Cardinals tweet their support of Right Josh

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

"Worst Quarterback interview ever" was what Casserly said teams had told him on Murray. There was never any question that Rosen interviewed well at the combine. He was generally considered to have done very well there. 

The Cardinals are a mess.  I actually think this is a blessing in disguise for Rosen.

8 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Larry Fitz was injured as was the other top WR. David Johnson was a shell of himself. Probably because they have a worse line then the Bills. So yes, trash.

This is what people do who don’t watch other teams.  Arizona had a ton of oline injuries.  Fitz, one of my favorite players ever, has Kelvin Benjamin speed and ypc has been steadily declining every year.  Johnson was coming off a major injury and averaged 2.1 and 3.6 ypc.  The Cardinals offense was trash last year.  To evaluate a rookie qb on that team is completely unfair. Just like Allen and the Bills.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

When it is only one source maybe not. There are multiple reporting Murray bombed the interviews. 

I haven’t seen any, and I’ve looked. All cite Casserly. Here’s Belichick on Casserly: 

Who’s been wrong more than Charley Casserly since he left the Redskins? His percentage is like a meteorologist,” Belichick said. 

“He has no relationship to this team. I’d say less than zero. Based on what? He’s never at a practice, never at a game,” Belichick said before getting into a discussion of sports media practices in general.   

“At least he put his name on it which is more than a lot of guys. But, like he usually is, he was 100 percent wrong.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/04/belichick-whos-been-been-wrong-more-than-charlie-casserly/

Also, before the combine Scott McCloughan said he didn’t come across well in SB interviews, but added that he ‘wouldn't be satisfied with any explanation that comes in a 15-minute interview in Indianapolis. "I'd sit him down one-on-one, bring him in the building and throw stuff at him he's not ready for, to see how he responds," McCloughan says.’

McCloughan still thinks he’s the best qb in the draft. https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/28/kyler-murray-height-best-quarterback-scot-mccloughan

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I haven’t seen any, and I’ve looked. All cite Casserly. Here’s Belichick on Casserly: 

Who’s been wrong more than Charley Casserly since he left the Redskins? His percentage is like a meteorologist,” Belichick said. 

“He has no relationship to this team. I’d say less than zero. Based on what? He’s never at a practice, never at a game,” Belichick said before getting into a discussion of sports media practices in general.   

“At least he put his name on it which is more than a lot of guys. But, like he usually is, he was 100 percent wrong.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/04/belichick-whos-been-been-wrong-more-than-charlie-casserly/

Also, before the combine Scott McCloughan said he didn’t come across well in SB interviews, but added that he ‘wouldn't be satisfied with any explanation that comes in a 15-minute interview in Indianapolis. "I'd sit him down one-on-one, bring him in the building and throw stuff at him he's not ready for, to see how he responds," McCloughan says.’

McCloughan still thinks he’s the best qb in the draft. https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/28/kyler-murray-height-best-quarterback-scot-mccloughan

Honestly, why does anyone believe any of these rumors or unnamed sources?  What good GM is going to tell a media member their draft plans.  I love the draft but it’s crazy how some people hang on every rumor.  Most people are lying their faces off.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Matt Millar referenced it too without referencing Casserly. He said he had heard Murray interviewed badly but it didn't matter because the Cardinals had already fallen in love with him and he is going #1. I am well aware of Belichick on Casserly. And Casserly does get stuff wrong, but if you think he just went out on a limb and made this stuff up I'm not sure what the purpose of him doing that would be.

EDIT: And for what it's worth I still have Murray #16 on my board and ranked as the best QB in the class too. But I do believe the stories that he interviewed poorly.

Edited by GunnerBill

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Honestly, why does anyone believe any of these rumors or unnamed sources?  What good GM is going to tell a media member their draft plans.  I love the draft but it’s crazy how some people hang on every rumor.  Most people are lying their faces off.

