Trump The Divider

Tiberius

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

While new discoveries happened all across the globe far more happened in Western and Central Europe due to the university system largely promoted by the Catholic Church than elsewhere.  Proximity to NA helped the European succeed here but that same European was far better equipped to succeed than his non-Western European cousins.

Interesting. The university system did very much help establish the systems of law that eventually evolved into a constitutional system. In England the common law had to be studied because it quickly became so huge, as it was based on precedents. But so many of the advances that allowed Europe to develop a University "system" in the later Middle Ages came from outside Europe. Our number system for instance, which came from India through Islamic lands. Can you imagine if we were still using Roman numerals? Printing, paper, ancient lost Greek philosophy, windmills, gunpowder and a whole bunch of other things that came to Europe--including diseases that we eventually developed resistance to--through trade with the more advanced civilizations of the time. Universities were developed to meet the needs of a growing economy that needed more lawyers to figure out who owned what. Feudalsim had been a legal mess and once money started flowing, they needed lawyers. 

13 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

1. You're an idiot

2. Better agriculture than Egypt?

3. Less disease? You idiot -- there was way more disease because of "trade routes" you meathead

4. Better trade routes were because of better goods. People didn't walk from China to Italy because it was convenient. God you're dumb. Don't play this game with me, I'm way better at it than you. Kinda what my degree is in.

You're an idiot. Your underlined point is the only thing correct in this. 

Insults instead of an argument? You sure are superior! Lol! You are proving my point. Back of the line with you 

6 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Tibs fails to see how far Egypt fell from the golden age during Biblical times in terms of agricultural production going into the Industrial Age.  It was innovations such as plant breeding that helped revitalize Egypt into modern times.  Population did grow in Egypt during modern times so even with innovations Egypt was still a net importer of products such as wheat.

Egypt supports my point, they contributed the solar calendar that Europe--Julius Caesar- took and his still, with modifications, in use today. 

12 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Tibs fails to see how far Egypt fell from the golden age during Biblical times in terms of agricultural production going into the Industrial Age.  It was innovations such as plant breeding that helped revitalize Egypt into modern times.  Population did grow in Egypt during modern times so even with innovations Egypt was still a net importer of products such as wheat.

Those stupid idiots and their stupid dam. Damming the Nile -- idiots. 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Egypt supports my point, they contributed the solar calendar that Europe--Julius Caesar- took and his still, with modifications, in use today. 

Oh my god you're so freaking stupid and please don't speak about Caesar, I beg you, as he's my idol and you're unfit to mention him, and you clearly don't know much about him. I'm a subject matter expert on two people, Caesar, and Churchill. Just please leave Caesar out of this. 

Lastly -- if I'm a racist I'm a bad one considering 50% of my labor force is black.

Edited by The_Dude

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Humans knew how to do key activities such as hunt game, gather firewood, and cultivate crops without a Julian calendar.  Without its basis we would simply have a different system of time accounting.

17 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Those stupid idiots and their stupid dam. Damming the Nile -- idiots. 

Oh my god you're so freaking stupid and please don't speak about Caesar, I beg you, as he's my idol and you're unfit to mention him, and you clearly don't know much about him. I'm a subject matter expert on two people, Caesar, and Churchill. Just please leave Caesar out of this. 

Lastly -- if I'm a racist I'm a bad one considering 50% of my labor force is black.

somehow, it isn't surprising that a man who was assassinated, by 23 of his peers, is your, 'hero'.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

somehow, it isn't surprising that a man who was assassinated, by 23 of his peers, is your, 'hero'.

Yeah, it's why Octavian checked his clemency at the door. And they weren't his peers. The man did not have peers. 

Just now, row_33 said:

Jerusalem and Alexandria have been very vital to forming our lives in North America and continue to be so.

Alexandria has such a nice name. Wonder where it came from?

12 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Yeah, it's why Octavian checked his clemency at the door. And they weren't his peers. The man did not have peers. 

Alexandria has such a nice name. Wonder where it came from?

I'll put Athens up there as well for my top 3, Rome is at a more distant #4.

Geneva gets a nod the last 500 years

Just now, row_33 said:

I can't see how Rome isn't #1 on any list. They made western civilization. They did what Alexander didn't before he died -- they freaking united the Mediterranean. 

18 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Humans knew how to do key activities such as hunt game, gather firewood, and cultivate crops without a Julian calendar.  Without its basis we would simply have a different system of time accounting.

Oh no, you had to know as close as possible when to plant the crops, it was a life and death matter. Taking it further, the study of the calendar led directly to a study of astronomy, science and metiphics and almost got Galileo burned at the stake. 

