Howard Schultz for President. Could be interesting middle of the road?

mead107

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

What? Making them then raise prices to up profits?

No.  They're a solidly run company that's always produced consistent earnings.  Panicky investors could dump their stock as I've been waiting for it to go below 60 for a while now.

14 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

No.  They're a solidly run company that's always produced consistent earnings.  Panicky investors could dump their stock as I've been waiting for it to go below 60 for a while now.

What’s wrong, Starbucks won’t let you use their bathroom to take a nap?

Just now, Crayola64 said:

I have never considered voting independent (they are historically awful candidates).  But I'll give this some thought.  

Both sides see an independent run from an "outsider" as the best way to win in 2020. The left wants someone like Kasich or Mittens to run to split the Trump base - that's their best shot at winning (imo). But the right wants to do the same (possibily with Schultz) and split the left base to assure Trump wins.

A lot of dark money will go towards independent candidates in this cycle (imo)... it's going to be a free for all.  

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Which is why the left is terrified of him running. 

And yes, it will be an issue for the left, and an independent won't get elected, which is a shame.  The two parties are catering so much to their loud minorities that they really arent that representative anymore, imo.  

I doubt Schultz thinks he can win.  It look more like he wants to move the Democrats away from the far left.  The only way he can do that is by running in the middle and making the D candidate move toward him to take away his votes.  In some ways, the people complaining about this being a billionaire vanity play are right; but the vanity might be Schultz attempting to drive policy.  He’s made campaign  contributions in the past, but it appears that he hasn’t gotten the policy results he wanted. 

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

I can see the debate stage.  Two old white egotistical billionaires and Kamala Harris.  Are we sure this doesn't hurt Trump more?

There is way too much sifting still to go before I can care much about Harris or any of the other names. Im not even convinced Trump will run again yet. 

22 minutes ago, snafu said:

I doubt Schultz thinks he can win.  It look more like he wants to move the Democrats away from the far left.  The only way he can do that is by running in the middle and making the D candidate move toward him to take away his votes.  In some ways, the people complaining about this being a billionaire vanity play are right; but the vanity might be Schultz attempting to drive policy.  He’s made campaign  contributions in the past, but it appears that he hasn’t gotten the policy results he wanted. 

It's high comedy to see him being criticized by the likes of Bloomberg and the other Billionaire Dumbs. 

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

It's high comedy to see him being criticized by the likes of Bloomberg and the other Billionaire Dumbs. 

Granny Bloomberg likes to lecture.

Notice how nobody threatens to boycott his news outlet for dumping $100 million into Congressional races?  D's will take the old rich white guy's money, no problem.

• Thank you (+1) 1