It is all bs. I would not be shocked at all if Gruden, who is very unscrupulous, saw his former media buddy Casserly as an easy mark and fed him the bs because he wants Murray himself.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Matt Millar referenced it too without referencing Casserly. He said he had heard Murray interviewed badly but it didn't matter because the Cardinals had already fallen in love with him and he is going #1. I am well aware of Belichick on Casserly. And Casserly does get stuff wrong, but if you think he just went out on a limb and made this stuff up I'm not sure what the purpose of him doing that would be.

EDIT: And for what it's worth I still have Murray #16 on my board and ranked as the best QB in the class too. But I do believe the stories that he interviewed poorly.

Who is Matt Millar? Google tells me he is an Australian rules football player who does not live in the US. I am not seeing any NFL-related quotes by anyone of that name when I google it.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

It is all bs. I would not be shocked at all if Gruden, who is very unscrupulous, saw his former media buddy Casserly as an easy mark and fed him the bs because he wants Murray himself.

Murray is not a Gruden Quarterback. I'd be shocked if Gruden wanted him. 

Who is Matt Millar? Google tells me he is an Australian rules football player who does not live in the US. I am not seeing any NFL-related quotes by anyone of that name when I google it.

Miller*

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Gruden might be changing. He is a smart coach despite the fact that I dislike him. This is the new NFL, and he gets to see Mahomes slice and dice him twice a year now up close and personal.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Miller*

It may simply be the case that the Cardinals told Murray that they're taking him no matter what and that he ended up basically blowing off all of the other interviews because they don't matter. 

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

It may simply be the case that the Cardinals told Murray that they're taking him no matter what and that he ended up basically blowing off all of the other interviews because they don't matter. 

Of course that is possible, though I think it is a stretch. That is a lot of money you are risking on basically the word of the Arizona Cardinals (and I don't think that is a great look from a character perspective in any event). I think much more likely the kid as good as he is on the field just is not comfortable in those on the spot 'manufactured' type of personal interactions. We saw it a bit with his carcrash tv interview too. There are people I know who are very funny, articulate and engaging in a relaxed personal setting but who just do not respond well to those sort of manufactured interview type scenarios. He may well just be one of those. Equally maybe he really is a guy who just doesn't care and will hurt a locker room.

That is the type of thing that the average Joe watching film can never know. Each team has to make their own determination based on their individual interactions with him.

On 2/12/2019 at 4:27 PM, matter2003 said:

Future HOF Larry Fitzgerlad and All-Pro David Johnson are trash? Where can we find this type of "trash"??

Fitzgerald's hitting a wall. He had a fair share of drops which was bizarre to see. He's still great, but declining WR playing slot being your best weapon BY FAR is not good at all.

As for David Johnson, I'd peg it on coaching, OL, and possibly Johnson himself.. sort of like Shady this year (albeit in his prime). The Cardinals offense was truly terrible.

What I don't understand about this is the Cardinals let their HC go after just one year. And there's speculation they give up on Josh Rosen in one year as well? Which is it? Figure out if it's the coach OR the quarterback before you clean house after just one year.. don't blame it all on both. Dumb, that's like the Rams dumping Fisher AND rookie Goff.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

When it is only one source maybe not. There are multiple reporting Murray bombed the interviews. 

Is this so surprising? Anyone questioning this see the Dan Patrick interview? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Yeah it’s just shocking. His combine interview in front of all the media was painful as well. It started out ok but then he got snippy and combative.

24 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Fitzgerald's hitting a wall. He had a fair share of drops which was bizarre to see. He's still great, but declining WR playing slot being your best weapon BY FAR is not good at all.

As for David Johnson, I'd peg it on coaching, OL, and possibly Johnson himself.. sort of like Shady this year (albeit in his prime). The Cardinals offense was truly terrible.

What I don't understand about this is the Cardinals let their HC go after just one year. And there's speculation they give up on Josh Rosen in one year as well? Which is it? Figure out if it's the coach OR the quarterback before you clean house after just one year.. don't blame it all on both. Dumb, that's like the Rams dumping Fisher AND rookie Goff.