What other calender do you think would would have been accurate? The lunar calender was a joke and easily manipulatble. It could never have been used across a continent like Europe. It actually help unify European civilization in the fact the whole continent was on the same time standard, well until the Gregoria's reforms and Russia stayed on the old system. 

Liberalism is a disease

Calling colleges and telling them NOT to enroll anyone from this school................INSANITY.

JOURNALISM: When The Press Sees Red:

“Like so many stories that supposedly conveyed the reality of Trump’s America, that so perfectly displayed white Christian menace, it turned out to be fake. Fake, like the Ohio University student who sent herself anti-gay hate mail; manufactured, like the racist harassment on a bus that Hilary Clinton tweeted about; an attempted frame-up, with liberal credulity made into the co-conspirator, like the vandalism of a Jewish cemetery done by a progressive reporter. But good enough to share, good enough to cause doxxing, and justify the harassment and assault of children. I’m still chuckling at the New York Times and the Washington Post rushing out misleading and false stories — the latter with three bylines — without doing any original reporting besides a phone call to the Native American Elder, and a survey of reactions on Twitter.”

UPDATE:

Screen-Shot-2019-01-20-at-22.40.55.png

Really, to hell with these people.

Media Narrative of “Catholic MAGA high schoolers mob Native American elder” doesn’t hold up to video scrutiny

Twitter mob launched against teens by celebrities encouraging doxing and assault against minors

Right-to-Life-March-teen-facing-leftist.

The internet blew up over a (as it turns out) heavily-edited clip of white male Catholic March for Life high schoolers apparently taunting, mocking, and otherwise behaving badly toward a Native American elder.  Even many on the right condemned the MAGA hat-wearing boys for their perceived vile behavior.

The problem?  We didn’t get the whole story, and many people, including those on the left, are now expressing their regret at jumping too readily to condemn these boys.  As it turns out and in the true spirit of “unexpectedly,” there is much more to this story than we were first treated to in the initial reports.

(more…)

Reason reports:

But the rest of the video—nearly two hours of additional footage showing what happened before and after the encounter—adds important context that strongly contradicts the media’s narrative.

Far from engaging in racially motivated harassment, the group of mostly white, MAGA-hat-wearing male teenagers remained relatively calm and restrained despite being subjected to incessant racist, homophobic, and bigoted verbal abuse by members of the bizarre religious sect Black Hebrew Israelites, who were lurking nearby. The BHI has existed since the late 19th century, and is best describes as a black nationalist cult movement; its members believe they are descendants of the ancient Israelites, and often express condemnation of white people, Christians, and gays. DC-area Black Hebrews are known to spout particularly vile bigotry.

Watching the full videos, I see remarkably restrained young men attempting to rise above a challenge far beyond their years and ability to comprehend.  And I see small, petty identity peddlers preying on the young, feeding on them like leeches, and I am appalled.

. it must be remembered that one is a kid and the other is an adult.

One other thing I’d note in all the hate against the Covington kid: We have an adult banging his drum inches from a kid’s face. Putting aside political biases and just focusing on decency — who is more responsible for defusing a tense situation, the adult or the kid?

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Jerusalem and Alexandria have been very vital to forming our lives in North America and continue to be so.

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

7 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I can't see how Rome isn't #1 on any list. They made western civilization. They did what Alexander didn't before he died -- they freaking united the Mediterranean. 

what?  No love for Constantinople?  You know, the city that kept Greco-Roman culture alive for the thousand years or so that Western Europe was in the Dark Ages.  The city that all trade passed thru until it fell to Islam, causing Europe to seek a new route to the Orient.  A route that some Italian working for the King of Spain tried to find by sailing to the West and opening a New World

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh no, you had to know as close as possible when to plant the crops, it was a life and death matter. Taking it further, the study of the calendar led directly to a study of astronomy, science and metiphics and almost got Galileo burned at the stake. 

What other calender do you think would would have been accurate? The lunar calender was a joke and easily manipulatble. It could never have been used across a continent like Europe. It actually help unify European civilization in the fact the whole continent was on the same time standard, well until the Gregoria's reforms and Russia stayed on the old system. 

A Julian calendar will not fully assure a planter of crops when the last frost of spring or first frost of autumn will occur.  Crops were cultivated largely in a manner of by trial.  That some crops were attempted and did not succeed during the warm period before the cold period so efforts were discontinued on that crop.  Some spring (after the winter cold) crops such as oats, barley, and peas will take snow after emerging from the ground therefore they were prominent in Northern Europe.  Winter wheat will take the interim between warm seasons with sufficient snow cover to insulate from the cold that we are seeing currently in WNY.  The bottom line is while the Julian calendar came up with effective subdivisions the ancients still used solar days in a manner of speaking.  That in a given region 100 solar days (rising and setting of the sun) would be the interim where crops would either not grow or go dormant (winter wheat).

