it's a quarantine, keeping people at high risk of creating/propagating an epidemic isolated from the public.

The Supreme Court has upheld quarantine as a necessary public health practice.  Of course, they were more common decades ago, until we stopped having so many major epidemics because PEOPLE STARTED BEING VACCINATED!!!!!!  :wallbash:

I don’t want to run around this again with you; but it isn’t a quarantine because they’re not sick... you quarantine the sick population.

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I don’t want to run around this again with you; but it isn’t a quarantine because they’re not sick... you quarantine the sick population.

Then shut up about ***** you don't understand.  You don't quarantine the sick population.  You isolate the sick.  You quarantine at-risk population who could start an epidemic.  That's the definition of "quarantine."  

And you specifically do it to prevent epidemics.  It's why Rockland County also declared a quarantine for Legionaries' Disease two weeks ago, too - three people had it, an entire factory was quarantined for exposure.  Same with recent flights to LaGuardia from the Middle East for MERV - no one had it, but people on the flights were at risk for it.   Same with Ebola five years ago, when we had a huge national argument about whether or not people who were in the same geographical region as Ebola should be quarantined as at risk for Ebola (even if they'd never been within 50 miles of an Ebola patient.

So yeah, keeping kids unvaccinated for measles, who are at risk to spread measles, from associating with the public - particularly the segment of the public like you who is too ***** stupid to understand words like "vaccine," "epidemic," or "quarantine" - is, in fact, a quarantine, legal under the laws of the US and the State of NY, as has been upheld by the courts multiple times.

19 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The guy said it himself, this came from immigrants coming from "overseas". We could actually prevent a lot of this before we have to vaccinate.

5 minutes ago, Dante said:

The guy said it himself, this came from immigrants coming from "overseas". We could actually prevent a lot of this before we have to vaccinate.

It's not from immigrants coming from overseas.  It's from US citizens who travel overseas and then return with the disease.  

1 minute ago, GG said:

It's not from immigrants coming from overseas.  It's from US citizens who travel overseas and then return with the disease.  

I think they traced the one in Rockland to an immigrant, though.

Point being either way: measles was eradicated in the US within the past 10 years, until people decided that subacute sclerosing panencephalitis was better for their kids than an owie.  

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

I think they traced the one in Rockland to an immigrant, though.

Point being either way: measles was eradicated in the US within the past 10 years, until people decided that subacute sclerosing panencephalitis was better for their kids than an owie.  

One immigrant, compared with hundreds of citizens.    Another case of focusing on headlines and not the story.