If you let a coach go after 1 year it must have been so obvious that Wilks was in so far over his head and was completely unfit to be a head coach that there was really no other decision that could have been made.  Unfotunately for a first time HC there is no real way of knowing how it's going to go...Vance Joseph almost had the same thing happen 2 years ago but Elway decided to stick it out another year and basically nothing changed for the better...if a head coach has too many issues and is not likely to improve over time then why wait? 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I'm just surprised at how much stock GMs are taking in this. Ultimately I think they won't let it be a huge factor. But they're certainly acting like it's the end of the world for Murray.

Being uncomfortable in an interview doesn't necessarily translate to abilities and leadership on the field and locker room.

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

If you let a coach go after 1 year it must have been so obvious that Wilks was in so far over his head and was completely unfit to be a head coach that there was really no other decision that could have been made.  Unfotunately for a first time HC there is no real way of knowing how it's going to go...Vance Joseph almost had the same thing happen 2 years ago but Elway decided to stick it out another year and basically nothing changed for the better...if a head coach has too many issues and is not likely to improve over time then why wait? 

That's fine and all, but if the FO truly believed the HC was hopeless, why are they not attributing Josh Rosen's performance as a part of Wilks' apparent incompentence? I'm just saying don't make the 2 anchors on the team both the scapegoat. It's got to be one or the other. Like I was saying.. what if the Rams just fired both Fisher and rookie Goff lol. At least improve what you think the problem is.. coach or QB.. and see how the other fares with better - coach or quarterback.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I'm just surprised at how much stock GMs are taking in this. Ultimately I think they won't let it be a huge factor. But they're certainly acting like it's the end of the world for Murray.

I’m not saying they are, but if GMs are taking stock in his bad interview(s), it must mean something.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Being uncomfortable in an interview doesn't necessarily translate to abilities and leadership on the field and locker room.

That's fine and all, but if the FO truly believed the HC was hopeless, why are they not attributing Josh Rosen's performance as a part of Wilks' apparent incompentence? I'm just saying don't make the 2 anchors on the team both the scapegoat. It's got to be one or the other. Like I was saying.. what if the Rams just fired both Fisher and rookie Goff lol. At least improve what you think the problem is.. coach or QB.. and see how the other fares with better - coach or quarterback.

Also, if a GM hired a coach and drafted a qb top 10 and both got replaced after only a year, why would he still have a job?  Talk about being incompetent.

34 minutes ago, Doc said:

I’m not saying they are, but if GMs are taking stock in his bad interview(s), it must mean something.

Obviously, we don’t know any of these guys but there’s something in the way he carries himself.  It could be the one eye black he wears (so dumb) but he seems smug.  He was great this year but with his size and maybe with some personality concerns, I would much rather have Haskins as a qb this year.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

It’s just funny that the guys who hired them and built the rosters aren’t paying the price either.

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Also, if a GM hired a coach and drafted a qb top 10 and both got replaced after only a year, why would he still have a job?  Talk about being incompetent.

Obviously, we don’t know any of these guys but there’s something in the way he carries himself.  It could be the one eye black he wears (so dumb) but he seems smug.  He was great this year but with his size and maybe with some personality concerns, I would much rather have Haskins as a qb this year.

It’s just funny that the guys who hired them and built the rosters aren’t paying the price either.

Maybe the GM was lukewarm about him and the owner talked him into it...we don't know how the whole process went down. If this was the case and the owner sww his performance he might have told the GM "OK I made a mistake you were right"...

1 hour ago, BillsSB2020 said:

I'm honestly stunned that BB would go out of his way to slay Casserly. That seems uncharacteristic.

I'm used to the Belichick that talks about our backup tight ends like they're a match up nightmare.

There's no love lost between those two.

• Thank you (+1) 1