Edited by RochesterRob

4 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

what?  No love for Constantinople?  You know, the city that kept Greco-Roman culture alive for the thousand years or so that Western Europe was in the Dark Ages.  The city that all trade passed thru until it fell to Islam, causing Europe to seek a new route to the Orient.  A route that some Italian working for the King of Spain tried to find by sailing to the West and opening a New World

....are you being serious? I'm ready to square up with Turkey right ***** now over Constantinople. Are you for serious? I want the Hagia Sophia back in Christian hands NOW. 

You must understand, I do not end the Roman empire in the 5th century, but in the 15th century. 

There are two events that I emotionally cannot deal with in history and I avoid them because I start tearing up and cry (I blub a bit). I cannot talk about Caesars assassination or the fall of Constantinople. I just cannot. 

10 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Until the crusaders murdered the city in 1204. Literally! 

30 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I will take the view, and it's okay you have your view, that Athens and Jerusalem were more instrumental in the good that we have

2 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

alexandria_ocasio-cortez_0.jpg?153428272

Goddamnit 

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I will take the view, and it's okay you have your view, that Athens and Jerusalem were more instrumental in the good that we have

I’m interested in your take on Athens because they really fell from influence after the peloponnesian war. Further, I’m equally interested in your take on Jerusalem. No doubt it was important, but both your cities fell to Rome. 

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

Goddamnit 

I’m interested in your take on Athens because they really fell from influence after the peloponnesian war. Further, I’m equally interested in your take on Jerusalem. No doubt it was important, but both your cities fell to Rome. 

i'd posit that Plato and Aristotle formed a good chunk of what it means to pursue the good life

have read through both multiple times, and there's a lot of good there (and a lot of cringing silliness)

the dialogue with Socrates trying to talk to the two jackass sophists is a low point in history, it's like the prequel to Stepbrothers with Will Ferrell, the Euthydemes.....

do i honestly have to continue with telling you why Athens and Jerusalem are important?????

Edited by row_33

8 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

A Julian calendar will not fully assure a planter of crops when the last frost of spring or first frost of autumn will occur.  Crops were cultivated largely in a manner of by trial.  That some crops were attempted and did not succeed during the warm period before the cold period so efforts were discontinued on that crop.  Some spring (after the winter cold) crops such as oats, barley, and peas will take snow after emerging from the ground therefore they were prominent in Northern Europe.  Winter wheat will take the interim between warm seasons with sufficient snow cover to insulate from the cold that we are seeing currently in WNY.  The bottom line is while the Julian calendar came up with effective subdivisions the ancients still used solar days in a manner of speaking.  That in a given region 100 solar days (rising and setting of the sun) would be the interim where crops would either not grow or go dormant (winter wheat).

Of course not, nothing will fully assure anything. But life is a game of inches, and a tool to help ensure you don't starve to death is pretty important. 

I agree about the crops in winter and winter wheat, just like grass, can survive winter of course, but in the three crop system you had two harvests, and as the population grew, you needed them! One summer, one winter. By around 1300 the population of Europe was becoming too big to suffer any food shortages and in 1315 there was a huge famine because of crop failures. It was very important to get the timing of the crops right. 

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

"We condemn the actions of the Covington Catholic High School students towards Nathan Phillips specifically, and Native Americans in general," a joint statement from Diocese of Covington and Covington Catholic High School said. "We extend our deepest apologies to Mr. Phillips."

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i'd posit that Plato and Aristotle formed a good chunk of what it means to pursue the good life

have read through both multiple times, and there's a lot of good there (and a lot of cringing silliness)

the dialogue with Socrates trying to talk to the two jackass sophists is a low point in history, it's like the prequel to Stepbrothers with Will Ferrell

do i honestly have to continue with telling you why Athens and Jerusalem are important?????

Its your reasons for why they’re more important/significant to Rome whom I view as mother to western civilization and the white race. That’s what I find interesting. Not why those cities are important. 

11 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Its your reasons for why they’re more important/significant to Rome whom I view as mother to western civilization and the white race. That’s what I find interesting. Not why those cities are important. 

Not a big fan of Rome, not much there to emulate for me.

More of a Geneva type thinker...

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

You should stop posting here.    Your posts are sad and juvenile and bring nothing to the table.       Yes I’m factoring in your last 10 posts.        Maybe night school can help ?  

Gonna apologize for being stupid again ? 

You’re never gonna get out of that laundromat if you keep getting fooled by fake news 

White people are bad.      Front page stuff. 

Right next to the tranny/Muslim bin ?

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to reply! 

19 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

you find someone who can talk to you and this is what you do to them?

okay, that door is closing....

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Of course not, nothing will fully assure anything. But life is a game of inches, and a tool to help ensure you don't starve to death is pretty important. 

I agree about the crops in winter and winter wheat, just like grass, can survive winter of course, but in the three crop system you had two harvests, and as the population grew, you needed them! One summer, one winter. By around 1300 the population of Europe was becoming too big to suffer any food shortages and in 1315 there was a huge famine because of crop failures. It was very important to get the timing of the crops right. 

Please stop historying. You’re unqualified and awful at it. 

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Not a big fan of Rome, not much there to emulate for me.

More of a Geneva type thinker...

Well the Romans weren’t philosophers if that’s your game. 

But Roman military thinking — that’s the stuff of legends. 

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The Julian Calendar is not fool proof by any means.  A major reason a number of countries including the US use government subsidized crop insurance.  You can still have a frost inside the federally recognized window for a given crop for a given region in terms of growing season.  When everybody kicks in via being a taxpayer the cost of food production becomes minimal per household.  The volatility that would result without it would result in much higher prices in a poor crop year for a given commodity.  American consumers in recent generations pay on average ten percent of their earnings on food.  Contrast that with lesser European nations along with other parts of the world where paying a third of your income to eat is considered normal.  Some despise government intervention such as subsidized crop insurance but it does allow us to type away on a site such as this with minimal concern as to food budget.  The alternative being if wheat were short in supply with the price of bread rising over 50 percent then people gather up arms to fight one another.

Just now, The_Dude said:

Please stop historying. You’re unqualified and awful at it. 

You are an ignorant racist. You are trying to make yourself look like a winner by associating yourself with the success of European society, something you had nothing to do with. Heck, ignorant Jack asses like you are the types that held society back, you would of been first in line burning books at the bonfire of the vanities and calling for Galileo to be arrested. 

Just now, RochesterRob said:

The Julian Calendar is not fool proof by any means.  A major reason a number of countries including the US use government subsidized crop insurance.  You can still have a frost inside the federally recognized window for a given crop for a given region in terms of growing season.  When everybody kicks in via being a taxpayer the cost of food production becomes minimal per household.  The volatility that would result without it would result in much higher prices in a poor crop year for a given commodity.  American consumers in recent generations pay on average ten percent of their earnings on food.  Contrast that with lesser European nations along with other parts of the world where paying a third of your income to eat is considered normal.  Some despise government intervention such as subsidized crop insurance but it does allow us to type away on a site such as this with minimal concern as to food budget.  The alternative being if wheat were short in supply with the price of bread rising over 50 percent then people gather up arms to fight one another.

You actually think an accurate calender is of little importance? 

18 minutes ago, Swill Merchant said:

The left is immoral and inhumane. They have no regard for the truth and wilfully destroy the innocent to advance their propaganda.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/42418/walsh-4-lessons-we-can-learn-despicable-smear-matt-walsh

Amen to this, but of course I have zero expectation that this trend will change for the better anytime soon.

1) Your social media hot take can wait for a day or two.

We all seem to be under the impression that the world will stop rotating on its axis if we don't immediately offer our two cents on every event, the moment it occurs. Many otherwise intelligent people have made fools of themselves (myself included) because they felt the need to voice an opinion on an issue as soon as it came to their attention. But there really isn't much good that can come of an opinion dashed off and posted to the internet on the fly. Especially when you're simply adding to a chorus of people who have already expressed that exact point of view. Even if you're right, your perspective is redundant and useless. If you're wrong, you've just contributed to mass hysteria. So, why not wait? Everyone can survive without your opinion for a few hours while you let the facts come in. There is no downside to taking your time. There is enormous downside to jumping the gun.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

All this talk about history so Tibs can avoid admitting his initial reaction about this story was wrong, wrong, wrong. 

Sad. 

And all the condemnations from Catholics schools, GOP politicians and people all across the political spectrum were wrong too, I suppose. Lol, the right wing echo chamber sure has its own reality. 

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You actually think an accurate calender is of little importance? 

Nobody is disputing an accurate calendar is important.  As discussed an accurate calendar is essential in the planting of crops.  But it also necessary for a variety of sciences, business purposes, and a reminder that has been 731 since Hiliary Clinton was not sworn in as President

Just now, Tiberius said:

And all the condemnations from Catholics schools, GOP politicians and people all across the political spectrum were wrong too, I suppose. Lol, the right wing echo chamber sure has its own reality. 

They were wrong. It's incontrovertible now. 

Or are you sticking to your oringal position like a good little sycophant?

• Like (+1) 1